For short term... quickest way to drop fat

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
what diet drops Fat the quickest in the short term?... looking to do something for a timeframe of 3 - 4 weeks

From what I've heard, CKD is a slow process but is very muscle sparing.
The diet I do (40 - 40 - 20) is very slow for me but muscle sparing and i don't feel lethargic etc...

But I have something coming up in 4 weeks time and i'm looking to lose as much fat as possible and I'm not worried if i do lose a bit of muscle..

so what should my macros be like?...

Cheers,

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
what diet drops Fat the quickest in the short term?... looking to do something for a timeframe of 3 - 4 weeks

The diet I do (40 - 40 - 20) is very slow for me but muscle sparing and i don't feel lethargic etc...

But I have something coming up in 4 weeks time and i'm looking to lose as much fat as possible and I'm not worried if i do lose a bit of muscle..

Cheers,
If you do a CKD, set it up as a 1:1 calorie ratio of protein to fat. Base your protein requirement off of your LBM and eat 1.5g per pound of LBM. So for example, if your LBM is 200 pounds, that's 300g of protein. To find fat cals, multiply 300 x 4 = 1200 cals from protein. Then divide that 1200 by 9 to get your grams of fat which comes out to be 133g roughly.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
For CKD it depends what you follow. I go by the AD diet style and use a 60 percent fat and 40 percent protein split along with the 20-30 carbs I get in a day.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established

Cheers,

The absolute fastest that I ever dropped fat was following a high protein, near 0 fat, and near 0 carb diet. Obviously eating like this is not a long term diet plan, but it will strip some fat off quick. I utilized this diet when I wanted to get as lean as possible in 6 weeks time.

A sample of my diet was as follows:

10 egg white omelette w/ fat free cheese

followed by 4 or so meals of chicken breast (with just a tad of ketchup for taste)

topped off with another egg white omelette before bed.

The first week is really tough, the cravings are absolutely horrible, and you feel like a 12 year old girl in the gym. After 10 days or so you will start feeling better.

I don't know how this stacks up to the Velocity diet, but this diet is very effective.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
The absolute fastest that I ever dropped fat was following a high protein, near 0 fat, and near 0 carb diet. Obviously eating like this is not a long term diet plan, but it will strip some fat off quick. I utilized this diet when I wanted to get as lean as possible in 6 weeks time.

followed by 4 or so meals of chicken breast (with just a tad of ketchup for taste)

The first week is really tough, the cravings are absolutely horrible, and you feel like a 12 year old girl in the gym. After 10 days or so you will start feeling better.

I don't know how this stacks up to the Velocity diet, but this diet is very effective.
Sounds brutal, do you loose alot of muscle?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established

welcome to my life.........lol

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
cheers guys.. ima go with ThomasRivera and Dark on this ... but probably do 55% fat and 45% protein....

While the 100% protein diet sounds promising, I have enough trouble cutting out carbs.... cutting out carbs and fat would be close to impossible for me (provided I want to keep sane).

UKStrength

Ketogenic diets are by far the fastest method to lose fat, but you'll feel like death warmed up initially (usually takes 2-3 weeks to transition over to using ketones for fuel).

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Ketogenic diets are by far the fastest method to lose fat, but you'll feel like death warmed up initially (usually takes 2-3 weeks to transition over to using ketones for fuel).
2-3 weeks? It usually takes me 3-4 days before I transition over.

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Try the Palumbo variation of a keto diet. It is high protein, moderate fat mainly from omega-3,6,9, and no direct carbs (only from nuts and natural pb).

BEAST

Mikool

Mikool

Awards
Straight up no carbs. With a carb up maybe once every 7 - 10 days. Will drop the weight pretty quickly.........and strength and muscle....

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
Straight up no carbs. With a carb up maybe once every 7 - 10 days. Will drop the weight pretty quickly.........and strength and muscle....
google "draper's diet"...buddy of mine did it. lost 8lbs in a week and looked like shredded wheat

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

But I have something coming up in 4 weeks time and i'm looking to lose as much fat as possible and I'm not worried if i do lose a bit of muscle.
Just bear in mind that any method/diet that drops a lot of fat that quickly means that you're also going to lose a fair amount of muscle (and that is NOT ideal).

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
alright so yesterday I had 30g of carbs... and the rest of my cals were from protein and fat. This morning I hit the gym and yea, my performance was lame...

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
alright so yesterday I had 30g of carbs... and the rest of my cals were from protein and fat. This morning I hit the gym and yea, my performance was lame...
you're going to have to wait it out. It'll take 3-4 days and maybe a few days longer than that depending on the individual. Just stick with it and you'll be fine.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
I help balance the first few days by overeating on good fats and protein. I have a shake and handful of nuts or a real meal every 90 min or so. My total cals would be 20% over target for the diet. Anything to help bust through the crappy feelings.

keeper

I know this thread is primarily about diet, but I have to jump in to advocate interval training. Done right, it is killer for blowing up fat fast.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
I know this thread is primarily about diet, but I have to jump in to advocate interval training. Done right, it is killer for blowing up fat fast.
thanks for reminding me....
I haven't done that in ages... I basically do no cardio atm since it's winter in australia and freezing cold in the mornings and nights.

so i'm on my 3rd of this diet so far, not sure if i'm in ketosis yet... but i am feeling very out of wack, so i probably haven't quite got there...

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
thanks for reminding me....
I haven't done that in ages... I basically do no cardio atm since it's winter in australia and freezing cold in the mornings and nights.

so i'm on my 3rd of this diet so far, not sure if i'm in ketosis yet... but i am feeling very out of wack, so i probably haven't quite got there...
Just stick with it man, a few more days and you'll be alright.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You really want at least 50g of carbohydrates at a MINIMUM to burn fat effectively (Burke, 2006).

Interval training 3 times a week for 12-20 minutes will absolutely go a long way in shedding the fat.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
You really want at least 50g of carbohydrates at a MINIMUM to burn fat effectively (Burke, 2006).
And while on a ketogenic diet, these carbs should only be occurring naturally in the foods. The carbs should only be coming from veggies, almonds, and natty pb.

And I'd have to respectfully disagree with the above statement as this may or may not apply to someone on a ketogenic diet.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And I'd have to respectfully disagree with the above statement as this may or may not apply to someone on a ketogenic diet.
Each to their own.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
yea I can understand 50g or more being efficient for lipolysis (fat oxidation).

But from what i've read, eating more than 30g will shift one out of ketosis. So in other words with carbs greater than 30g, while fat oxidation still occurs, the brain, bloodcells etc. wont be using ketones (derived from fat breakdown) for fuel but will be using glucose.

I read it on bodybuilding.com articles though, not from any medical journals.