- 04-28-2009, 10:21 PM
- 04-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Virtually all bodybuilders are overweight when going by BMI."I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
04-28-2009, 10:47 PM
thanks bro i been cuting.
the hand held body fat moniter says 12.5 bf and 27.7 Bmi
and i know there alwayz off a lil..
But can any1 realy trust those or jus go by the mirror
04-29-2009, 09:09 AM
BMI is a joke for bodybuilders and athletes. According to BMI I am obese...but right now I am sitting below 10% BF. When I had my physical last year my general Dr. made an arse out of himself. After everything was said and done he had the nerve to look me in the eye and tell me I was obese and needed to lose some weight to keep in optimum health. I just smiled and said "not a chance in hell". He just said "yeah, I figured you would say that".
If you have a decent amount of muscle go by BF measurements. Calipers or submersion are the best methods for getting an accurate measurement.
04-29-2009, 09:19 AM
like drive said....BMI does not work for athletic types. i'm 6'1"....195. when my GF's kids got me to register on the WII workout game it said i was overweight.....they looked at me funny. BF % is what you should use
Similar Forum Threads
- By animalkrack3r in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-19-2012, 05:34 PM
- By doolee in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
- By burywhite in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-30-2010, 02:08 PM
- By schwellington in forum AnabolicsReplies: 10Last Post: 10-01-2010, 02:23 PM
- By Chico222 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 10Last Post: 06-19-2010, 12:28 AM