hCG Diet Log - the test.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 1 - 283.1lbs
Ok, so my wife and I have decided to give the so called hCG diet a go.

For info on the diet you can goto HCG Diet Information - What is the HCG Diet?

I took measurements this morning, and will be tracking them and testing BF% via mybodycomp.com

Loaded on the weekend when we started our hCG injections, injecting at a rate of 175iu per day.

I know that there are lots of skeptics who want to bash this diet, you can refrain from it in this thread please, there are lots of groups etc out there that evidence people losing mass amounts of weight very quickly, i intend to try it out here.

Hopefully in the 43 day cycle i will lose 30-40lbs of fat, and prefferably no muscle.

Weigh in day 1 (day 3 including load)
283.1lbs
Will include measurements later, and at the end will post before/after photos

Thoughts on day 1

Holy **** im hungry.
500 calories, wow not much food.

All for now.

Last edited:
Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
OMG i had a really long post and then pressed back GRR

Ok, the short version now

Day 1 VLCD (very low calorie diet)
Initial weigh in - 283.1
Day 2 VLCD
3.5lb loss - 279.5
Day 3 VLCD
4.2lb loss - 275.4

The first day i was accidently undercutting our calories by not including enough veggies, i also added miracle (or shiritaki)noodles to help curb hunger and stomach emptiness (they are pure glucomann - fibre).

Diet consists of so far

VLCD day 1 (accidental undercut by 100calories)
10:00AM - 1apple
12:00PM - 100g of skinless chicken breast (measured raw), 1 tomato
2:00PM - 1 apple
6:00PM - 100g of skinless chicken breast (measured raw), 1 tomato
(rest of day, be really hungry)

VLCD day 2 (hunger a little less intense, added more vegetables to dinnertime)
10:00AM - 1apple
12:00PM - 100g of skinless chicken breast (measured raw), 1 tomato
6:00PM - 100g of skinless chicken breast (measured raw), 6oz of steamed asparagus, 100g miracle noodles, 5oz celery, garlic ang ginger for seasoning
9:00PM - (shouldent have eaten this late at night) some celery soup i made, maybe 30 calories worth

VLCD day 3 (today)
10:00AM - 1 apple
12:00PM - 100g chicken, 5oz raw tomato, 4oz cucumber, a shot of apple cider vinegar and some dill
4:30PM - 2oz cucumber
6:00PM - 100g extra lean ground beef, 13oz lettuce, serving of miracle noodles
9:30PM - 1/2 cup sugar free jello

Overall thoughts... Although i know people claim that hCG will have no affect on appetite levels, i dont feel nearly as crappy as i should considering the calories im intaking. I played 2 games of slow pitch last night and did not feel tired once. Either the energy is coming from fat (as simeon claims) or... i dont really have any other explanation.

My wife has lost 6.2lbs so far.

We will re measure after 2 weeks i think.

I am feeling much better today than yesterday as well, less hunger, feeling full longer (even from liquids, my stomach is probably shrinking). Energy seems good so far, yesterday afternoon i was a space case, hopfully my increased calorie count will help that.

All for now

Last edited:
Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
how much and were to get the injections?
The hCG itself i got from a drug delivery escrow service, it cost around 170$ shipped (canadian) for enough for 70 days for my wife and myself.
You can find it all over the web.

Last edited:

JKBB44

Awards
good luck with the rest of the journey. I'd go nuts such few calories. Any before and after pics?

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 4 - 274.5 (total loss 8.6lbs)

Down .9lb this morning for a total loss of 8.6lbs in 4 days.

Assuredly the first couple days i lost much water, the rate of fat release is purported to be between .5-1lbs a day.

I made a large batch of 'cream' of celery and chicken soup, with my 100g of chicken and about 10oz of celery in 3 cups of water with some boullion and seasonings, i cooked it for a couple hours then blended and chilled, im really looking foreward to it at lunch, as it is actually really good.

Also went shopping last night, picked up a bunch of veggies. Got some strawberries as they are allowed, and am substituting one apple for 10oz of strawberries (same calories).

I know that the hCG is working now for the simple reason that after only a half scoop of greens+ in water, and a large cup of coffee, i am not really hungry.
Let me emphasize how much i love breakfast, it used to be one of my biggest meals of the day.

Another benefit of this diet analogous to other low carb diets, the lack of bloating or any kind. It feels good.
With the continued discovery of how to add bulk to my meals, i think this will be passable.

My wife weighed in down another 2lbs for a total loss of 8.2lbs.

The protocol calls for only one veg per meal, and i mixed veg at lunch, im going to try and stick to the protocol from now on.

Hit a nerve in my quad injecting this morning... felt crappy! had to reinject a couple inches farther back.

Last edited:
Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 5 - 272.9 (total loss 10.2lbs)

Reached my initial goal today - down 10lbs from start.

Woke up this morning 1.5lbs lighter, so thats 10lbs in 5 days.

Hunger is not really an issue anymore. Blood sugar is stable, everything is going well
oh yeah except for the fact that im not really eating very much (i love to eat)

Took before pics tonight with the wife, will post up at the end.

Things seem to be really rolling along, the significant weight loss everyday is a big motivating factor.

Today i ate pretty much the same as yesterday.

Spices and seasonings keep this diet bearable, and the lack of hunger and weight loss of course.

All for now.

Last edited:

UKStrength

10lbs in 5 days just seems incredible, I hope it all goes well for you mate.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
hCG, how much and how often are you supposed to take?

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Very curious as well as to the HCG protocol.

I've used HCG a number of times and never noticed an effect on hunger.

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
I've seen the protocol--wondering if OP is sticking to it or?

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 7 - 271.2 (total loss 12.1lbs)

Was down 1.1lbs yesterday morning, and 0.7 this morning.

Man, i ate lunch late yesterday, then missed my afternoon snack (first weekend on diet) and man that was brutal. I got a major headache and felt ill for the rest of the day, even after eating. Feel fine today though, just have to make sure i dont miss meals or snacks = death.

Things seem to be rolling along, we skipped an injection yesterday (supposed to) and that combined with the lack of eating made me feel like garbage. Anyways we were also mixing veggies (a nono) and my Wife only lost .2 yesterday, so we will resume single vegetables per meal again.

Only 33 days to go!

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Good work man!

This diet has piqued my interest more than once, but yours is the first in-depth log I've seen.

Do you feel any differently after the injection? You say you feel it definitely helps abate your hunger.

Are you taking any other supps?

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 8 - 269.4 (total loss 13.9lbs)

Down another 1.8 today, although my wife seems to be stalling or plateuing, she lost .2 yesterday and nothing today, she is a bit pissed.

Im currently not taking any other supps, although im considering an appetite suppressant such as recreate. We are taking a whole food greens supplement, but thats pretty much it.

Basically, without the injections there is no way i could function normally (or anyone could) living on 500kcals a day. But even with such low cals my blood sugar stays level, and im not ravenously hungry. I just have to make sure i eat every 2-3 hours (after i eat my first snack at 10), that way i have a constant flow of calories coming in to help alongside the fat.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Interesting... I read a ladies blog where she tracked her bf% and after a 23 day cycle she lost around 12lbs of fat, and 8lbs of lean mass.

Now i dont know when she tested (if she tested after her water was replenished) so it could just be water loss, but this has me thinking.

Whatever, measurements retaken at the end of this week, it will be a big indicator of whats going on..

Just on a note that i wanted to add, im now wearing clothes that were uncomfortably tight a few weeks ago. Definately notice the loss in how the clothes fit.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 9 - 267.2 (16.1lbs total loss)

So i was another 2.2lbs down this morning, im not sure if that was from me draining water (i ate grapefruit and drank at least 2l of water) or actual fat loss.
On another note, i had to tighten my belt up another notch today on my pants (i had been on the same notch for a while now).

Im going to get some exercise today, some sparring with a freind.
My wife lost again today, but only .4, she is pissed that im losing faster than her, im convinced she is retaining water, i told her to drink more.

Im also upping my calories a bit, increasing my protein from 7oz a day to 8 or 8.5oz a day. from 500 cals to 550 or 600. I want to see if it makes a difference.

I started taking PGX (soluble fibre that makes you feel full and reduces blood sugar) to help with appetite control, it helped.

All for now

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
END

I was doing research today on medline, and every article i came across said that there was no difference between a 500cal diet with hcg and without. All results in weight loss, bf recomposition and every other marker were basically the same. I have since decided to come off of this semistarvation diet. I will be incorporating calories slowly over the next few days to get back to a reasonable level. I am convinced that along with the fat loss (which was considerable, considering the diet i was on) there was also lean mass loss.

I would not recommend this to anyone but the extremely obese (over 40BMI) who can tolerate long periods of semi starvation.

I believe that the relatively level blood sugar i had was due to the small frequent feedings and lack of carbohydrates, it seems certain that i was also in ketosis at this time.

I will take measurements tommorow morning and post the before and after, but that being said i still would never recommend this to anyone. And now i have 5 vials of hcg i have to sell.

I cant believe i got duped.

(ps here is a good article that basically outlines the fallacy)

AB 1. A meta-analysis was conducted to assess if there is scientific ground for the use of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. 2. Published papers relating to eight controlled and 16 uncontrolled trials that measured the effect of HCG in the treatment of obesity were traced by computer-aided search and citation tracking. 3. The trials were scored for the quality of the methods (based on four main categories: study population, interventions, measurement of effect, and data presentation and analysis) and the main conclusion of author(s) with regard to weight-loss, fat-redistribution, hunger, and feeling of well-being. 4. Methodological scores ranged from 16 to 73 points (maximum score 100), suggesting that most studies were of poor methodological quality. Of the 12 studies scoring 50 or more points, one reported that HCG was a useful adjunct. The studies scoring 50 or more points were all controlled. 5. We conclude that there is no scientific evidence that HCG is effective in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-loss of fat-redistribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being

Luisciphr1

Awards
Interesting nobody commented on your abrupt ending of your diet after 9 days. Being that it's a few weeks since you cut it off, how are you feeling now, etc.? My one question all along was, if the HCG is the key to losing all the weight why the focus on the VLCD? Seems anyone with a great deal of weight to lose would drop quite a bit of weight the first few weeks with only 500 calories to go on. I'm guessing nobody has run HCG on a low calorie diet (something more reasonable than 500), or if they have the results weren't any better than the diet alone.

So, thanks for your honest evaluation. I've put on close to 75lbs in the last 10 months and was looking for something to jump start me back on track, but I guess it's not really a shock that I'll have to do it the old fashion way and bust my ass like I used to. Well, I'm going down to solder the cord on the lifestep and clear my training room of Jeep parts and get back to it. The result of your thread wasn't what I was hoping for, but it did bring me back to AM, so thanks for that.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?tool=pubmed&pubmedid=8527285

Link to a meta analysis I posted in another thread (the HCG+alcohol thread) showing no effect of the HCG.

Sorry to hear you drop the protocol man, but I guess it makes sense in lieu of the research disproving everything. Who knows, maybe the best thing the HCG does is allow for tight physician control of the patient during their weightloss while exerting a large placebo effect..."The Doctor needs to see me to prescribe me this drug thats going to help me lose weight...it must be good since its a pharmaceutical, I bet this diet will work."

Not saying you fell into this category at all, but I bet some of the "success" that the diet brings is because of patient compliance and placebo from the HCG.

demetre

Awards
i have to disagree with this because i have personally done HCG and lost 21 pounds. also i have 5 friends that have done it and have all lost weight. The HCG is the "door" and the diet is the "key" without both nothing happens. If anyone has heard of Rodney Howard-Browne he has done this diet and lost over 120 pounds.
Just like everything else that works, the government bans or discredits.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
so you quit a 23-day diet, at day 8. - most people don't even feel the full benefit of hcg until their 2nd week in. you also only did 2 days of loading vs the protocol's 3-day load.
i also find it funny that on day 4 you said this :

''I know that the hCG is working now for the simple reason that after only a half scoop of greens+ in water, and a large cup of coffee, i am not really hungry.
Let me emphasize how much i love breakfast, it used to be one of my biggest meals of the day.''

but suddenly since you read an article that said this :

''We conclude that there is no scientific evidence that HCG is effective in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-loss of fat-redistribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being''

you were hungry again.

so which is it?

this one was funny too

''I believe that the relatively level blood sugar i had was due to the small frequent feedings and lack of carbohydrates, it seems certain that i was also in ketosis at this time.''

i don't care how well you distribute 500 calories, you WILL be hungry and have low blood sugar without an effective appetite suppressant.

also, with ALL weight loss you will lose Lean body mass.

what about the measurements/pics you took at the beginning vs at the end of the diet?

edit : you probably didn't have much physical change in 8 days, so really there is no point of a measurement/pic update.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kronic Weight Loss 2
hvactech Weight Loss 7
Weight Loss 43
Weight Loss 103
RobInKuwait Weight Loss 44