Does the body burn fat more effectively during low impact cardio?
- 05-20-2009, 05:45 PM
- 05-20-2009, 06:39 PM
- 05-20-2009, 11:50 PM
05-21-2009, 09:03 AM
M.Ed. Ex Phys
05-21-2009, 12:20 PM
I've always wondered why it has to be one or the other with cardio. I've been having great success with Lyle McDonalds Stubborn fat protocol. I do 10 minutes of HIIT (elliptical), and then about 30-40 minutes of less intense cardio, either on the elliptical or heavy bag. I do NOT do this fasted, but I also don't use the same type of pre workout supplements I do when I lift.
The rationale behind the protocol is that you use the HIIT to free up fatty acids, and the lesser intensity follow up cardio to burn those freed up fatty acids. I've used this in the past as well with very good results. I use Xtend during these sessions to hopefully stave off any cannibalism of my muscle, and I've noticed no muscle loss doing this 3 times a week.
05-21-2009, 02:36 PM
no one way is perfect for every metabolism or body type... but i like the combo HIIT for 10 to 15 followed by 30-45 of standard cardio
05-21-2009, 02:58 PM
I generally advocate what works best for me as I've learned over the years that my body is an ******* lol. Very stubborn and doesn't do what I want. And what Ido now is working wondedrs for ne
Similar Forum Threads
- By East1600Plus in forum Weight LossReplies: 12Last Post: 12-22-2006, 08:41 PM
- By Rhyalus in forum Weight LossReplies: 12Last Post: 11-12-2005, 11:29 PM
- By Chippewa in forum Training ForumReplies: 13Last Post: 06-17-2005, 05:00 PM
- By jos in forum AnabolicsReplies: 14Last Post: 05-02-2004, 02:19 PM
- By bachovas in forum Weight LossReplies: 10Last Post: 04-22-2003, 01:31 AM