please help with this

R

rrm

Awards
My bro just started to take nutrition and training seriously and hes goin grazy about his diet. He wants to lose 20-30lbs becusae he has 20% bf and i say to reduce calories and get atleast 1g of protien for bm. Hes only 16 so i personally think just a calorie deficiancy will work. He wants to hear from some of you guys though so im asking for some advice for him from you cause hes driving me crazy! Thank you!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
1g of protein. usually its 1g per lean pound, but when cutting its extremely important to keep your protein intake a bit higher to make sure that your muscle isn't lost first - it requires calories to maintain unlike fat.

drop calories by 250, and make sure he's lifting weights like they're going out of style. for faster results, add in HIIT or swimming.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
My bro just started to take nutrition and training seriously and hes goin grazy about his diet. He wants to lose 20-30lbs becusae he has 20% bf and i say to reduce calories and get atleast 1g of protien for bm. Hes only 16 so i personally think just a calorie deficiancy will work. He wants to hear from some of you guys though so im asking for some advice for him from you cause hes driving me crazy! Thank you!
its important to find out where's he's getting his cals from. hopefully they are from lean foods, vegi's and whole grains, fruit etc. aside from that, figure out his maintenence cals for a day and tell him to start eating there for 1 week or 2 depending on how much he was eating before getting this number. e.g. if he's currently eating 3000 cals ED and his maintainence cals are 2000 DO NOT advise him to start eating 1750 cals right away, he will need to work down to that number, i don't know if i could estimate how many people, recently, that i've talked to they do not eat enough food when they're dieting. this situation will cause weight loss, but in the form of muscle and fat loss, we want only ft correct? eating 5 to 6 times a day, small meals is a great place to start also......