question about cutting

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
Im starting to cut, just wondering from everyones experience how long is a good amount of cardio. I for now am fast pace walk/jog for 30 mins. (on treadmill) I read somewhere that it could take 5 or 6 weeks to cut 3-4% BF..I only have a little extra on the mid section, want the lower abs out and that shredded look. other then my lower abs im pretty cut up.
btw i wear a sauna suit most of the time.
Thanks guys

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Drop the sauna suit unless your looking to drop water weight for the scale, it will serve no purpose but to dehydrate you which is the last thing you want when trying to burn bodyfat.

Typically my magic numbers are

30mins HIIT (10x 1 minute ON periods, 1 minute rests with 5min warm up / cool down)
45mins steady state

Everyone is different though.

UKStrength

Sounds pretty good to me ^^^^

Try the steady state/low intensity cardio fasted (first thing in the morning or post workout)

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
Cool ill give this a try. I stay pretty hydrated while doing cardio..and after i take a multi and a G-rade. Ive seen alot of articles saying a sauna suit does infact help burn fat quicker. Is it just BS?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Dont mean to hijack a thread but it has to do with running while cutting,

My plan was this..... 2 mile run/jog down to a resevroir which has some long stairs which id run a few times then rest then 2 mile run/jog back this should be good for dropping fat and getting faster right?

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cool ill give this a try. I stay pretty hydrated while doing cardio..and after i take a multi and a G-rade. Ive seen alot of articles saying a sauna suit does infact help burn fat quicker. Is it just BS?
I suppose it would raise body temperature resulting in your CNS working harder to regulate temperature; but the impacting on kcal/fat burning would be minimal.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dont mean to jujack a thread but it has to do with running while cutting,

My plan was this..... 2 mile run/jog down to a resevroir which has some long stairs which id run a few times then rest then 2 mile run/jog back this should be good for dropping fat and getting faster right?
What you could do is jog the 2 miles at a decent pace, then when your at the stairs, run sprints up them, then walk back to the bottom, spring up, walk down and so on, building up how many rounds you do over time.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
What you could do is jog the 2 miles at a decent pace, then when your at the stairs, run sprints up them, then walk back to the bottom, spring up, walk down and so on, building up how many rounds you do over time.

Ya i was thinking of it as some long distance running and spritns alltogethor.

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
Tried the HIIT before..wasnt hard at all, since i was always looking at the clock it went pretty fast, so that was cool