Am i not eating enough carbs?

JKBB44

Awards
Ive been doing guerilla cardio 4-5 days a week a long with a 20 min slow jog and ive been feeling really run down lately (All cardio done first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach 30 mins before i eat breakfast). My diet looks like this?

Breakfast
2 pieces of wheat bread
1.5 plate of scrambled eggs

Lunch
Tuna
1 piece of wheat bread (eod)
i can of tuna fish

post workout
1.5 scoops of protein shake
1 piece of wheat bread

snack
3 of 4 pieces of chicken tenderloin
1 teaspoon of natty peanut butter

addictional snack (depends on how late i eat dinner)
1.5 scoops of protein shake

before bedtime
1 tub of fat free cottage cheese (4 servings)
2 scoops of natty peanut butter

Every other sunday ive been carbing up and eating roughly 175g carbohydrates

the pieces of bread are the on the small side and only contain 13g of carbohydrates.

Also let me know if you think i'm doing too much cardio.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
how tall are you? how much do you weigh? are you cutting or bulking? if you workout first thing in the morning why not have a little pre workout meal or at least a shake with bcaas in it?

JKBB44

Awards
I'm 6'0 tall weighing in at 183 probably at 10-11% bodyfat. Before i run i will sip on xtend after my warmup i will drink some more extend and after i am done i will finish the rest of it. I am currently cutting.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
i would say your looking good then bro, if your looking to cut. whats the problem? are you getting fatigued when your working out or something?

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Seems to me like you could use some more healthy fats. Avocado, Olive Oil, Coconut are all good. You may need to bump your calories up more too. What are your maintenance calories, and how many are you eating now?

Eating 175 carbs a day shouldn't make you that tired. It is an adequate amount of carbs for cutting. I'd suggest changing up your carb source. Dump the bread and go for oat meal. You should be eating veggies too. They provide fiber, vitamins and minerals. You could very well be lacking those vits and mins, which could be causing your "run down" feeling.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I'd say no. Unless you're SUPER carb sensitive, I think 150-175/day is pretty low as it is.

JKBB44

Awards
i'm only eating 175 carbs every other sunday. Usually im around 80 and 90 a day

JKBB44

Awards
i would say your looking good then bro, if your looking to cut. whats the problem? are you getting fatigued when your working out or something?
yea. for that last 2 days i feel like i'm just dragging along.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i'm only eating 175 carbs every other sunday. Usually im around 80 and 90 a day

If you are going to do 80 or 90 a day, I'd suggest having a high carb day once a week.

JKBB44

Awards
i forgot to write down what i eat for dinner. It is always a full bowl of diced chicken with teriyaki sauce (the only thing available at the dorms) with broccoli.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
no your not doing too much cardio, do you feel like your going to pass out?

TheKaz

Awards
throw in some more good fats, try a shotglass full of extra virgin olive oil

JKBB44

Awards
no your not doing too much cardio, do you feel like your going to pass out?
I don't feel like i'm going to pass out, but legs are constantly sore and i dread leg workout. I'm ready for bed at 8:00

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I don't feel like i'm going to pass out, but legs are constantly sore and i dread leg workout. I'm ready for bed at 8:00
push through it man...nothing in life worth doing is easy
:wave2:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When you lower your carbs, you have to up your fats.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
When you lower your carbs, you have to up your fats.
have u tried Coconut Oil Rodja? I want to but not sure. I get my olive oil from my salads, fish oil from caps and fish, other fats from naturally more PB

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
have u tried Coconut Oil Rodja? I want to but not sure. I get my olive oil from my salads, fish oil from caps and fish, other fats from naturally more PB
No, I get most of my fats from whole eggs, fish oil, and dark meat poultry. Steveo pimps the sh!t out of it, though.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
No, I get most of my fats from whole eggs, fish oil, and dark meat poultry. Steveo pimps the sh!t out of it, though.
lol yea hes the one who told me about it