2500 calorie keto diet anyone?

  1. New Member
    fitnessgoal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    78
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    60.98%

    2500 calorie keto diet anyone?


    Hey there i was wondering if anyone was doing a keto diet with their calories around 2500 calories and if i could get an idea of your meal plan. It would be great help for me to get started. Thanks!

  2. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    i used to do it with 3000 kcals (my maintenece) as well as add in 50g carbs on workout days with pslin.

    worked well.

    meal plans are really simple when you figure out your macros.
  3. New Member
    fitnessgoal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    78
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    60.98%

    my macros are 5carbs, 40 protien, 35 fat per meal. How many times did you workout a week? And what is pslin and what does it do?
    •   
       

  4. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessgoal View Post
    my macros are 5carbs, 40 protien, 35 fat per meal. How many times did you workout a week? And what is pslin and what does it do?
    pslin is essentially a glucose regulater, but i used carbs on my keto and pslin helped me control blood sugar enough to get back into ketosis as fast as possible.

    4x a week i trained, however this go around will be 5 days a week.

    your macros are pretty similar to mine, i do 50g protein and 30g fat per meal and have about 7 meals.
  5. New Member
    fitnessgoal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    78
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    60.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    pslin is essentially a glucose regulater, but i used carbs on my keto and pslin helped me control blood sugar enough to get back into ketosis as fast as possible.

    4x a week i trained, however this go around will be 5 days a week.

    your macros are pretty similar to mine, i do 50g protein and 30g fat per meal and have about 7 meals.
    What do you eat? Liuke clean protien and healthy fat all the time or do you eat cheese, cream and that stuff?
  6. New Member
    Wilderbeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  219.0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    487
    Rep Power
    363
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    53.17%

    My keto diet (palumbo diet) is right around 2500 cal a day.

    Meal 1: 5 whole omega 3 eggs, 4 reg egg whites
    Meal 2: 54g whey isolate, 1.5 tbsp all nat pb
    Meal 3: 7 oz (cooked) chicken, turkey, or white fish, 1/3 cup raw almonds or 1.5 tbsp all nat. pb
    Meal 4: 54g whey isolate, 1.5 tbsp all nat. pb
    Meal 5: 8 oz (cooked) fatty meat red meat, salmon, pork, etc, small salad with 1 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp vinegar
    Meal 6: 54g whey isolate, 1.5 tbsp all nat. pb OR 4 whole omega 3 eggs

    This is the diet I follow for cutting, if you want exact macros check my diet tracker for all the info.

    BEAST
  7. New Member
    rrm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    91.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderbeast View Post
    My keto diet (palumbo diet) is right around 2500 cal a day.

    Meal 1: 5 whole omega 3 eggs, 4 reg egg whites
    Meal 2: 54g whey isolate, 1.5 tbsp all nat pb
    Meal 3: 7 oz (cooked) chicken, turkey, or white fish, 1/3 cup raw almonds or 1.5 tbsp all nat. pb
    Meal 4: 54g whey isolate, 1.5 tbsp all nat. pb
    Meal 5: 8 oz (cooked) fatty meat red meat, salmon, pork, etc, small salad with 1 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp vinegar
    Meal 6: 54g whey isolate, 1.5 tbsp all nat. pb OR 4 whole omega 3 eggs

    This is the diet I follow for cutting, if you want exact macros check my diet tracker for all the info.

    BEAST
    Im just wondering if u check on your status for ketosis?
  8. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderbeast View Post
    My keto diet (palumbo diet) is right around 2500 cal a day.

    Meal 1: 5 whole omega 3 eggs, 4 reg egg whites
    Meal 2: 54g whey isolate, 1.5 tbsp all nat pb
    Meal 3: 7 oz (cooked) chicken, turkey, or white fish, 1/3 cup raw almonds or 1.5 tbsp all nat. pb
    Meal 4: 54g whey isolate, 1.5 tbsp all nat. pb
    Meal 5: 8 oz (cooked) fatty meat red meat, salmon, pork, etc, small salad with 1 tbsp olive oil 1 tbsp vinegar
    Meal 6: 54g whey isolate, 1.5 tbsp all nat. pb OR 4 whole omega 3 eggs

    This is the diet I follow for cutting, if you want exact macros check my diet tracker for all the info.

    BEAST
    i use this diet with more fat, i dont eat fish, and i take in some carbs with GDAs
  9. Senior Member
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    988
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rrm View Post
    Im just wondering if u check on your status for ketosis?
    I find that Keto-Stix aren't really necessary. I can smell it, distinctly, in my, ummm,.."evacuations" of both the solid and liquid varieties.
  10. New Member
    rrm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    91.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    I find that Keto-Stix aren't really necessary. I can smell it, distinctly, in my, ummm,.."evacuations" of both the solid and liquid varieties.
    lol well that is one way to do it. I also hear that sometimes there not accurate at all either so maybe smell is a better way.
  11. New Member
    Wilderbeast's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  219.0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    487
    Rep Power
    363
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    53.17%

    Actually keto stix may not register ketones or put you in a "light" state of ketosis when you are really deeply in ketosis BECAUSE if you are burning ketones for energy, the only ketones excreted in urine will be ones not burned off. So this makes it possible for an active bodybuilder in a deep state of ketosis to even register as out of ketosis according to keto stix. Benchmark is if you are under 35 NET carbs (CHO - fiber)... then you're in ketosis. Some can get away with more carbs, but this will gaurantee it for you.

    BEAST
  12. Senior Member
    Bionic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  227 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,685
    Rep Power
    988
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    70.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderbeast View Post
    Actually keto stix may not register ketones or put you in a "light" state of ketosis when you are really deeply in ketosis BECAUSE if you are burning ketones for energy, the only ketones excreted in urine will be ones not burned off. So this makes it possible for an active bodybuilder in a deep state of ketosis to even register as out of ketosis according to keto stix. Benchmark is if you are under 35 NET carbs (CHO - fiber)... then you're in ketosis. Some can get away with more carbs, but this will gaurantee it for you.

    BEAST
    Exactly. If you're doing everything correctly, you won't need Keto-Stix for validation. It will be evident in other ways.
  13. Banned
    p00ndawg's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    539
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    80.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderbeast View Post
    Actually keto stix may not register ketones or put you in a "light" state of ketosis when you are really deeply in ketosis BECAUSE if you are burning ketones for energy, the only ketones excreted in urine will be ones not burned off. So this makes it possible for an active bodybuilder in a deep state of ketosis to even register as out of ketosis according to keto stix. Benchmark is if you are under 35 NET carbs (CHO - fiber)... then you're in ketosis. Some can get away with more carbs, but this will gaurantee it for you.

    BEAST
    explain to me your smells?

    i can usually tell cuz my backdoor entryway never gets cleaned even with the use of a full roll of tp.

    lulz
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. diet & calorie count help.
    By manosduras in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 03:47 AM
  2. 4500 Calorie Diet for First Cycle
    By enoc09 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 03:44 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 03:47 PM
  4. Anabolic diet/keto a good diet for me?
    By johnyq in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 12:31 PM
  5. Study - Low Calorie Diet Keeps Heart Young
    By Pax in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2006, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in