Why are you going low carb?

rrm

Awards
If you are on a low carb diet i want to know why?
Also what do you think its going to do for you in the long term?

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
i don't do low carb but others usually do it to lose weight.
From what i understand, it's more of a short term procedure than a long term one.

CallmeClark

Awards
  • Established
My carbs are fairly low. I take 'em down for show prep. I cycle 'em though. I'm not gonna sit low for very long. I'll typically start off with my carbs around 200, with 300-400 on heavy days, and hold that for four weeks or so. Then, I'll drop 'em a bit until six weeks out. Then, at six weeks out, I'll go three low days (50g or less), one high day (200g-250g), two low days (50g or less), and one medium day (100g-150g). Of course my fats will be through the roof and I'm taking glycerol, glutamine, and tons of bcaa's to keep my energy up throughout my training.

What will this do for me in the long term? Not lots. However, in the short-term (14 weeks), it'll pull me down around 2% bodyfat! Ultimately, I'm not the biggest fan of a ketogenic diet. However, with that being said, it certainly does work! You just have to stimulate your metabolism via thermogenics/supps.

I hope that answers your question. Out of curiousity... Why do you ask?

GymRat7197

GymRat7197

Awards
  • Established
If you are on a low carb diet i want to know why?
Also what do you think its going to do for you in the long term?
I use low carb whilst cutting to prevent optimal glycogen levels and therefore resulting in my body being at a catabolic state where it's burning more calories than it's consuming in order to burn away unwanted/unnecessary pounds of fat.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Bottom line: It's the least-complicated way to achieve my desired results. There's no guesswork and results are consistent. That plus I'm never hungry are the selling-points for me.

chasenwill

Awards
The only thing that has worked for me consistently. I love keto.

rrm

Awards
My carbs are fairly low. I take 'em down for show prep. I cycle 'em though. I'm not gonna sit low for very long. I'll typically start off with my carbs around 200, with 300-400 on heavy days, and hold that for four weeks or so. Then, I'll drop 'em a bit until six weeks out. Then, at six weeks out, I'll go three low days (50g or less), one high day (200g-250g), two low days (50g or less), and one medium day (100g-150g). Of course my fats will be through the roof and I'm taking glycerol, glutamine, and tons of bcaa's to keep my energy up throughout my training.

What will this do for me in the long term? Not lots. However, in the short-term (14 weeks), it'll pull me down around 2% bodyfat! Ultimately, I'm not the biggest fan of a ketogenic diet. However, with that being said, it certainly does work! You just have to stimulate your metabolism via thermogenics/supps.

I hope that answers your question. Out of curiousity... Why do you ask?
ya it does. And i was just wondering to see what type of people are doing it like competers or more just every day people who are a little over weight.