I'm Finally Doing It

stfdkd37

Awards
ya boy is finally losing weight and sticking with it i made a thread like last august saying i was going to lose weight, well i slacked off after i lost about 10lbs (probably thinking i was the ish lol smh) started eating junk again gained what i thought was a few pounds back when i finally got motivated again and jumped on the scale and :28: i was exactly 290lbs that woke me up 4 sho i vowed to never let myself get up to 300lbs and when i seen that on the scale something in me changed. So i been back in the gym for exactly 2 1/2 weeks and i went from 290 down to 280 lbs and not stopping haven't cheated once (with the exception of last night) but i'm back on it going stronger then ever hit the gym 5/6 days a week and burn at least 900 calories a session i'm so motivated it's crazy can't wait for the gym tonight :wave2:

Update 5-13-09

i'm now officially in the 270's well it was 279.6 but hey it's going down (the weight) i'll keep bumpin the thread with questions and updates and take more and more pictures every 10 lbs i drop then post them when i get down every 30lbs until i'm at my goal then i'll start bulking

snyper2k2

Awards
cool. dont overtrain though. when are your days off

michaelr7170

Awards
good for you man keep it up! best of luck

jimmbow

jimmbow

Awards
what are some mroe specifics? your diet? your calorie intake? your workout? pics before and after too!

stfdkd37

Awards
what are some mroe specifics? your diet? your calorie intake? your workout? pics before and after too!
iight diet

oatmeal.or egg cheddar cheese 2 slices turkey bacon on wheat 2 recreate pills

meal 2 protein shake

meal 3 tuna fish on wheat/ or chicken caesar salad

meal 4 protein bar

meal 5 (after gym) turkey burger on wheat with a slice of cheese (total calories for the day is like 1150 way less after i burn calories at the gym :dunno:) the calories aren't including fruits and veggies

my workout is the elliptical for a hour that usually gives me 950 cals burned then i might jump on the treadmill or bike for 50-150 cals giving me a total of 1000-1100 burned in the session next week im going to throw some weight lifting in their 2

don't have any before pics yet but i'll take some now @ me starting @ 280 then take pics as i lose weight.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I hate to say this, but in my experience those far, I feel your going too low in calories, yet, gradually lower your cals so your body doesnt go into shock/survival mode (I recently did this), your lifting right? not just doing cardio...

stfdkd37

Awards
I hate to say this, but in my experience those far, I feel your going too low in calories, yet, gradually lower your cals so your body doesnt go into shock/survival mode (I recently did this), your lifting right? not just doing cardio...

i'm going to add weight lifting in as of mon or tuesday

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
good weight lifting boosts your metabolism for up to 72 hours! you need to get your diet spot on. no matter how hard you lift or workout if your diet isnt good your not gonna lose weight. i seen people lose 80lbs in 10 months by just dieting alone and no exercise at all. Of course when they got slim they got currious about workout out and got into it not really knowing what they were doing but its better than nothing. My point is diet is much more important than workout on in terms of losing weight! Working out does accelerate the process and help you look and feel better while doing it thought. Good luck with your journey my friend!

p.s. try to eat 6-7 small meals a day, eat every 2 or 3 hours. even if its just a protein bar and some celery. or carrots or something. stay away from too much fruit!

stfdkd37

Awards
good weight lifting boosts your metabolism for up to 72 hours! you need to get your diet spot on. no matter how hard you lift or workout if your diet isnt good your not gonna lose weight. i seen people lose 80lbs in 10 months by just dieting alone and no exercise at all. Of course when they got slim they got currious about workout out and got into it not really knowing what they were doing but its better than nothing. My point is diet is much more important than workout on in terms of losing weight! Working out does accelerate the process and help you look and feel better while doing it thought. Good luck with your journey my friend!

p.s. try to eat 6-7 small meals a day, eat every 2 or 3 hours. even if its just a protein bar and some celery. or carrots or something. stay away from too much fruit!

yeah man def thank you thank you

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
have your fruit surrounding your wo. thats where i put my 3 servings of fruit daily. apple in pre meal and post shake has bananna and berries

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established

GOOD POST

dropshot001

Awards
good luck with the cutting and keep at it. i'm with the others in that you shouldn't just depend on diet to get you down. cardio is a key tool not only for just burning cals, but also to get the metabolism going

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
fruit can be bad because the fructose or carbs in the fruit can only replenish the glycogen stores in your liver. Your muscles and the rest of your body cannot use the carbs in fruit to replenish their glycogen stores because only the liver can metabolize it. The liver is fairly small and when you eat too much fruit the glycogen stores fill quickly. Once the liver glycogen stores are full, the liver sends an enzyme out into the body informing it that the bodys glycogen stores are now all full, and that any carbs consumed here after shall be turned into fat(while the rest of the bodys glycogen stores are still depleted). This can be detrimental to ones gains.

If your looking for an insulin spike, do like ambulldog and throw a banana into your post workout shake. Other wise I would keep the fruit to 2 servings a day and have one of those servings be in the morning with breakfast because all your glycogen stores are depleted at that point. But in general avoid bananas throughout the day as it is a high glycemic index carb.

stfdkd37

Awards
good luck with the cutting and keep at it. i'm with the others in that you shouldn't just depend on diet to get you down. cardio is a key tool not only for just burning cals, but also to get the metabolism going
yeah def i think my cardio is pretty good elliptical for a str8 hour burn anywhere from 850-900 calories a night at least 5 times a week :dunno:

stfdkd37

Awards
fruit can be bad because the fructose or carbs in the fruit can only replenish the glycogen stores in your liver. Your muscles and the rest of your body cannot use the carbs in fruit to replenish their glycogen stores because only the liver can metabolize it. The liver is fairly small and when you eat too much fruit the glycogen stores fill quickly. Once the liver glycogen stores are full, the liver sends an enzyme out into the body informing it that the bodys glycogen stores are now all full, and that any carbs consumed here after shall be turned into fat(while the rest of the bodys glycogen stores are still depleted). This can be detrimental to ones gains.

If your looking for an insulin spike, do like ambulldog and throw a banana into your post workout shake. Other wise I would keep the fruit to 2 servings a day and have one of those servings be in the morning with breakfast because all your glycogen stores are depleted at that point. But in general avoid bananas throughout the day as it is a high glycemic index carb.

thank you man i really really appreciate all your help i'll add picstures a little later and then show my progress in this thread as i go

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
yeah def i think my cardio is pretty good elliptical for a str8 hour burn anywhere from 850-900 calories a night at least 5 times a week :dunno:
yes, your doing cardio which is great, but what type? I wouldn't just rely on the elliptical as my only means of cardio, IMO...

stfdkd37

Awards
no elliptical for a str8 hour then the treadmill then the stationary bike i do those for 15 minutes each

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
no correction i do speeds between 4.6-5.7
lol, ok, steady at those speeds or switch between them, ex...
5min at 4.6 then 5min at 5.6 or just 60min of 4.6?
do you switch directions? (forward/backwards)

stfdkd37

Awards
lol, ok, steady at those speeds or switch between them, ex...
5min at 4.6 then 5min at 5.6 or just 60min of 4.6?
do you switch directions? (forward/backwards)

oh lol sorry i'm pretty sure it's steady i mean if i get winded ill slow down for a couple but same goes for when i feel i'm going slow i'll speed up but mainly steady

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
oh lol sorry i'm pretty sure it's steady i mean if i get winded ill slow down for a couple but same goes for when i feel i'm going slow i'll speed up but mainly steady
Ok, personally I wouldnt do that, maybe for 30-45 min, but not 60...if your seeing gains then do whats working for you

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is a great answer. Also as far as fruit goes I would only have it for breakfast and no other carbs. Or a very little amoint of oats

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
This is a great answer. Also as far as fruit goes I would only have it for breakfast and no other carbs. Or a very little amoint of oats
only carbs I have are 1/2 cup of oatmeal w/banana for breakfast and post WO (banana), of course theres carbs in my protein shakes and inbetween meals (veggies)...but not enough to make an impact

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't have any fruit post workout personally. Other carbs replenish liver glycogen as well and have. A much higher conversion rate in the muscle. Which generally the muscle has a better uptake post workout

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't have any fruit post workout personally. Other carbs replenish liver glycogen as well and have. A much higher conversion rate in the muscle. Which generally the muscle has a better uptake post workout
what would you suggest?

stfdkd37

Awards
thank you guys oh so should i increase my cals from 1100 to like 1300

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bro u should started a little undrr maintence. Your body is going to plataeu before u want it too because u went too low. Let's say u hit a platau and ur already doing tons of cardio ull be at a chance of hypothyroidism because of the deficit of calories. My honest suggestion and I please hope u rtake it is 2 weeks reseting ur metabolism with maintenece or a little above and then diet from there and begin it right

panmerc

panmerc

Awards
GOOD LUCK MAN!! imo I would also watch how many calories you start taking out of your diet. Dont go from a maintenence diet straight to a major weight loss diet, you could end up feeling like you starving and over eat. You see it alot. Hence the dieting "rollercoaster". For example, go from 2000 cals one week to 1750 cals next then 1500 cals the following weeks. If your in for the long run it will help.

stfdkd37

Awards
ok guys i tried what you said about doing the hiit training and i got tired after 20 minutes sprinted for 2 minutes jogged for 1 1/2 when i was getting real tired i sprinted for 2 minutes and jogged for 2 minutes then it was steady for the other 20 minutes or so... steady pace moving between 3.7-4.3 burning 706 cals didn't get a chance to finish my workout because of a family emergency but will continue was that enough time for my hiit training or should i be doing at leas 40 minutes or so?

stfdkd37

Awards
oh one more question how many carbs a day should i have trying to lose weight i want it under 100 a day but i'm not sure if that's healthy or not..

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
ok guys i tried what you said about doing the hiit training and i got tired after 20 minutes sprinted for 2 minutes jogged for 1 1/2 when i was getting real tired i sprinted for 2 minutes and jogged for 2 minutes then it was steady for the other 20 minutes or so... steady pace moving between 3.7-4.3 burning 706 cals didn't get a chance to finish my workout because of a family emergency but will continue was that enough time for my hiit training or should i be doing at leas 40 minutes or so?
only 20-30 min of HIIT is efficient, 30 being too much in some cases
oh one more question how many carbs a day should i have trying to lose weight i want it under 100 a day but i'm not sure if that's healthy or not..
it all depends, everyone is different..

stfdkd37

Awards
iight hit a snag in the road haven't been to the gym in 3 days because my car is all out of wack right now their is no telling when i'm going to get it back but i do still eat good and walk so maybe by the end of next week i'll be good to start going to the gym again

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
diet is the most important aspect and the one thing you control 100%, just make smart decisions!