HIIT

Parrrish

Awards
:684:
This will by m first type of HIIT, I'm 6 foot 230. Needing to burn fat and gain muscle. Just wondering if I should start out with something else? or would this be okay.

1. Warm up. Start out with a comfortable jog or run and get your heart going. It's typically recommended to warm up for about five minutes before beginning sprinting.

2. Sprint. Run as fast as you can for a short interval (AskMen suggests 15-30 seconds).

3. Recover. Walk for for about 2 minutes to recover. Don't stop fully, as this isn't good for your heart and lungs and will disrupt the exercise.

4. Repeat. Repeat steps 2 and 3 six to ten times, finishing with a recovery period (walking).

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, HIIT is really about what works for you, as long as it IS HIIT. And for sprinting all out for 30 secs...dang, I'd be done after 2 of those things, lol.

I personally do 10 secs dead sprint, 50 secs jog, 10 secs dead sprint, rinse, repeat. I do it about 10 times(depends on how I feel ^_^)

Others do it for sprinting 15, jogging 45, or sprint 20, then jog for 1 1/2, etc... Some even do it on a jump rope(same idea).

Just choose what you aren't going to stop doing after 1 or 2 times. Make sure it's one that is bearable for you.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I like HIIT on a bike or elliptical, the 'sprint' session is longer and the recovery time is shorter. The heart rate is still all sorts of crazy and the sweating is out of control as well.

Korben

Korben

Awards
I added HIIT to the end of my work out last summer.. It literaly melted that last little bit of body fat of and i really got great definition. I did it with the jump rope. I started jumping (intense) for 30 secs then would walk fast/jog around for 30 secs repeat (typically 10 times) I did 45 on 15 off a couple times those extra fifteen and less rest really kill you, or it did me.

Parrrish

Awards
Thanks, For the great input guys! REP POWER FOR ALL!

ShadowFury

ShadowFury

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the rep ^_^

Good luck on your HIIT endeavor :)

UKStrength

I can definitely testify the jump rope protocol, nothing melts the fat faster in my opinion:

Try this one mate:

100 turns of the rope
10 explosive pushups
10 pullups
10 squat jumps

Rest 30 seconds and repeat another 9 times. Brutal :)

Parrrish

Awards
I can definitely testify the jump rope protocol, nothing melts the fat faster in my opinion:

Try this one mate:

100 turns of the rope
10 explosive pushups
10 pullups
10 squat jumps

Rest 30 seconds and repeat another 9 times. Brutal :)
Trying to kill me I see :) lol

Tone

Tone

Awards
  • Established
I sprint 100 yards and then walk back and do it again. Usually do about 10 -15 that kills me, im so tired after that I can barely walk, the key is to run AS FAST AS YOU CAN everytime.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my hiit consists of walking for 1 min at 3.5 then sprinting for 1 min at 9.0 - 10.

Ill do this for 24 min.

I can usually get to 2.5~ miles this way.

wophood

wophood

Awards
Personally with my HIIT, I like the bike. A quick warm-up, then 30 seconds at about 5 levels harder at sprinting pace, then back down 5 levels at a relaxed "jogging" pace for 30 seconds. I do 13-18 intervals with a five minute cool-down. By then... you practically have to peel me off my seat.