Gonna do it! Second time trying...But this time I have AM and a plan!

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Okay so I’ve been using this site for a while, been asking a bunch of questions and now I want to log my results, after reading all sorts of information and skimming the anabolic diet I think I have my diet set.

My total daily calorie need is 4156 calories including my job, exercise and weight. I am very active, at my job, and try to kill my five days a week in the gym. I will be averaging 3100 calories a day to lose hopefully two pounds a week. This is estimated by using the harris benedict equation

I’ll be doing a modified CKD diet with seven meals a day totaling about 275g protein 215g fat and less than 30g carbs per day. I will get the bulk of my fats through nuts and olive/grape-seed oils, fish and CLA. For the protein I’ll get about 180g of my protein through whey protein shakes about 7scoops a day, the rest will come from the nuts and meat. Mainly because meat costs money, and Whey + Casein = mucho cheaper. I eat seven meals a day spreading everything throughout.

My BMI is 20.7 as of Friday I am 23 and weigh 283lbs. leaving me with a LBM of 224ish. My goal is to reach 7% BMI and not have that left over nasty stomach skin disgustingness. Over the last six months I have been figuring everything out diet and gym wise and feel like this plan will work the best for me.

Right now I work out five times a week Monday thru Friday, with the weekends off. Every workout is fasted. My workout schedule is:

WORKOUT

Monday: Shoulders and Traps
Military Press
Lateral Dumbbell Raises
Dumbbell Shrugs
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Front Dumbbell Raises
30min cardio maintaining at least 180hb
Pushups

Tuesday: Back and Biceps
Dead lifts
Chin Ups—with machine support
Pull Ups----can almost get to one. That’s without jumping up, I hang and then pull.
Barbell Biceps Curls
Bent Over Barbell Rows
Dumbbell Biceps Curls

Wednesday: no weights.
45min cardio maintaining at least 185hb
Pushups

Thursday: Chest and Triceps
Bench Press
Close Grip Bench
Skull Crushers---
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
Flat Dumbbell Bench Press

Friday: Legs, Calves and Abs
Squats
Lying Leg Lifts
Lying Leg Curl
Calve Raises
Weighted Crunches
Stiff legged dead lifts
10-15mins walking on treadmill
Assisted dips—can almost do one by myself but I always end up busting my A$$.

For all of my weight training I strive for 5 sets of 8 for every exercise with either 30 seconds or a minute between sets, and two between each exercise. Except for my squats I love doing those, normally I do 7-8 sets of 6 or 7 pushing more weight every time. Normally I am working out for 1h15m and then stretching out for another 15-20.

Before I go to the gym since I w/o fasted I take 25ishg BCAA’s, through purple wraath DominATP, and Xtend. During the W/O after the weights and before cardio I take a serving of purple wraath. And then after the W/O I take a serving of Xtend. This does not throw me out of Keto I keep checking…daily. Also before/during/post I drink a gallon of water, and then another while at work. It’s not hard I sweat a lot.

During the weekends I’ll be taking USPLabs Anabolic Pump, as well as the first day back on Keto to get back into it faster.

Daily I’ll be taking:
USPLabs Powerfull- weekdays only
USPlabs Recreate- till I run out kinda wanna try Slim xtreme…I dunno.
USPlabs Jacked
Fishoil-20g
CLA-6g
Usana multiple vitamins and minerals
Optimum Nutrition Whey and Casein Protein

I also still have two full bottles of usplabs prime but don’t know if I should continue taking it what do you guys think?

Well there you have it, My diet, My exercise routine, everything. Hope I was specific enough. I’ll be posting regular updates and look forward to any and all advice…

I am going to get FRICKEN ripped! I hope…

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
BMR or TDEE?
It wasn't BMR just couldn't find the link to how I got it...Found it now.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

My total daily calorie need is 4624 based on the fact that I w/o the way I do, and that I have a very physical job 40-45hrs a week.

my BMR is 2683 which according to the link I multiplied by 1.725 to get my TDCN. please note however, that daily I only get about 3156 cals, because on some days I don't think I need all the calories, for instance when I'm off of work or the gym. So i went with the moderately active multiple of 1.55 for a daily need, just to make sure I am never over eating.

What is TDEE?

should I consider changing something?

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
also edited my initial post to fix that mistake.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you calculated the thermic effect of feeding and also how much is expended from training?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thermic effect of feeding is .1 x kcal intake (e.g. 300 for 3000 kcals consumed). General activity is generally .2 x BMR and training depends upon length, intensity, type, etc.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Thermic effect of feeding is .1 x kcal intake (e.g. 300 for 3000 kcals consumed). General activity is generally .2 x BMR and training depends upon length, intensity, type, etc.

So if I understand it right, after googleing a few sites about it. basically I'm burning ~310 kilocalories just by eating 3100kcals, and then on top of that I am burning .2 x my BMR (2683) = 537, + 2683(BMR) +310(therm effect) = 3530kcals needed a day.

This means That I could cut my total intake from 3100 to about 2500 a day and still try to reach my goal of losing/recomping 2lbs of fat a week.

Did I get that right? And if so Should I take the 600 kcal change from fats 215g or protein 275g?

If not please explain further.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So if I understand it right, after googleing a few sites about it. basically I'm burning ~310 kilocalories just by eating 3100kcals, and then on top of that I am burning .2 x my BMR (2683) = 537, + 2683(BMR) +310(therm effect) = 3530kcals needed a day.

This means That I could cut my total intake from 3100 to about 2500 a day and still try to reach my goal of losing/recomping 2lbs of fat a week.

Did I get that right? And if so Should I take the 600 kcal change from fats 215g or protein 275g?

If not please explain further.
That's not including exercise, though.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed bud!

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Yeah lots of math but after the whole go round i was back at the orginal calorie nuber anyways

so week and a half update...down a almost three pounds, varies per scale. but feeling really good. Get wicked headaches in the day I haven't had headaches before when I tried keto so I figure it's due to a lack of electrolytes So I'm going to give posidien a try, see if that helps.

This last weekend I had my first carb up and didn't even know where to start and eat... I actually didn't want anything! not even icecream my worst vice. so All I did was eat a box of organic cinnamon miniwheats on both days totaling about 320g of carbs a day, wonder if thats enough or not? I did have a little icecream but only because my wife shoved it in my face, it was good though?

Is it possible on my diet to actually be gaining muscle mass, note that I am in a calorie deficit, its just I've been lifting more weight almost every time at the gym, and I'm feeling stronger. One thing I have definitely noticed though was it takes far longer to recover from my usual workouts.

What do you guys think about that? gaining lbm without carbs and in calorie deficit... am i just like sickly recomping?

thanks for all the support

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
I've heard good things about powerfull, how do you like it?

Are you taking in your 20g fish oil/day in liquid form?

How is your CKD goin, no post in awhile

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
This week was a rough week for me. The Gym was closed on monday which screwed up everything!!! I still started my ckd back up, but without my workout... I was lost!

Thats how I discovered how great supersets really are! On tues I did both monday and tuesdays weights in the time it normally took to do tuesday.

I did 8x155 deadlift, 8x60 bb bi curl, then repeated that for three times before a one minute break. Then I did that again I was DYING! Then I did 8x70military press and 8x35 db bi curls. Three sets one minute break then three more sets.

Followed the same workout with with db shrugs, and lat raises. lat raises at 20 lbs now, and shrugs with 55. then again the same with front raises, and db presses. on the front raises I had to drop to 15lbs.

I was so hungry all day! I eat 3100 cals a day every other hour I eat. And every hour I was starving!!! so I figure if you wanna lose weights go do supersets!
Keto is going really well I'm down three pounds from my start point, But I also had a vacation the week before I started this log, and three weeks into my diet. so I gained back ten pounds, so really being that this is the third week since I started my diet, I've lost thirteen pounds.

My strength is staying up still in the gym, I haven't increased and and my squats are weaker because I do them on friday I think. also something really weird, 45lb db for my chest day used to obliterate me. the last two weeks in a row its weird, I know they are working hard...I can feel the tightness but at the same time the next day not burn, no pain, no nothing, little baby tremors. either I need to up the weights or eat carbs before this workout so my chest can keep going up. I dont know.

anyways today is Leg day. can't wait see ya'll later!

oh ya I'll be adding napalm in to my mix. figure that might help me out a little bit, and I cant wait till next wed, I get my caliper test done again to see where my %bf is... really excited about that, because the scall barely ever moves for me, figure its becaus eI'm gain muscle too...

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
I've heard good things about powerfull, how do you like it?

Are you taking in your 20g fish oil/day in liquid form?

How is your CKD goin, no post in awhile
Code:
[CODE]
[/CODE]

20g of fish oil went to 30g a day, in liquid form. It's a green bottle, norwegian cod liver oil. my wifes dad give us the hookup its little 30 bucks a bottle, saving us 30 bucks every thirty days.

let me hold off on the powerfull answer just yet. I'm trying something else. But yes it works. but hold off, let me try something else.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
update: I dropped every supp I was taking from USPLABS I just have to cycle off for a month, with the exception of dominatp, and anabolic pump-weekend refeeds and then on mondays. then I use jacked just on fridays for leg day! horrary! miss my supps though...

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
DID my 1st complete Pull up today!!!! Thats right my fat A$$ lifted his 279lbs of fatness off the floor and did a fricken pullup! heck ya!

then on the second try I couldn't get past my wrists, and then hung there for a few second looking like an idiot but feeling the burn.

HECK YA I GOT A PULLUP!!!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
DID my 1st complete Pull up today!!!! Thats right my fat A$$ lifted his 279lbs of fatness off the floor and did a fricken pullup! heck ya!

then on the second try I couldn't get past my wrists, and then hung there for a few second looking like an idiot but feeling the burn.

HECK YA I GOT A PULLUP!!!
That's Awesome! Most people your size wouldn't want to even try. Think how strong you will be at your target weight, after doing them while still heavy. You'll be able to do sets with 2 45's hanging from your waist if you keep it up.