results over time? motivation needed....

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.5%

results over time? motivation needed....

just had a question... ive been workin out 5 days a week, doing cardio 5 days a week and totally changed how i eat. this will be my 6th week. im bout 5.11 245 when i started. my question is, does it take a long time to see results? most of my weight is all around my midsection and back.. looks like i have a big beer gut but i dont drink.. im just thick looking... i want to lose as much fat as possible but im gettin discouraged becuase i look in the mirror and still see all this fat on me and im giving 100 percent to lose it.... is it because im so damn fat that it just takes along time to see a difference? any help is appreciated...

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

The fat you are referring to is known as visceral adipose tissue (VAT). VAT is the adipose surrounding the organs and it cannot be pinched or accurately measured by calipers. It is a better idea, from both a physical and mental sense, to look at this as a lifestyle, not a phase. Solid and maintainable results occur over time; remember, you didn't get to your current status in a day, so it's foolish to think that it can be undone in a day.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.74%

Thumbs up

That is the most difficult area to deal with as far as fat dissemination, particularly on a male. That is usually the last soldier to fall, unfortunately. Stick with it, one day at a time, one good decision at a time, and it'll happen. It is usually going to boil down to diet. Frequent, healthy meals, h2o, workouts. Stay active in here, it is also a subtle, yet solid motivator.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by carbonblu View Post
    just had a question... ive been workin out 5 days a week, doing cardio 5 days a week and totally changed how i eat. this will be my 6th week. im bout 5.11 245 when i started. my question is, does it take a long time to see results? most of my weight is all around my midsection and back.. looks like i have a big beer gut but i dont drink.. im just thick looking... i want to lose as much fat as possible but im gettin discouraged becuase i look in the mirror and still see all this fat on me and im giving 100 percent to lose it.... is it because im so damn fat that it just takes along time to see a difference? any help is appreciated...
    I can only recommend what worked for me and made me commit to the process. Give yourself a year. I know it sounds like a long time, but in the grand scheme of things it really is not. After a year of working out and eating right I guarantee that you will like the changes you see in yourself. Take before pictures and progress pics so that you have a good reference for how far you have come. I did that and seeing the actual progress has made me continue pushing further than I ever planned.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.36%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The fat you are referring to is known as visceral adipose tissue (VAT). VAT is the adipose surrounding the organs and it cannot be pinched or accurately measured by calipers. It is a better idea, from both a physical and mental sense, to look at this as a lifestyle, not a phase. Solid and maintainable results occur over time; remember, you didn't get to your current status in a day, so it's foolish to think that it can be undone in a day.
    that is some great advice, when i went from a chubby teen to 'the skinny guy' is when i didn't 'go on a diet'--i changed the way i ate for good(its inevitable-you have to lower calories, but its very rewarding finding enjoyment in moderation.)

and i didn't just do a lot of cardio during a dieting or cutting phase, i 'became a runner', my advice is not trying to overdue it at first, if you want to make it a permanent lifestyle change you must find some enjoyment out of it. otherwise your just going to give it up as soon as you hit your goal weight

-all in all, if you really believe your getting no results whatsoever you should lower your daily calorie intake
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.5%

thanks for the good replies guys ill def take that advice. and i have seen some results mostly in my arms and legs but i just got a long way to go it seems like, ill be happy when i my face and stomidge start leanin out.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.1%

What really helped me lately was taking before and after pictures... I didnt see much in the mirror and then I took after pictures of only about a month and i can tell huge differences!
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.17%

When i needed to drop weight i always told someone that i was starting a new workout. Kept me moto cause right when i wanted to fail, i always thought of that person and the idea of having to tell them i failed, or i was giving up killed me. So i kept going, now i dont need that, i can look at myself in the mirror and tell myself that I will not lose.

Failure is and never will be an option.

You can't get it this way, you have learned one way that doesn't work, tweak something and try it again. But TBH its a little early at 6 weeks and your weight bro. Look in the mirror, get pissed and hit the gym.

OORAH!
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Congrats on the time in so far.

I will keep it very short and simple. This is what works for me.

I take it one day at a time.

I cant let yesterday or tomorrow ruin my focus for today.

The days will add up and the pounds will drop off.

Keep at it, the pounds WILL come off if your working hard and eating right.

Good job and Good luck.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%

Rodja and Silver hit the head of the nail! the major thing I notice about the whole 'mirror' fab, is dont go by the mirror ALL the time, every now then. Basically try not to look at yourself in the mirror every chance you get, when you see yourself alot, youll become unaware of the changes, you are your worst critic
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.43%

dude i was in your shoes. bustin my a$$ for months on a recomp and nothing seemed to be happening. between months 6-8 is when i really started to notice(do yourslef a favor and take pics now for compare later something i wish i did). finally got on a scale and had dropped 50 lbs in 8 months. didnt really lose any strenght either. i did weights 3x and cardio 5-6x. 3 of the cardio were fasted. the only fat burner i used that entire time was dcp as i am very sensitive to stims so i stay away from them. dont give up the results willl come

Similar Forum Threads

1. Advice Needed - Blood Test Results
    By codered5 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 11:53 PM
  2. Lab results -- help needed raising bio-test.
    By jinxie in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 07:55 PM
  3. Blood Results In..HELP NEEDED!!!
    By oaktownboy in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-27-2007, 11:29 AM
  4. Lab results - your inputs needed.
    By PittBull in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 05:01 PM
  5. Time needed for Trimax effects?