Fasting!

Obsidi8n

Obsidi8n

Awards
Ive finally come to the conclusion that the reason I'm so bloated and shitty feeling constantly, headaches, bad concentration etc..

I need to detox my system!

I've eaten fast food my whole life, I've hardly touched healthy food ever. I have had the most horrible diet in the world and It finally caught up to me. I'm not fat or anything.. I'd probably look badass if i dropped about 20 pounds.. Just not awesome.. so!

I'm going to keep a log of my seven day "water" fast and tell you guys how damn hungry I am. I'm going to take a multi-vitamin and a fish oil in the morning and some sleep supplements at night, but other than that..

Nothing but WATER! =)

(I'm not worried about losing muscle, It took about two months to build decent tri's.. I'm just ready to get this gut gone and finally get me a damn six pack!!!) I realize I'll have to stop drinking and smoking =( This is a personal thing.

Tomorrow will be my first day and next tuesday will be my last day.

STAY TUNED FOR THE YOUTUBE VIDEO XD

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Umm, have you done any research on this? A 7 day water fast is really tough on the body, especially if you are unaccustomed to fasting and currently have a crappy diet.

And you won't have a six-pack at the end of the week if you're twenty pounds overweight.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Fasting perhaps 1-2 out of the month is not too bad and I find it kind of refreshing. 7 Days? Not a fan of the concept but there are many who swear by it.

Obsidi8n

Obsidi8n

Awards
Maybe I was very misleading.. I'm currently not overweight

I am 5'10 and hovering around 179 - 180 with a BMI of around 25 (which is by definition overweight).. however it doesn't really take in muscle mass. I have a very decent diet actually now, I'm a pretty healthy guy, I can sustain any amount of exercise and play various sports every day. I have pretty cut arms and legs, but my chest and abdominal areas aren't what I want..

The comment about dropping 20 lbs to look badass was just that.. if I dropped twenty pounds, I would look badass.

This is just a personal thing to see if this detox bullshit isn't just... well, detox bullshit

rrm

Awards
more harm than good. Just go on an easier detox for 2 or 3 weeks. Much healthier!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
May as well make it 40 days and walk around the desert. The whole package, you know?

Obsidi8n

Obsidi8n

Awards
I think I'm gonna start out slow this time.. and if it goes well who knows?
haha =)
i'll see how this goes and this will be proof that this can be good or bad.. If it's bad, you'll always have a source to use

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you're trying to detox, fasting won't do it. One of the best detox diet's I've done was brown rice and fish and a lot of water, along with a 2 weeks detox kit. You need fiber, and a super clean source of protein helps, like some good quality fish. jmho

snyper2k2

Awards
Guys just let him do it. Lets all see what happens. He will create another reason why NOT TO DO IT. But anyways. You go! Do it and let us know how it goes.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would load up on some detox stuff. Make it legit. Do an enema while you're at it.

I'm serious by the way.

CoachG

CoachG

Awards
enema? child's play!

What you need is a couple of colonics. Get about 7lbs of organic, unflavored, active-culture yogurt....

Oh yeah, you should also do this thing where you soak about 20 feet of linen cloth in salt water and then slowly swallow it (hang onto the end, of course). Then slowly bring it back up.

I mean, only if you're SERIOUS about cleaning out your system.

Korben

Korben

Awards
If you're trying to detox, fasting won't do it. One of the best detox diet's I've done was brown rice and fish and a lot of water, along with a 2 weeks detox kit. You need fiber, and a super clean source of protein helps, like some good quality fish. jmho
I completely agree with this. A seven day fast.. well it worked for Ghandi. I think a detox diet is a great idea. Wish I had that kinda will power. If you are in decent shape why such a long fast... Serious SEs could arise but it is your body. I am sure your body would become catabolic to some degree.. you would lose fat from your stores, but you WOULD lose protein, because your body has to have to have it to function. You may drop your 20 lbs goal but a large portion will be lean muscle mass :worried:.Also, I highly doubt it would happen but there is a chance you could develop EFAD (Essential Fatty Acid Deficiency) This just kinda for lack of a better word, terrifying hallucinations and even suicidal behavior have been reported. Sorry can't put my finger on that article currently I think it was either in JAMA or the New England Journal (aka the big boys). Again having said that I am sure you can listen to your body and adjust accordingly. But Gutterpump is right on target and as far as enemas go Fleet enemas are temporarily of the market (probably will never return) because of several acute kidney injury (failure) have been reported. Good luck on your attempt though.

My 2 Cents.

snyper2k2

Awards
Why not fast on 3 protein shakes a day? Wouldnt that be a better approach?

UKStrength

I've never really seen the point of a detoxifying fast, surely the removal of toxins from the body is what your liver is designed to do?

Couldn't the OP just address the inconsistencies in his diet and scrap this idea entirely?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly doing an alternating day fasting, or a ramadan style intermittent fasting would be less painful. still painful. but less so (and less muscle loss)