Getting ready to cut

cedrone50

Awards
Hi im 5'9 220 lbs and ive been working out for about a year now. I was originally bulking up for football but, can't play because i need to pay for my car and insurance so i got a job. Anyway i used to lift 3 times a week and do light cadio 3 times a week. I did lose 10 lbs during alll this and some inches and gained some good muscle. But now i want to loose at least 40 lbs just to have a healthier looking body. So i was thinking of cutting for about a month or two, doing cardio 6 times a week and just cardio, while taking a fat burner. I will do some push ups and sit ups just to keep my muscle a little active. All in all i want to know if this is a good plan and if theres any suggestions for a good fat burner that really works?

I do have a good diet so thats nothing to worry about and i plan on lifting again once i lose the weight, but i want to be cut and not bulky huge. i mean i want that six pack lol so if someone can give me some input that would be strongly appreciated

fitnessgoal

Awards
bad idea just doing the cardio dude
A good way to put it is just cardio will turn you from a big pear to a little pear (burning muscle and little fat).
Doing lighter weights with higher reps will also keep your metabolism higher for a lot longer after you leave the gym than doing cardio. In my opinion you want to do weights 70% and cardio 30% mix in your routine if you want the toned look.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd suggest lifting 3-4 days a week and doing HIIT on off days. Circuits and Supersets would be good lifting routines for your goals.

JustnCredible

Banned
Awards
Circuit training is effective for successfully cutting body fat? I used to get nagged for circuit because I was told I was 'over training.' I, however, felt and looked as though my body responded to circuit very well; I was becoming more muscular, vascular and toned.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Circuit training is effective for successfully cutting body fat? I used to get nagged for circuit because I was told I was 'over training.' I, however, felt and looked as though my body responded to circuit very well; I was becoming more muscular, vascular and toned.
Yes, Circuit training is great for fat loss. This type of training helps with getting your heart rate up while still being able to lift fairly heavy. I am attempting to recomp right now, and have very successfully lost fat and gained muscle while circuit training.

JustnCredible

Banned
Awards
Yes, Circuit training is great for fat loss. This type of training helps with getting your heart rate up while still being able to lift fairly heavy. I am attempting to recomp right now, and have very successfully lost fat and gained muscle while circuit training.
What does your routine consist of? If you don't mind me asking.

I don't know why the hell some random wannabe meathead would tell me that circuit training will stunt any progress. I know your body needs rest, but I was definitely succeeding with circuit. It showed.

cedrone50

Awards
ok so ur saying i should just do lighter weight more reps and i was now thinking of doing cardio in the morning, lifting after school, then another cardio after dinner. I would lift on monday wed and friday and do abs and forearms on tuesday and thursday. I was also wondering if i take a fat burner while doing this will the results come faster?

it would be greatly appreciated for a response

JustnCredible

Banned
Awards
ok so ur saying i should just do lighter weight more reps and i was now thinking of doing cardio in the morning, lifting after school, then another cardio after dinner. I would lift on monday wed and friday and do abs and forearms on tuesday and thursday. I was also wondering if i take a fat burner while doing this will the results come faster?

This was my supplement protocol while I was doing circuit;

Applied liquid Clen/Napalm transdermally for about 5 days, then took 2 off.
EOW, I would apply Thermo-glide, or Lipoderm-Ultra.
Took DCP/Leviathan Reloaded as directed on the bottles.

I ate relatively high protein, moderate carbs and low fats. My training would last usually about an hour, or so. I lifted heavy, sometimes to fatigue and sometimes I'd follow the 5x5, or 6x6, program. On WO days, I'd run for about 30-45 minutes before hitting the weights, but I've heard it's better to run afterwards. On non-WO days, I'd run for maybe 45 minutes in the morning, on an empty stomach.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What does your routine consist of? If you don't mind me asking.

I don't know why the hell some random wannabe meathead would tell me that circuit training will stunt any progress. I know your body needs rest, but I was definitely succeeding with circuit. It showed.
If it was a personal trainer who told you circuit training is bad, I wouldn't be surprised. Many people, even those who may be "certified", don't really know what they are talking about. Perhaps circuit training didn't work for them, but for many people circuits and supersets are great fat loss routines.

My Circuits contain 3-4 compound movements like Squats, Rows, Push Ups, Step Ups, Bench Press, Pull Ups, Chin Ups, Dips, Lunges, Deadlifts, etc. I lift 3-4 days a week and on occasion walk for 15-30 after lifting and on off days.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Cardio twice a day seems like over kill to me. Once a day is quite sufficient and I would suggest taking a day off from everything once a week- lifting and cardio.

Weight lifting Monday, Wed and Friday sounds like a good plan. You don't necessarily need to use lighter weight and more reps to get a fat burning workout. You should focus on making your workout intense- you should be sweating and your heart rate should be high, and often times using heavy weights will get the job done. Be using weights that are heavy enough to provide a great challenge.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
As for a fat loss supplement:

Fat loss supps are just like any other supplement, they are the icing on the cake. They are not ABSOLUTELY needed for you to make great strides towards your goals. They will have no impact on you if your diet and training are not right. But if your diet and training are good a fat loss supplement could help you meet your goals faster.

I have tried several- Shred Matrix, Reduction, X-Force. X-Force is honestly my favorite because of the incredible energy boosts, mood enhancement and fat loss results I have while taking it. I really like taking a couple of caps pre workout because of the stamina and endurance X-Force provides.

JustnCredible

Banned
Awards
If it was a personal trainer who told you circuit training is bad, I wouldn't be surprised. Many people, even those who may be "certified", don't really know what they are talking about. Perhaps circuit training didn't work for them, but for many people circuits and supersets are great fat loss routines.

My Circuits contain 3-4 compound movements like Squats, Rows, Push Ups, Step Ups, Bench Press, Pull Ups, Chin Ups, Dips, Lunges, Deadlifts, etc. I lift 3-4 days a week and on occasion walk for 15-30 after lifting and on off days.
Back to my circuit training when I hit the gym! :dance: