this can't be right...

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.15%

Exclamation this can't be right...

Ok so I've been in keto with two day refeeds for about four weeks. I follow a strict diet during the week of 275g protein 210gfat and less than 25g carbs. Every moring and night I take a piss stick to make sure that I am still in keto normally its light to medium purple.

I get 200g a day from protein drinks from whey, casein, and mixed proteins. I know its alot but there is not choice. I eat 7 times a day every other hour. from 9-9.

I can see visible fat loss on my back and legs, and starting to see some great definition there too.

but at the same time my weight has only dropped 2lbs since I started this diet. I'm currently running a 1000 kcals under my tdcn.

but more interesting to me is that I seem to be able to lift more each week at the gym. I'm getting stronger...and building muscle??? how can this be???

Please note all I'm taking is recreate, and a crap daddy load of BCAA's to keep the energy up.

Could I be recomping at a 1000kcals under? OR what am I doing wrong. how am I like lifting more/gaining muscle, my muscles are always harder and seem to be growing from the me in mirror, I know they are.

What the heck?!? How can this be?!? am I just blessed by god or something?!?

PLease help

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.93%

dont worry about the weight man, 1 lb of fat looks like this:

Ive been on the diet for 4 months and ive lost 0 pounds. I can tell you that I look MUCH MUCH better. Thats one of the reasons alot of people love the keto diet because you can stay at or around the same weight while continually losing fat, retaining muscle AND gain strength.

oh and keto stix are unreliable.

So i wouldnt worry about the scale number, the #1 fat loss checker is your mirror. If you look better, and feel better what more could you want right?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.15%

I'm not concerned about the scale that much... I'm more curious about whether or not I can actually be building muscle. I'm sure I am, but how is that possible? based on the info in my about post.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.46%

yeah, like he said, the mirror should answer your question clearly.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.1%

^word, as long as you feel healthy, and look better, don't let the scale discourage you.
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fishone1 View Post

Could I be recomping at a 1000kcals under? OR what am I doing wrong. how am I like lifting more/gaining muscle, my muscles are always harder and seem to be growing from the me in mirror, I know they are.

What the heck?!? How can this be?!? am I just blessed by god or something?!?

PLease help
    Because you are not REALLY at 1k under, when you consider your weekly calorie intake.. Say 1k under for me is 2500.. 2500 x7 = 17,500/wk. BUT if i am eating 2500 x 6 days=15,000 plus an 5-8k refeed, i am up around 20k+ for the week.

This is pretty typical for me as well, with a CKD type diet, as long as my cals are where they need to be.. Even when i got my calories very low, i still continued to make progress in the gym, as the scale started to go down.