Weight loss help!!!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Weight loss help!!!

Hey guys, so i'm 21 and looking for a way to cut down the fat and build muscle. I weight about 185 and was hoping to drop down to 165 then start hard core muscle building! Would you say thats a good idea? Any help would be great.

Thanks

2. rrm
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Answers

how much bf do u have at the moment?
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy View Post
    Hey guys, so i'm 21 and looking for a way to cut down the fat and build muscle. I weight about 185 and was hoping to drop down to 165 then start hard core muscle building! Would you say thats a good idea? Any help would be great.

Thanks
    If your looking to cut no matter what your bodyfat percentage is, diet and cardio are going to be your best friends. What does your diet look like?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  223 lbs.
    Answers

As the above poster wrote, diet and cardio are your friends. However, combine those with a good three day weight lifting plan and you will see gains. You must stay consistent and the gains will come. Do some research on some different types of diets use the search tool here or hell even google. Find a diet that you like and think you can stick to for the long haul. Workout plans are easy to come by so once again pick one that suits you.

Cardio is as easy as taking a walk. Start off with short cardio sessions and build your way up. No need to start with a long cardio session, or else you will eventually hit a plateau. Remember, if you don't have alot of time to do cardio, try interval training. Hope this helps.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

I would not suggest dropping down to 165 before bulking. If you want to focus on one thing at a time, I would say trying to gain more muscle first and then attempting to drop fat would be a better plan. The more muscle you have on your body, the easier dropping the BF will be.

You can certainly gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. I have done this myself. Lifting 3-4 days a week and doing HIIT or body weight circuits on off days would be great if you decide to recomp. Heavy compound movements every workout would probably be best.

Here is a good body weight circuit program for your off day cardio:

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/fre..._get_metabolic

Diet is very important here as well. To make real progress you need to be eating enough protein, fat and carbs (especially veggies).

Here is a great diet that worked for me while I was recomping:

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a..._cycling_codex

Once you have gotten into the roll of things an energy booster and fat loss supplement could help you out. There are a lot out there. I have tried Reduction, Slim X, X-Force and Shred Matrix. My personal favorite has remained X-Force.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Hey, well i used to do the weight watchers program and lost about 60 pounds in 1 year. I work out about 3 times a week. The biggest problem i have is eating, especially because im a college student and all my friends are always eating out...
  7. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Hey, well i used to do the weight watchers program and lost about 60 pounds in 1 year. I work out about 3 times a week. The biggest problem i have is eating, especially because im a college student and all my friends are always eating out...
    Diet is the MOST important part of fat loss -more than working out. And diet is the most important part of gaining muscle too. Eating healthy takes discipline, and unless you are willing to make great changes by eliminating junk and eating the right kinds of foods you will not see much progress.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.
    Answers

no more college keg parties and keg stands for you! na, just playing. it's 3 fold like everyone has been saying. DIET, cardio, weight training. you can still eat out and choose healthy menu items. get grilled instead of fried foods. choose veggy/rice/potatoe side dishes instead of the usual fries..get some healthy snacks at your dorm/ wherever you stay at school. key ingredient will be discipline. do simple things to cut back on calories, no more sugar packed soft drinks, high calorie and fat rich condiments- mayo, dressings, etc. 6 smaller meals spread throughout the day instead of the traditional 3.. good luck..tough to eat and maintain proper diet in college, but very possible. it will be worth it come fall when you start the semester off looking lean and buff. then think how good you will look streaking through the quad- lol-
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Im a college student too and it was hard but i found an amazing secret.........

If you spend the money to stock up on healthy food options to stick to a diet, you will have no money to go out anyway and problem is solved
  10. Registered User
    Answers

what about some td like CEL suppress-c to help with body fat,along with the dieting and cardio.Its helping me lose weight.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  205 lbs.
    Answers

i need to lose at the least 60 pounds what would be a great diet for me 5'3" tall 47 female, 205 pounds.
  12. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sharonizarose View Post
    i need to lose at the least 60 pounds what would be a great diet for me 5'3" tall 47 female, 205 pounds.
    Once you get on a good program, it shouldn't be very difficult for you to lose weight/fat in the beginning.

Protein (lean meats, eggs, etc), Healthy fats (natural peanut butter, olive oil, avocado, eggs, unsweetened coconut) and healthy carbs (Veggies mostly) are going to help you lose weight. You need to make sure that you are eating the right amount of food as well. If you eat too much protein and fat it will make you gain fat, just like anything else. But if you are eating little under maintenance level calories, you should drop fat/weight.

Be sure that you are drinking at least 1 gallon of water a day.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. CKD weight loss log
    By Kristopher in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 04:56 PM
  2. Best Ph's for cutting weight/weight loss
    By ftwrestler in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 10:55 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 08:37 PM