Diet on saturday of ultimate diet2.0

snyper2k2

Awards
Can someone clearify what and how much I should eat on the saturday day of the UD2.0?

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
Are you doing the Thurs PM carb load? If so, get at least one meal in pre-WO, moderate CHO and PRO ~2-3 hours before the workout. The rest of the day should be roughly maintenance calorie levels.

snyper2k2

Awards
Yeah I'm doing thursday pm and all day friday

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
It is pretty well spelled out in chapter 12. BTW, what % BF are you presently at?

snyper2k2

Awards
Im at about 24-27. im still debating if I should start this diet... My maintnence is 3500Cal according to UD2.0. on my low carb sdays I would need to bring it down to 1700. I have done that before while lifting but that wasnt working out. I thought I might try this diet to see if I would get results.

Do you guys reccomend this for me? Or would I benefit from some other form of dieting. I am pretty much on point with my eating right now, and im not at 260lb anymore. i am probably between 245 and 250 right now.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
My advice would be that you don't do UD2.0 - yet. Lyle wrote this diet for people who are already in the "average" BF range of 12-15% (18-22% for women), but looking to go lower and hopefully "recomp" along the way. (Meaning lowering BF while possibly adding LBM.) As Lyle states in the first chapter of his book,

"Most diets or diet books are aimed at the folks who are trying to get somewhere in the realm of average. There are tons to choose from out there. Any discovery or piece of research that might affect these folks can be turned into a quick fix diet book."

"For obese folks just trying to lose weight, pretty much any non-retarted diet will work."

For the most part, diet is about calories in vs. calories out (regardless of what Taubes says.) If you get adequate amounts of protein and Essential Fatty Acids, you should be able to control the remainder through judicious management of other fats and carbs and thus total daily caloric intake.

When you get down to ~13% BF and below, UD2.0 is an excellent approach.

snyper2k2

Awards
What do you reccomend as a diet for me. I dont really care if I lose muscle at this point. I just want to lose about 20lbs more. My muscle seems to come pretty fast and easily anyways.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
1. Over what time period are you desiring to lose 20 Lbs?
2. What is your maintenance daily calorie requirement?

snyper2k2

Awards
I would like to lose them maybe in 2+ months. But as always the faster the better and its ok if I lose muscle too. My maintenence is 3500 according to the UD2.0.

I been under maintnance for a while. I used to be at 2000 and I was seeing some fat loss, then I stepped it up because I got advice that 2000 was too low. I was probably doing 2500-3000, and it slowed down dramatically.

What is the reason that ud2.0 or a keto diet wouldnt be ideal for me or anyone of my size?

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
I would like to lose them maybe in 2+ months. But as always the faster the better and its ok if I lose muscle too. My maintenence is 3500 according to the UD2.0.?
Let's do the math.

1 lbs of body fat equals 3,500 calories.
20 lbs of body fat equals 70,000 calories (20 * 3,500).
70,000 calories / 2 months (60 days) equals 1,167 calories per day.

1,167 calories per day is the deficit from maintenance that you require to achieve your goal. That is actually a pretty significant reduction from maintenance.

Notes:
1. Weight loss is generally non-linear. Rather, you will hit plateaus along the way. Seems to be a stair-step along the way, often stalling as you reach lower levels of BF.
2. No consideration is made for additional caloric deficit from exercise.

Also, you may want to rethink the "I don't care if I lose muscle" thing. The lower you get in BF, the harder it generally becomes to add it back on without additionally adding BF back on.

What is the reason that ud2.0 or a keto diet wouldnt be ideal for me or anyone of my size?
Because you should be able to get where you need to go without having to go as drastic as a UD2.0. You should be able to get there through energy balance/caloric deficit alone. Also, UD2.0 is a recomp plan, you are looking only to lose weight. (Although, I'd still focus on BF rather than BF+LBM.)

Generally, the lower the BF, the more difficult it becomes to lose BF without losing LBM. That's why UD2.0 is targeted to ~sub-13% BF.

Keto may work. I'll let someone with more experience take that one.

snyper2k2

Awards
right. i think im just gonna stick to keto. i started monday. and im gonna do a recarb friday night after a regular workkout through sat