Methods of dropping water weight inorder to ship

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Methods of dropping water weight inorder to ship


    im getting ready to ship soon for bootcamp and i was wondering if anyone knows of any good methods to drop weight in order to ship? I guess the corps doesn't tape ,so i HAVE to be at weight regardless of the fact i score really well doing pullups, crunches, and running. right now sitting at 215 about, need to be at 208.


  2. How long do you have?
    •   
       


  3. Sauna? From what i hear that can help release some water weight, Not positive.

  4. boxers and wrestlers can sweat that out in hours.. 1 gallon of water = 7lbs. thats why people wieght fluctautes so much day to day.

    Unhealthy yes possible yes

  5. yeah i hear you, i fluctuate all the darn time, technically i have till may 11th, but on the 24th we have an overnight boot camp and i want to be at weight by that day so i dont get a bunch of crap tossed at me from my SSGT. im pretty sure i can drop it, i know its not healthy, ive been running in a damn sauna suit.
    •   
       


  6. Thats insane that you have to be a certain weight. I knew a buddy was 260 at 9% bf with a 29 inch waste. Scored 98's on his physical training tests and he was "overweight" in boot camp by 40 lbs or more. Never had crap put his way, because all aspects of physical he had covered. If ur in good shape, i wouldnt worry about it. IF ur waist is huge, then maybe youll have problems. Its all a head game.

  7. nah, marine corps is hella strict at the moment, because i was supposed to ship feb 17th and they moved me to may 11th because i was 5 pounds over, total bs cuz the army, navy, airforce recruits were getting taped and they didnt tape me because im going marine corps. so its pretty much i HAVE to be at weight in order to ship unless they grant a waiver and last time they wouldnt because their quotas are full, alot of ppl have been enlisting because of the economy so they wouldnt grant a waiver for me.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    nah, marine corps is hella strict at the moment, because i was supposed to ship feb 17th and they moved me to may 11th because i was 5 pounds over, total bs cuz the army, navy, airforce recruits were getting taped and they didnt tape me because im going marine corps. so its pretty much i HAVE to be at weight in order to ship unless they grant a waiver and last time they wouldnt because their quotas are full, alot of ppl have been enlisting because of the economy so they wouldnt grant a waiver for me.
    my brother just left for the marines and this happened to him. He lost the water weight but weekly they do weighins at camp. He got sent home because he couldnt drop 3 lbs, at first it was water weight. So you have to move more than water weight. He ended up enlisting in the air force.

  9. oh wow,,no joke,,i didnt know that. ok well i can drop that much weight by may 11th for sure,,its just 8 pounds about. thanks for the heads up i wasnt aware of that.

  10. Oh wow they have gotten hella strict! They never sent any recruits home for ANYTHING when I was in recruit training.

    PS - Marines is spelled with a capital M. Don't ever let any hardcore old school Marine see you type it lower case!

  11. my apologies,,how about MARINES = )

  12. Quote Originally Posted by IamSOFAking View Post
    my brother just left for the marines and this happened to him. He lost the water weight but weekly they do weighins at camp. He got sent home because he couldnt drop 3 lbs, at first it was water weight. So you have to move more than water weight. He ended up enlisting in the air force.
    just curious though how good of shape is your brother in? because when we have our poole meetings once a month i beat everyone in crunches and i do very well with pullups and running also, i can only do 10 pullups but i mean i am the biggest guy there i dont think they would ship me home if i can pull my own weight.

  13. I hate to call someone a liar, but the Marines would NOT send someone home for that. There had to be another situation like a failed drug test. On the island or in hollywood, there are things called PCP Platoons. These platoons are for those who dont meet the minimum while on the MCRD. You are in this platoon until you satisfy minimum requirements. I repeat, being sent home for not losing 3 lbs, is bs

  14. dude if you get to boot camp over wieght they will not send you home you will just be put fat body platoon. i ask my brother he is a sergent in the marine corps.

  15. meaning you will have a stricked died and will pt more

  16. My brother is 5'10 235. 31 inch waist, six pack. 18 inch arms or so. His DI was a d!ck, and alot of guys were getting pushed out because of weight. Drugfree, no probs there. This was back in 02, maybe it has changed since then. He could do about 73 situps in a minute, about 90 pushups in a minute and 25-30 pullups. Beast, and he couldnt join. Bunch of BS if you ask me.

  17. yeah,,,somethings off,,cuz if they said he needed to lose 3 pounds thats off cuz i KNOW 232 pounds is NOT the maximum weight for someone at 5'10, im 6'1 and the max weight is 208,so something had to have happened. not trying to be rude or say your a liar. although its still pretty gay they wouldnt let him join regardless.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Swag4Sale View Post
    I hate to call someone a liar, but the Marines would NOT send someone home for that. There had to be another situation like a failed drug test. On the island or in hollywood, there are things called PCP Platoons. These platoons are for those who dont meet the minimum while on the MCRD. You are in this platoon until you satisfy minimum requirements. I repeat, being sent home for not losing 3 lbs, is bs
    Agreed, being sent home for ANYTHING is new to me. I remember being on suicide watch for guys who claimed they were gonna off themselves that didnt even get sent home and guys who broke body parts were just put in medical platoons until they healed and then they finished boot... Unless the Marines have changed drastically (lets face it, they havent and will not any time soon), I'd question this as well

  19. Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    my apologies,,how about MARINES = )
    PS - Youre getting screwed, The Marines at my MEPS got taped

  20. Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    PS - Youre getting screwed, The Marines at my MEPS got taped
    ,,damn,,yeah i was pretty pissed because A out of 21 recruits, i was the only Marine recruit, and me and maybe 4 other guys had flat stomachs, everyone else had these freakin beer bellies, and B we were talking about the physical requirements and someone asked about what the Marines have to do, and i mentioned pullups and like 5 or 6 guys perked up and they were telling me they cant even do 1. i was pretty pissed when they sent me home, and tell me im 5 pounds over,,oh well.

  21. yeah thats bullshxt I was overweight when I first went and they taped me... guess it depends on the MEPS

  22. Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    yeah thats bullshxt I was overweight when I first went and they taped me... guess it depends on the MEPS
    . oh well just makes me more determined so in boot ill bust my ass for sure. nothing you want in life comes easy.

  23. The bad thing about boot is everything you do is endurance based... i lost a ton of muscle

  24. You def dont want too much slow you down muscle in Battle. I was in the army and all the SF guys, SEALs etc that I saw looked like TriAthletes. Lean and strong. Lots of endurance.

  25. One Shot.... You knew that you would have to lose the weight when you joined also. You have a certain weight to join and one to ship. Don't start acting like the Marines aren't fair, because you knew what you were getting into. They don't tape applicants and they never have. They have a 10% over rule. That is where if you are within a lower standard you can still ship, but if they already have enough to ship that cycle then you are out of luck. The qualified ones get to go, and you will get bumped out. To prevent that you will need to stay on a strict diet with a good amount of water. Once your ship date comes up you can start to taper off of the water. LOTS AND LOTS OF Cardio. That trash bag you have been running in.... throw it in the garbage. The night before you go to Meps, get a hardcore sweat on to lose any additional water weight.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How to GAIN water weight?
    By FatalFunnel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 09:07 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 09:57 PM
  3. arimidex to drop water weight before competing?
    By IJL in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 09:13 AM
  4. Dropped the weight, now trying to bulk up.
    By SF135 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-17-2008, 11:54 AM
  5. Dropped a bunch of water weight - constant thirst?
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Log in
Log in