ECY max safe dosages?

mikinTx

Hey brothas, anyone know what the upper end of Ephedrine safety scale might be? I'm at 25mg E hcl, 200 mg C, 10 mg Y hcl at 3 x daily. Definitely seeing my bf going down (measuring via calipers) but part of that is due to finishing a run of P90X classic. Would like to get a bit leaner before starting a clean bulk. Am I already close to the top end safety-wise or do I have some room to bump up the E? No sleeplessnes, no jitters, have to remind myself to eat, not as high a body temp as I had 1.5 wks ago when I started. Advice?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
There is no such thing as a maximal safe dose... Everyone is different.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Eh I think you'll find general "bro-telligence guidelines" of no more than 100mg ephedrine and 800mg of caffeine per day. You might be able to go higher, but I think these are the general ideas around here. Most do 75mg and 600mg per day of each respectively.

Personally, I wouldn't go much higher with the Y and the E together. Are you measuring your BP at all?

mikinTx

Thanks Enigma, that's helpful. Yeah, keeping an eye on the BP but not seeing an increase right now (but will continue to monitor).

faaipdeoiad

faaipdeoiad

Awards
im gonna agree that i think its relative.

i started off being very safe with it but after about a week i stopped noticing any changes (though i was taking plenty of other stims before starting ecy) right now im at 4 doses/day of 25e,200c,10y. not noticing all that much but im a bit scared to push it higher. i tried 37.7 mg e at a time and my heart went crazy so i wont raise it to that again.

i say if ur completely comfortable at the dose ur at u may be able to try adding in another, but do it slowly in half doses or so to gauge the effects. if ur still progressing then its probably not necessary.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
im gonna agree that i think its relative.

i started off being very safe with it but after about a week i stopped noticing any changes (though i was taking plenty of other stims before starting ecy) right now im at 4 doses/day of 25e,200c,10y. not noticing all that much but im a bit scared to push it higher. i tried 37.7 mg e at a time and my heart went crazy so i wont raise it to that again.

i say if ur completely comfortable at the dose ur at u may be able to try adding in another, but do it slowly in half doses or so to gauge the effects. if ur still progressing then its probably not necessary.
What do you mean by "i stopped noticing any changes"?

Your body adapts very quickly to ECA's effects...after 2 weeks of consistent usage, you probably won't feel anything in the way of stimulation...but it is still working to burn fat.

UKStrength

What do you mean by "i stopped noticing any changes"?

Your body adapts very quickly to ECA's effects...after 2 weeks of consistent usage, you probably won't feel anything in the way of stimulation...but it is still working to burn fat.
In which case how high should one realistically go before the dangers outweigh the additional fat oxidation benefits?

mikinTx

>right now im at 4 doses/day of 25e,200c,10y. not noticing all that much

faa, what's your cycle at 4 doses/day? I read on another thread 2 wks on/2 wks off or 4 wks on/4 wks off (if I remember correctly). Do you cycle or just run for an extended period?

Thoughts on this Enigma?

faaipdeoiad

faaipdeoiad

Awards
>right now im at 4 doses/day of 25e,200c,10y. not noticing all that much

faa, what's your cycle at 4 doses/day? I read on another thread 2 wks on/2 wks off or 4 wks on/4 wks off (if I remember correctly). Do you cycle or just run for an extended period?

Thoughts on this Enigma?
im gonna run it for 4 weeks straight and then cycle off for a while.

btw by not noticing changes i meant after a couple of days i felt no different from not being on it. i have no appetitie suppression and all i really notice is a bit more energy and a mild sense of well being. never really noticed any fatburning effects from it to be honest. im thinking i just cant tell yet which is why im running for a full 4 weeks before stopping. ive been thinking about upping the dose but im not really comfortable doing so. maybe il try 5 doses a day with a smaller dose and see how i feel. not quite sure yet though

mikinTx

Any issues with sleep after that 4th dose? My last is mid-afternoon, not sure if an evening dose would bother me or not (may give it go this weekend just to see).

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Not sure how high I would go with this stuff. I can't give you any science behind why 100e/800caff, etc, is the "upper limit"...at least right now (too busy). I know beyond 600 or 800mg of caffeine you start getting detrimental effects, like jacking up cortisol (I think this is right, its been a long time since I've researched it).

Personally, I use E/C only and I do half doses for appetite suppression only. I also find that if I ramp up my dosing I don't desensitize to the effects that fast. For me, appetite is the ENTIRE battle...if I can keep myself from eating, I don't have an issue burning off the fat.

I don't know which length of cycle would be better for you. Try 2 weeks straight, and if you start getting desensitized to the effects and want to cycle off, go off it for a week (2 off might be overkill). Or, alternately, do 5 on 2 off...plan the 2 "off" days around your cheat days/refeeds.

If you are starting to get desensitized, try taking benadryl at night for a week...again, its "bro-telligence", but apparently it works to stimulate Beta receptor repopulation. This idea stems from published studies on ketotifen, an antihistamine, having that affect in lung tissue (repopulating beta2 receptors for asthma users who chronically use albuterol inhalers). The MOA of ketotifen in this regard seems to be completely dependent on it's blocking the histamine receptor...BUT...ketotifen and benadryl (diphenhydramine) are different substances, and might work differently on the histamine receptor...different binding properties, different effects, etc...look at how close testosterone and methyl-1-testosterone are chemically and you'll see what I mean. In addition, I haven't seen any research showing that anti-Hs repopulate B1/B3 receptors in the rest of the body...which is what we want for fat loss, not just B2. So take this bit of advice with a grain of salt.

mikinTx

Cool, thanks Enigma.. like the idea of 5 on/2 off. I've used that for a long time with my general health supps. May give the benadryl a shot if the stack seems to lose effectiveness.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry but are you really 51? I wouldn't run any stims if I was in my 50's....and for the max safe dosage, once you determine your tolerance...you'll know

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
LOL, yeah I'm really 51.. thanks for the input.
then just be safe man...everybody is different, I dont mean everybody has in the whole person, I mean it has in their body

mikinTx

It's cool Kg, my mis-spent youth provided a good baseline assessment of my tolerance for chemical manipulation. I reassess on a continuous basis to ensure that I don't stoke-out or my heart doesn't explode during DLs/squats/cardio. Thanks for the concern bro.