Getting ready for the beach!
- 04-28-2009, 03:14 AM
Getting ready for the beach!
So I'm going to this beach event in a few weeks, and needless to say, there will be plenty of hot babes around. It will be the perfect time to show off all of my hard work. As of last week, I have started to cut my carbs off. Instead of bread/rice/pasta, I eat only veggies and fruits, and sometimes beans. My questions for you guys are:
1) If I eat lots of carbs or drink alcohol the night before or the morning of this event (which is likely) is this not going to affect my overall look, will it make me appear fatter, or will it make me look me more muscular? I have no experience with this.
2) What is a good way to ease back into my normal carb routine for a recomp/lean bulk without putting on the sudden weight that usually comes when you return to eating plenty of carbs?
- 04-28-2009, 03:49 AM
A great article from T-nation looked at getting really lean by manipulating diuresis/carbohydrates prior to beach trips/photo shoots, it might be worth checking out:
Keep up your cardio and training routine and preferentially add them post-workout to take advantage of your enhanced insulin sensitivity at this time.
Then just continue to add them to the other meals of the day (starting with breakfast) as your weight gain plateaus.
You could also look into using insulin sensitivity-enhancing supplements such as: p-slin and anabolic pump, or even just good old creatine monohydrate (if you're not using it currently).
Bulking after a long cut is the best time to make some nice lean gains with anabolics as well, if you're going on-cycle there's a superb section on 'priming' contained in this 'burst cycle' thread before you cycle right here:
Burst cycliing (cheers datBtrue)
- 04-28-2009, 03:59 AM
^^ This and Tnation has some nuggets of gold on there if you can see past the biotest pushing.
04-28-2009, 04:04 AM
I used to post on T-nation but it's full of self-righteous pricks who think that their 'hypertrophy-optimised-build-muscle-quicker-than-the-eyes-can-see' program is better than the next guy, it used to drive me mad.
However, some of the authors are absolute stars when it comes to training, diet and supplementation so I'll happily reference them.
Biotest pimping does infuriate after a while though...
04-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Great article and info., UKStrength. I will definitely try those techniques next week and I'll let you know how they worked.
Similar Forum Threads
- By android04 in forum Weight LossReplies: 9Last Post: 04-13-2010, 12:54 PM
- By chainsaw in forum General ChatReplies: 1Last Post: 02-06-2009, 01:06 PM
- By classic27 in forum Weight LossReplies: 9Last Post: 05-23-2008, 01:39 PM
- By kwyckemynd00 in forum General ChatReplies: 11Last Post: 07-11-2006, 10:53 PM
- By fieyaa in forum General ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 08-23-2004, 04:07 PM