RD - Cutting Log

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Doing a cut and figured I would log it for reference. I am not into doing overly-detailed and ridiculous logs (unless, of course, I did a sponsored supplement and that's what a company wanted).

As a result, I keep things pretty simply because I don't like reading through tons of crap in other people's logs, so I don't put anyone else through it. So, here we go..

Nutrition
- Anabolic Diet Inspired
- High Fat/Med Protein/Very Low Carb on MTWThF and Sa AM
- Med Protein/Med Fat/High Carb on Sa PM and S
- Roughly 1450-1550 calories each day 50f/45p/5c
- Tons of Water

Training
- Su/M/Th or F - Weights (Pull on 1, Push on 2, whatever I feel like on 3)
- T - Spring Intervals
- W/Th/F/S - Steady-State Cardio

Supplements
- TTA (250 mg) + Salvia Miltiorrhiza (250 mg) -- 2-3 times a day
- Controlled Labs REDuction -- AM dose and PM dose
- NO-Xplode PWO (got it for free so shut up)
- Scivation Whey PostWO
- Fish Oil (here and there)
- Napalm (beginning 4/28) -- 1-2 times a day

Notes
* I know 1500 calories is low, but it's what works for me.
* I started this 2 weeks ago (early April) -- waited to log it just to make sure I was sticking with it.
* I weigh myself on Monday AM -- full of glycogen and water at that point.
* I use the mirror and the scale to judge my progress.
* I will update this occasionally from now on (4/27)

Beginning of Week 1 (4/13): 202
Beginning of Week 2 (4/20): 199.5 (-2.5)
Beginning of Week 3 (4/27): 196.5 (-5.5)
Beginning of Week 4 (5/03): 193.5 (-9)

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established

Training: Squats 4x6; Leg Ext 2x15; DB Bench 4x10; Flyes 2x15; Dips 3x10; OH Tricep Extensions 3x12; 30 min deck hockey

feel pretty good -- still full of carbs, but satisfy sweet cravings (at night) with sugar free Jello.

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sugar free jello = craving saver!

Keep at it! good luck

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established

- Some terrific eggs & cheese covered in red hot for breakfast
- Thinking of including coffee in my diet since the only caffeine I get is from my AM REDuction
* Note: Got Salvia burps (rare for me) and almost threw up earlier
- Lean burger and steak + some broccoli for the rest of the day

- 3.5 miles in 30 min moderate cardio on nature trail (essentially quick jogging)
- BCAA's and a couple White Flood tablets beforehand (out of a sample pack)
*Note: Plain BCAA's taste like bitter butt.

- Feeling good -- cardio is getting easier and no carb-cravings
- Rained like a bitch here today so I only got in about 15 minutes of shooting drills
- Muscles nice and sore from heavy squats and presses yesterday

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Subscribed....your weight loss looks very consistent so far and the last time I did a similar diet I had great success....good luck!

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established

This is a day late cause I forgot to post it yesterday; today's will up later on.

- Standard diet -- meats, cheeses, eggs, and a little fish throughout the day
- Steak for dinner & some whip-cream for dessert
* Note: Had some Brie cheese and actually loved it (didn't think I would)

- 4 miles; 35 min moderate cardio on nature trail (fasted)
- BCAAs before and after; Crystal Light helps me out here
- 30 min shooting drills later on in the day
- Got a free sample of Arson (lulz) so I tried that out and didn't notice anything
* Note: Legs are sore as **** -- I'll be moving squats to my Su training session

mrSlate

Awards
How do you sweeten your whipped cream? I was using the splenda baking but notice the maltodextrin in and thought that would be counterproductive. Subbed here need all the knowledge I can get.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
How do you sweeten your whipped cream? I was using the splenda baking but notice the maltodextrin in and thought that would be counterproductive. Subbed here need all the knowledge I can get.
Thanks for subbing! Well, we have some local brand whipped cream that's actually already sweetened (I'll look up the name of the sweetener they include tonight). The total amount of carbohydrate in a serving is < 1 and it's pretty sweet. Each serving is 15 calories and there is 1.5 grams of fat (13.5 fat calories) which leaves about .35 of a gram of carbohydrate per serving, which works fine for me (I just shoot for under 30 grams total a day, but usually only get about 20g).

Also, are you saying there is maltodextrin in the Splenda powder? or just the baking stuff that you have? I gotta watch out for that **** then since I'm a Splenda fan.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established

- AM cardio today -- 3.5 miles in 30 minutes
- BCAAs before and after (~6g before and 6g after)
- 30 min shooting drills.
*Note: Run with my eyes closed when I get tired -- so close to running into a deer jumping across the trail.
- Thought about lifting today but didn't have the energy to do it.

- Beef Roast, sausages, broccoli, cheeses, salad, turkey breast, and whipped cream sums up my day pretty well.
- Got some carb-cravings today but didn't cave thank god.

mrSlate

Awards
Not sure about all the splenda products but I bought the granulated thats cup for cup sugar replacment for baking. The main ingredients are maltodextrin and sucralose. I have heard of some new stevia products that are pretty good as far as flavor goes. I am going to look for some of those.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
One thing I used for sweet cravings other than sugar free jello was crystal light candies. Taste great and give you the fix.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Not sure about all the splenda products but I bought the granulated thats cup for cup sugar replacment for baking. The main ingredients are maltodextrin and sucralose. I have heard of some new stevia products that are pretty good as far as flavor goes. I am going to look for some of those.
oh I got ya; I actually found a box of stevia packets today and it tastes great -- probably use that as a sweetener whenever I need it from now on.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
One thing I used for sweet cravings other than sugar free jello was crystal light candies. Taste great and give you the fix.
**** I forgot all about those! -- those do taste great; I'll grab a bag next time I go to the store, thanks for reminding me.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established

- Let's see; AM cardio again (yay) -- 3 miles in 30 minutes (way hotter than normal here today + fasted + 5th low-carb day = pain).
- Hadn't eaten for almost 11 hours when I did my cardio (I know, but it just worked out that way) so I dosed BCAAs a little higher -- 10g before and 5g after).
- 30 min shooting drills.
- Lifted back and bis roughly 7 hours after cardio and tore it the **** up.
*Note: Bought Haulin' Hooks the other day and, I'm not gonna lie, I can pull more now without doubt and rocked my back -- a good investment :veryhappy:

- And the diet -- coffee in the AM sweetened with Stevia
* Note: Stevia is the ****
- Foods include Ribs, burger twice (80/20), brie, broccoli, whey post-WO, and whipped cream.
* Note: Not very hungry today? and no strong carb-cravings? I think it might have to do with the coffee and the weight session..

UKStrength

Nice log mate, I like the truncated style, makes it pretty easy to read.

Can't believe you're existing on 1500kcal...I would be eating the wallpaper by now!

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established

- Refeed today which I was surprisingly unenthusiastic about.
*Note: Weighed in at 189.5 pre-carb load.
*Note: You want carbs the most when you can't have them and vice versa.
- Some pizza, bagel, breads, pasta, cereals, couple sweets, whey, turkey, and various other dishes made up my day.

- Trained chest and shoulders; Decline BB Press, then several sets to failure on weighted push-ups on the power tower bars. Standing Military BB Press; Front Raises (actually almost across my chest); Rear Delt Raises.
- 50g Dex, 35g whey postWO.
- No extended cardio today which was nice because my hams are a bit sore, but did drills for about 30 min.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Nice log mate, I like the truncated style, makes it pretty easy to read.

Can't believe you're existing on 1500kcal...I would be eating the wallpaper by now!
Thanks for following along! I know it sounds weird -- sometimes I spill over to about 1600, but I've always been able to cut best at those low calorie levels; not sure why (maybe my metabolism is slower than normal).

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established

- Today was kind of a hybrid as I switched back into low-carb mode.
*Note: Weighed in at 193.5 post-carb load -- 4 pound swing in glycogen as I am constantly hydrated

- Had grain cereal when I woke up, an english muffin + whey a few hours later, and dextrose + whey post-workout. After that, I had a ****ing terrific steak for dinner, and a piece of sausage and cheese a few hours later.
*Note: Since I'm not on a deadline or anything, I included carbs around this session for the anabolic impact and am not too worried about it affecting my fat burning for the rest of the week.

- Trained arms today (I have done an arms day in months); overhead triceps extension SS w/ hammer curls; dips SS w/ BB curls; skulls SS w/ 1-arm preacher curls.
- 50g dex; 35g whey post-workout.
- 40 minutes shooting drills today.
*Note: No extended cardio today -- sessions resuming tomorrow (yay).

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established

- started my summer job today which takes up a ton of my time
- small amount of bacon, sausage, cheese, lean burger, and turkey today
*Note: reports are becoming kind of redundant as there can only be so much variation day-to-day

- 30 min fasted cardio
- trained back; pulldowns, neutral-grip pull-ups, australian pull-ups

*Note: super-tired today
- I have to get up at 5:30 and began transitioning into that sleeping pattern (rough)
- cheese, turkey, lean burger, popcorn, and a few hot dogs today
- No training or cardio today (worked 11 hours and was just too tired)

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hadnt dropped in for awhile.....lookin good man. Your discipline makes me jealous!

mrSlate

Awards
Logs coming along nicely.
Meant to ask whats your goal weight/bf% as opposed to where your at now?

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
5.5.09 - Current

- After almost 4 weeks and roughly 9 pounds of fat, I'm transitioning into a moderate-carb diet in order to reintroduce carbs back into my life.
- Diet will shift from 50f/45p/5c to the more traditional 20f/40p/40c.
*Note: Fruits, whole grains, and lean(er) cuts of meat will be my primary food choices.
- Training will focus more on weights as opposed to cardio, but I'll still include it intermittently throughout the week.

- I'll still update this log occasionally; maybe even frequently -- although the emphasis has shifted away from an all out-cut and more towards recomp/very lean mass gain temporarily.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Hadnt dropped in for awhile.....lookin good man. Your discipline makes me jealous!
I appreciate it -- it's really hard sometimes, but that's why I never cut for very long. It always ends up with me wrecking my metabolism and putting fat back on if I stay on low-carb too long.

Logs coming along nicely.
Meant to ask whats your goal weight/bf% as opposed to where your at now?
Thanks -- I wasn't aiming for a specific % or weight so much as I was just aiming to cut for 4 weeks. That being the case, I ended up losing roughly 9 pounds of fat and am happy with that!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rascal14 Workout Logs 521
BMW4Life Workout Logs 5
MFTrainz Weight Loss 52
Cycle Logs 26
Anabolics 167