help to get into ketosis

fitnessgoal

Awards
This is my first cut because i was always very fit before but parties and trips came along this past year and i shot up to 22%bf :worried:and i really want my old body back so i decided to go keto. I was just wondering though how people get into ketosis....fasting or what? Any suggestions would be great!

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Dude... I was just wondering the same thing. wish I could help, but can't wait to hear how to do it myself!

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
drop 15% bf and keep it off. I do fasted training every day, but I've been reading more and more about keto, After the gym is the only time I do complex carbs...bout 100g. other than that the only time I eat any more than 10g of carbs is cottage cheese at night. figured when I get back from my holiday I'll drop my carb intake inhalf, and subscribe my life to keto. I was gonna ask this thread when I got back from my vacation...but you beat me to it!

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Oh and I can't lose lbm I have to keep it, and gain if possible while on keto

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you can use glycobol to help get into ketosis, and you can also use it with your 100g carbs PWO to keep you as close as possible to ketosis or enter it as fast as possible,

seems to me glycobol can really help you out!

fitnessgoal

Awards
Oh and I can't lose lbm I have to keep it, and gain if possible while on keto
Some good goals and i hear that going keto really helps with the lbm and not losing it while dieting.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
you can use glycobol to help get into ketosis, and you can also use it with your 100g carbs PWO to keep you as close as possible to ketosis or enter it as fast as possible,

seems to me glycobol can really help you out!
But how do I get into keto...and maintain it, can you help me understand it further. and why gycobol will help with keto?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
But how do I get into keto...and maintain it, can you help me understand it further. and why gycobol will help with keto?
ketosis is basically happens when you have low carbs and a low/steady blood sugar level. your diet is mainly fat and protein, and indirect sources of carbohydrates!

glycobol can help the initial process of glucose disposal to lower blood sugar and keep them stable,

now when you decide to do your fasting workouts and take your carbs post workout, glycobol can help your blood sugar from going TOO high and for as long as it normally would be. then you can take one before bed as well and it will help the process further and the GH release.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
now when you decide to do your fasting workouts and take your carbs post workout, glycobol can help your blood sugar from going TOO high and for as long as it normally would be. then you can take one before bed as well and it will help the process further and the GH release.
Okay can you say this again... Glycobol helps keep my blood sugar from getting high got it

gylcobol helps my blood sugar keep that not high state for a long period of time??? is that right??

and Gylcobol taken with no carbs at night helps with my GH release, can I still take my USPlabs powerfull with it, it is a GH releaser too....

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
And for keto it's fine to have more cals from protien rather than from fats right...like a 70p10c and 20 fat breakdown? Or would it be better to raise the fat? if so to what amount

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Okay can you say this again... Glycobol helps keep my blood sugar from getting high got it

gylcobol helps my blood sugar keep that not high state for a long period of time??? is that right??

and Gylcobol taken with no carbs at night helps with my GH release, can I still take my USPlabs powerfull with it, it is a GH releaser too....
you blood sugar is raised for X amount of time before it goes back to normal after eating. glycobol prevents it from going AS high, which makes it go back to baseline a little faster.

YES with Powerfull is an excellent stack!

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys thanks for your help earlier Let me ask you another question after reading everything on that site you posted It says that if I want to go keto I lose my carbs and eat more fat so let me ask you a question... Is it okay for me to eat 300g protein a day, and 100g fats, with less than 40g carb per day??? isn't that too much fat?? Im 290lbs and 6'4''

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Slightly high on the fats, but the rest looks good, maybe a little more protein. I have ran CKD for 6 weeks now, I'm down 24 lbs. I have also be running, clen, lipo 6, and just picked up a bottle of hydroxycut for 5 bucks, so I'm going to run that. Once you get into the swing of things it not so bad. Best way to get into ketosis is 30 grams of carbs a day or less. Some have to take in 0 carbs to get started. I have slowly added more carbs week by week, I'm at about 45-50 grams and still maintain ketosis.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Just lay off the carbs and you'll get into ketosis, eventually. Don't complicate it. And remember eat 1-2grams of protein for the weight you WANT to be. Not the weight you are.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And for keto it's fine to have more cals from protien rather than from fats right...like a 70p10c and 20 fat breakdown? Or would it be better to raise the fat? if so to what amount

No, super high protein levels will increase glucose in your blood via gluconeogenesis. For the first 2 weeks aim for HIGHER FAT medium protein, very low carbs, below 30gram...if you are training hard you will get into ketosis VERY quickly...2-3 days like this.

This is what I do, then I raise the protein up a bit and lower the fat a bit so they are about equal, sometimes higher protein (but still a very decent amount of fat - within caloric limitations of your diet/goals), and I manage to stay in ketosis this way. Eating fat won't make you fat!

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Just lay off the carbs and you'll get into ketosis, eventually. Don't complicate it. And remember eat 1-2grams of protein for the weight you WANT to be. Not the weight you are.
Knowing that I want to be a lean f*ucking mean piece of muscle and bone at 220 wouldn't 270ish g of protein a day be acceptable? if not, what is a good amount for that goal?

No, super high protein levels will increase glucose in your blood via gluconeogenesis. For the first 2 weeks aim for HIGHER FAT medium protein, very low carbs, below 30gram...if you are training hard you will get into ketosis VERY quickly...2-3 days like this.

I need about 3000 cals a day I figure. Thats 1400 under my matianence including my workouts. So what would be a recommended breakdown of macro's for me? 200g fats 275g protein and >20g carbs....? or is there a better breakdown I could be on? for instance 250g fat 200g protein its just that protein level is under 1g per my target bodyweight is that alright... I cannot lose muscle!!! I gotta gain lbm baby

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice...

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Knowing that I want to be a lean f*ucking mean piece of muscle and bone at 220 wouldn't 270ish g of protein a day be acceptable? if not, what is a good amount for that goal?

I need about 3000 cals a day I figure. Thats 1400 under my matianence including my workouts. So what would be a recommended breakdown of macro's for me? 200g fats 275g protein and >20g carbs....? or is there a better breakdown I could be on? for instance 250g fat 200g protein its just that protein level is under 1g per my target bodyweight is that alright... I cannot lose muscle!!! I gotta gain lbm baby

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice...
You should be able to cut nicely at 500 below maintaince.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Search google for BMR, figure your basic metabolic rate, and then you will also need to use the multiplier figure you BMR. Then subtract 500.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Wow I need alot less calories than I thought my correct maintenance is 3343 cals a day... Which means that I would want to eat around 2800 cals a day. Thanks mathis So my breakdown should be about 250p and 200f.

Thats not to much fat tho right... It would all be in polyunsats and monounsats.... through oils and nuts just wanna make sure... and more oils than nuts it mixes easier

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Wow I need alot less calories than I thought my correct maintenance is 3343 cals a day... Which means that I would want to eat around 2800 cals a day. Thanks mathis So my breakdown should be about 250p and 200f.

Thats not to much fat tho right... It would all be in polyunsats and monounsats.... through oils and nuts just wanna make sure... and more oils than nuts it mixes easier
A little high on the fats, here let me find a breakdown of my diet when I was around 2800 on the CKD.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Higher fats are only needed to induce ketosis but once in you can lower them and tweak.

Going keto will help preserve muscle mass on a cut. Don't worry too much about losing size on a CKD unless you're super far below maintenance and also overtraining. You also don't need to worry about 1gram per lb of lbm while on a keto diet. Those rules do not apply. I'll post a link for you tomorrow to read, the eyes are falling on me..

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
X2 on the link. FYI ben, today weighed in 190! Starte six and a half weeks ago at 215. Have maintained if not gained some LBM.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Dang man... Hope I get the same results! I still lift weights pretty aggressively, and do my 30mins cardio after, I really wanna keep getting my muscle gains. Think I'm hurting myself doing those workouts fasted every morning? I take a sugardaddy load of BCAAs and then two or three scoops of jack'd depending on how I feel.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Dang man... Hope I get the same results! I still lift weights pretty aggressively, and do my 30mins cardio after, I really wanna keep getting my muscle gains. Think I'm hurting myself doing those workouts fasted every morning? I take a sugardaddy load of BCAAs and then two or three scoops of jack'd depending on how I feel.
Nah you should be fine. Just watch you supps, there are more than you really think about having loads of carbs in them. You may want to get a fiber supplement as well, you get pretty bound up without lots of fiber. I don't know if you know, I didn't, but when you count your carbs, you do not have to count the fiber. You my lose strength the first couple weeks, but just keep at it and it will climb back up. Mine is actually a little over where it was before I started CKD.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Nah you should be fine. Just watch you supps, there are more than you really think about having loads of carbs in them./QUOTE]

What does this mean... the BCAA's (purple wraath and xtend mixed) I use have carbs in them, or they act like carbs?

I feel the strength loss a little already on my cardio, but i really don't want to and am gonna try hard as hell not to stop gaining on my sets. Figured I'd start to get a lil' bound as you say I've been doing about 15g a day...not that much but its a start.

Power to you for getting stronger man It's an awesome feeling to be on a CKD and still be gaining muscle! Thats something I have to get!

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
As long as they are not carbs from sugar your gtg. Watch your fiber too, I know most fiber supps have a good amount of carbs too.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Large amounts of BCAA's (pre/during workout) have knocked me out of ketosis, and also prevented me from entering ketosis in the past.

It is the isoleucine and glutamine that is the culprit. During physical exertion, these can/will break down into glucose fairly easily. Glutamine is a larger culprit than isoleucine though.

I just slam down 5-10 grams of leucine pre workout instead of BCAAs. I used to take L-leucine alone but now I am trying out dominATP.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
i'm taking a bcaa/creatine mix right now and it hasn't kicked me out. i take 2-3 servings during the week and 2-3 when i carb up. haven't really lost strength yet but I do feel HUNGRY ALL THE TIME!! do any of you guys get hungry while on this diet? i thought the fats were supposed to "slow digestion" and keep you fuller longer.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Actually I have made my own version of this diet, I carb up for 48 hrs. Friday night, to Sunday night. It is worst form me when I'm making my carb free dinner Sunday evening, when I know I can no longer have any, thats when I want normal food sssooooo bad, and cant get full. Monday, I'm fine.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I only carb up for 1 day. My Sunday meals exist of lots of scrambled eggs!! Sometimes 15 eggs per day....Tastttttttyyyyyy

I used to get hungry on this diet in the past, but now I don't it's strange. It's probably because of the casein and supps I'm taking. This time around I am definitely drinking more water and taking more salt in with meals.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
So you think my 23g of BCAAs from xtend and 22 from Purple wraath pre/intra/post workout are tooo many... not mention I'm taking DominATP too... is that too much? and no they dont have carbs or sugar just checked

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How long have you been trying to get into ketosis? Are you checking with keto-stix?

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
checked once and I was there a day after I started only had the one stick I got from the doctor tho... I can tell you that I have this really light tingling sensation in the front of my brain. never had that before so I figured I have to be in it... I really need to buy more sticks. Is there any other way to tell without the sticks, I'm still at work :-(

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
I'm also tired more, and my body is taking twice as long to recover from my workouts than I'm used too...

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
you will get tired for the first few days regardless, just form lack of carbs. That will change once you body makes the transition.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Keto stick proves it deep dark reddish purple... unless... is there any other reason why it could go red? or am I finally in keto?

rrm

Awards
Yeah...Hungry alot... Hope it goes away...
got the anabolic solution by pasquale today and it says if your hungury eat more! You shouldnt be hungry at the start of the diet trying to get into ketosis.

rrm

Awards
Thank you to all of you that posted I'm going to try this diet starting today, shouldnt be to hard. I now have four bottles of Glycobol so bring on the extra GH increase...
good luck!
post some progress in the future

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Keto stick proves it deep dark reddish purple... unless... is there any other reason why it could go red? or am I finally in keto?
You're in ketosis.
The sticks won't always be deep dark purple, it depends on how many ketones are in your urine. It could be very light pink if you've burned up a lot of ketones or if you're really drinking a lot of water. Basically just look for a change on the sticks.

Here's a couple links that may have been posted here before but have lots of info:

http://low-carb.org/faq/#Q2_2

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/category/fat-loss/qa-fat-loss-fat-loss

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/category/fat-loss/fat-loss-diets-fat-loss