Jim's Summer Cut CKD Log

blitzkriegjim

Awards
So I decided I'd just go ahead and log this one to keep me straight and hopefully get some help along the way. This will be my second week of the diet - the first one went better than I had expected doing this for the first time.

I recently just finished my 24 hour carb up since I wasn't able to fully deplete last week but this week I'm going to do it right. Stats are as follows:

Body weight: 173
Body Fat %: 12-13

Goal is to get to 6-7% by graduation (late June) and try to add some muscle as well.

I will post my diet/routine daily and weigh in once a week

blitzkriegjim

Awards
Went for a brisk jog this morning upon waking, and this week I've upped my fats and dropped the protein down a bit. Right now I'm looking at 166g fat and 125g protein to hit roughly 2000 calories a day.

Nothing much going on today other than feeling slightly hypo at times and pissing......a lot.

blitzkriegjim

Awards
Sorry for the lack of updates....computer crashed :irked:

At only in the ballpark of 120 grams of protein, I felt like I was losing muscle mass like crazy, so I upped it back up to the 160 mark and dropped fat to 150 grams. The results this week are not as dramatic as the first, weight has gone down to 169 lbs. but it has hovered there since the first week. I'm currently eating right at about 2000 cals, so I guess I'm going to drop down to 1800-1900 and see where I get with that over the following week. Question, do I drop cals in fat or in protein? I would suspect fat, but I am unsure since I'm very new to this.

I'm also feeling a lot more lethargic this week compared to the first week where I felt like superman in and out of the gym. Believe it or not, weights are actually up from last week and I'm still pushing myself hard in the gym despite the lack of energy. I guess supplementing with the creatine is really helping me keep up my strength. Tomorrow is the depletion workout (which I left out last week).......

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
good luck on the diet. 2000 cals does sound a little low though. i'm 165 and running at 2100cals a day. just curious, what did you do for your carb up (reverse macros, low/no fat), just eat a sh!t ton? mines tomorrow after my depletion workout.

blitzkriegjim

Awards
good luck on the diet. 2000 cals does sound a little low though. i'm 165 and running at 2100cals a day. just curious, what did you do for your carb up (reverse macros, low/no fat), just eat a sh!t ton? mines tomorrow after my depletion workout.
Apologies for not getting back to you earlier bro.....I'm back up and running though with my new computer so I'll be on the boards a lot more often :nervous: . Hope your carb up went well.....mine was mediocre. I ended up hitting just over 500 grams of carbs with 50 grams of fats and 130 grams of protein. I went mostly high GI, but I think what was lacking mostly was my depletion workout. I'm going to drag that **** out this time for about 2 hours. A little over 1 hour was definitely not enough.

I upped the cals a bit as well. Today looked like:

24g carbs
144g fat
192g protein

total cals: 2592

This will not be the norm, I'll be around 2200 for most days.

Workout looked something like:

ATG Squats: 95x10 135x10 185x8x2
SLDL's: 135x10 225x10 275x5 325x1 not pushing it too much, my back has been a bit messed up and I've given these lifts a break for almost a month.
Standing calf raises (machine)
Hypers BWx12 (BW+10)x12x2 (BW+45)x7
Leg extensions (machine)
Seated Calf Raises 45x14 70x12 90x11 115x10

Question for you all: I havent been losing weight as rapidly as I thought I would and I'm not sure why. I may be recomping slightly as my strength is mostly going up while weight is hovering. I was at 2000 cals, but considering all the walking I do/workouts, this may have been too aggressive. Am I doing the right thing by upping the cals a bit? Should this enhance further fat loss? I feel like my body may have been put in starvation mode earlier and just trying to hold on to as much as it could.....

blitzkriegjim

Awards
Also, just want to know about what my macros should be.....I've been reading a lot of posts here and finding conflicting information. Are my fats too high relative to protein? Am I getting enough protein? I'm sort of lost right now because I'm hearing a lot of different opinions......

blitzkriegjim

Awards
Another great day today. I weighed myself and am down 4 pounds on the week so far! Since I've upped the calories (consistently 2300-2400 now seems to be my sweet spot) lifts are going up and I'm dropping weight a lot quicker. Really liking the results now!

blitzkriegjim

Awards
Really hit the gym hard on Friday with a 2.5 hour depletion workout and really made the most out of my carb up on Friday and Saturday. I finished my 36 hour carb up at 650 g of carbs (all high GI from sources like cereal, pasta, etc) 150 g protein, and fat was about 60 g or so. Just woke up this morning to super full muscles, so I'm guessing I did it right this time. Now it's back to the keto diet looking to hit 2300-2400 calories today but one big obstacle - a dinner with the girlfriend's family......hoping for the best haha any suggestions? I'm just going to try to eat a lot of meat and try to get away with a little rice as possible without offending.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
Really hit the gym hard on Friday with a 2.5 hour depletion workout and really made the most out of my carb up on Friday and Saturday. I finished my 36 hour carb up at 650 g of carbs (all high GI from sources like cereal, pasta, etc) 150 g protein, and fat was about 60 g or so. Just woke up this morning to super full muscles, so I'm guessing I did it right this time. Now it's back to the keto diet looking to hit 2300-2400 calories today but one big obstacle - a dinner with the girlfriend's family......hoping for the best haha any suggestions? I'm just going to try to eat a lot of meat and try to get away with a little rice as possible without offending.
glad to hear you're doing good man. i'm coming up on my third week and down about 8lbs. i've got finals coming up so it's hard to plan my food and stuff but i'm doing pretty good. hahah good luck w/ the dinner tonight. i doubt you'll offend the parents unless you go caveman and gorge on nothing but meat!! lol i'm starting no carb back up today tho :nervous: wish me luck