Diet program that worked GREAT for 2 friends but...?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Question Diet program that worked GREAT for 2 friends but...?

hey... janet here.. I'm 5'8 about 220 lbs.. and ive been trying real hard to lose weight now for almost 8 months... i just had a baby girl a little over a year ago.. and during my pregnancy i gained a tonnnn of weight and much of it stuck with me after she was born, and since then the hubby has been bothering me non stop about my new weight problem... so after a few months of that, it really started getting to me so i decided to try and do something about it... ive tried almost every diet system out there... south beach, atkins, slimfast, weight watchers, etc... and nothing so far has really worked well for me.... But ive recently come across this diet that a couple of my girlfriends put me onto that said worked amazing for them like nothing else has.... so i checked it out, it looks really good and they have a full money back guarentee.. and im thinking about signing up for it.. but i first wanted to get some 3rd or 4th opinions on it... their website is.. fatloss.pcti-system.com .. Has anyone ever tried this program?? Any advice comments opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!!

2. Registered User
    Answers

Looks like a lot of marketing BS. Diets dont work.

Lifestyle changes incorporating clean eating and exercise work.
  3. Banned
    Answers

Im sure i posted a huge reply on this? Not here though on another forum.

Its bull**** and making you pay for something thats freely available on this site and many others.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

I don't know much about it but I do have heard of calorie zig-zagging. But I'm going to start off by saying that this program may work (it doesn't for everyone, just like anything), but it isn't magical or anything special - it's just doing something right, just like many other diets. Note that the first text that appears on the main page - "low-fat diet don't work, low-Calorie diets don't work, low-carb diets don't work etc." - is PURE marketing to make their site seem more attractive. Those methods DO work, and they work damn well. But YOU have to make them work by doing things right and what you're supposed to be doing; it's not just one aspect what makes a diet work (i.e. low-fat) but everything in conjunction. For example, YOU CANNOT LOSE FAT without a calorie deficit; low-Calorie diets just aren't as successful as others because people tend to starve themselves on them so they can lose weight faster, and then they get so hungry (which means added dificulty) that they binge-eat or just stray from the path, and regain back any possible weight they may have lost. However, if you eat a healthy, Calorie-restricted diet (i.e. 1300 kilocalories a day) that DOESN'T have you starving, and put it together with exercise, you WILL lose weight, no other way around it. Fat los is very much a Math (kilocalorie) game.

And, yes, you don't need any special progam to lose fat. To think that you depend on some crazy miraculous diet just to be thinner is somewhat ridiculous, sorry for being blunt.

Just use your common sense and good judgment. A healthy AND calorie-restricted diet (one that includes adequate protein, sufficient water intake, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, maybe low-fat dairy and/or nuts), PLUS regular exercise is just enough to make you lose weight. There are many variations of this but at the end the core idea is the same - less energy input, more energy output. I repeat, YOU DON'T NEED EXPENSIVE SPECIAL PROGRAMS FOR THINGS YOU CAN LEARN AND DO FOR FREE. You can't beat physiology unless you're doing drugs, and even fat loss drugs make you do the same damn thing anyway by either making you eat less or expending more energy, or both.

Educate yourself, go study some medical/official nutrition books or something. Or, as I said, just use your common sense. Chances are that if you aren't losing ANY weight on ANY of these programs, it's because YOU aren't doing something right - maybe eating too much or accidentally deviating from the program (i.e. you're on Atkins but drink Gatorade which is full of sugar!).

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 07:19 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 04:36 AM
  3. Diet plan that worked GREAT for 2 friends but...?
    By bigmomma3 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 04:21 AM
  4. Diet plan that worked GREAT for 2 friends but...?
    By bigmomma3 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 02:05 AM