Nausea on ckd

tripwired

Awards
I'm trying the keto diet, yesterday i felt like i had the worst hangover of my life. Today i don't feel so bad but i feel nauseous. Is this normal?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It can be, certain diets or decrease in my food intake can do that to me.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Dizziness/low energy/headaches were usual for me for the first few weeks.

How far into it are you?

tripwired

Awards
This is day 4 started on monday, yesterday was horrible but this morning i woke up feeling okay other than feeling like my heart is beating hard for some reason (i get this often though) But after i ate breakfast i started feeling really nauseous. I guess i'll see if it passes. According to the ketostix i have i'm between 15-40 mg/dl or whatever. Does that mean that ketosis has started?

Also I'm not sure i'm getting enough calories since i started. i try to eat but i just feel full all the time.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Have you figured all your cals up?

If you're not getting enough cals in, try eating more lean meat so it won't fill you as much as red meat(Fish as opposed to steak). That early, I think it's just your body doing the transition, so you are OK, but it's annoying. On the keto stix, it is starting, but not fully changed. The deeper into keto you are, the better your body is going to be at burning the fat/using it effectively. Optimum range is I believe 100 to 160. It may be 80 to 160, but you get the idea: Higher amount = better ^_^

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It may be 80 to 160, but you get the idea: Higher amount = better ^_^
actually thats not entirely true as if you are urinating that much in ketones you aren't burning enough for it to all work out, and some of it will get redeposited as fat :)

give it at least a week. What did you have for breakfast? are you using a prebuilt keto diet or just trying to put it together yourself? Theres a number of simple mistakes people make if they are doing it on their own without enough research

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
actually thats not entirely true as if you are urinating that much in ketones you aren't burning enough for it to all work out, and some of it will get redeposited as fat :)

give it at least a week. What did you have for breakfast? are you using a prebuilt keto diet or just trying to put it together yourself? Theres a number of simple mistakes people make if they are doing it on their own without enough research
Agh, I'm too rusty from being gone for a few months :( Thanks for fixing it :)

Also, on that note, the amount that shows up on the strip can also be screwed with if you drink a lot/very little water. Drinking a lot of water will result in lower count in urine, but there will be more in your body.

tripwired

Awards
Well i drink a ton of water all day, and i worked out hard a few hours before i took the test, but this morning after i woke up it seemed lower. I think i need more fat in my diet i get enough protein through shakes and stuff as well as chicken salmon mahi eggs. I'm just having trouble finding a good source of fat other than drinking evoo and cheese.

I've been doing
shake in the morning 46g protein plus a good amount of evoo mixed in with some metamucil(sugar free), fish oil caps and other vitamins
then i'll snack on almonds and string cheese until lunch this morning i also ate a couple sausage patties(made me real nauseous)
then i generally have two chicken breasts or two salmon fillets for lunch
snack on more nuts and cheese
protein shake before work out and one after
then dinner which is also usually fish or chicken

My problem is i never really have time to prepare food i leave my house at 6 in the morning and don't get home till 830 at night so i'm stuck finding fast foods.

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, good sources of healthy fats would be nuts(not too much, they do have some carbs), PB(same as for nuts), coconut oil, flaxseed, etc...

You should also stick in some veggies, they will really help. Not TOO many, but leafy greens would be a + :)

As for the meal situation, dang. You could buy a small George Foreman and simply make a few meals of meat in advance then fridge em. That's a lot of shakes too :/ I'm not sure of what to switch 1 or 2 of them out for(I'm sure someone will tell ya), but 4 seems like too many.

tripwired

Awards
I thought you were supposed to have a protein shake pre and post workout, and usually one before bed?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
natural pb and coconut oil are my 2 favorite for adding fats. also you can buy heavy cream and use that to mix your shakes, or just to drink.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Maybe the sausage patties you ate were bad?