quick calorie question

HPatel650

HPatel650

Awards
so im trying to cut down and I measured as of now I intake roughly 2200 calories. I know i need to drop to about 1800-1900 but my question is, I hit the gym 5 times a week doing both weights and about 25mins of moderate cardio after each weight training session, so wouldnt the calories I burn up during my training equal the amount I would have to cut off my diet? therefore I wouldnt need to trim my intake or would I be wrong?

thanks in advance

UKStrength

The first question to ask is...is your weight relatively stable? When was the last time you measured it and your bodyfat percentage?

If you're not losing weight right now on the program you're doing then you need to expend more energy/drop calories.

I'd personally expend more energy over dropping calories any further, you're already perilously low. Try 45 mins of low-intensity cardio after your weights sessions and see if that helps with further fat loss.

Body measurements are more important overall in terms of fat loss but the scale is a good guide if you use it regularly.

HPatel650

HPatel650

Awards
i checked last week and i was 170, i stay around 165-170 so ill check tomrrow and see where im at currently.

zwimox

zwimox

Awards
Strictly speaking, it depends on what you really want. More calories=mass, less=lean.

I'm guessing that you want to bulk up?

UKStrength

Strictly speaking, it depends on what you really want. More calories=mass, less=lean.

I'm guessing that you want to bulk up?
I believe the OP said he wants to cut ;)

i checked last week and i was 170, i stay around 165-170 so ill check tomrrow and see where im at currently.
Cheers mate, consistency is the key when tracking changes. Although fluctuating between 165 and 170 seems quite a bit, make sure you're taking it at the same time everyday after defecating.

zwimox

zwimox

Awards
Cheers mate, consistency is the key when tracking changes. Although fluctuating between 165 and 170 seems quite a bit, make sure you're taking it at the same time everyday after defecating.
Big call out, you can typically excrete around ~7 lbs. easily. You'll might also see a remarkable drop after you wake up in the morning, if you are like me and seem to thrash up a sweat at night.

UKStrength

Big call out, you can typically excrete around ~7 lbs. easily. You'll might also see a remarkable drop after you wake up in the morning, if you are like me and seem to thrash up a sweat at night.
I agree mate, on a daily basis, but not on a weekly basis. There's something awry there if you're fluctuating 7lbs at a weekly weigh-in (unless it's the very initial stages of weight loss).