Healthy Fats

lamboruns

Awards
Why in the logs to people always use almonds for the healthy fats in their cut/weight loss program? Am I missing something or is just for the convience factor?

I dislike Almonds and use an avocado and use some olive oil for almost all my fat intake per day.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Almonds are considered to have the best "nutritional" profile of all nuts.

Walnuts are also pretty damn good.

Due to their protein and fibre content they are also damn filling.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
PEANUT BUTTER!!!
nuts are a crucial agent in getting healthy fats

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Why in the logs to people always use almonds for the healthy fats in their cut/weight loss program? Am I missing something or is just for the convience factor?

I dislike Almonds and use an avocado and use some olive oil for almost all my fat intake per day.
Avocado and Olive oil are great healthy fats.

I personally like the taste of almonds. They are also particularly high in calcium- even more so than milk. Also much higher in potassium than bananas (which don't have much at all).

Thomp

Awards
since we are talking about fats. What's better Natural Peanut butter or just eating plain peanuts. unsalted of course

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
this is dumb, but does coconut oil taste like coconuts? lol
Thomp-i'd say nothing beats natural nutrients BUT there some PB's with fish ad flax seed oil in them so...its arguable, personally I love Naturally More PB, I eat a jar a week :/

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coconut oil :crackhead:

Have you killed that 20 ozer already!
They don't last long. When I notice them disappearing too fast though, I can feel it packing on to me so I try and control myself. Just got another 20oz, and still have a tub :) I think I've gone through about 4 or 5 since September.

Unrefined coconut oil has a mild coconut taste; refined (bleached and deodorized ) is as you can guess, tasteless and has had many of the nutritional benefits removed.

Also I ran out of Natty PB and have been eating my way thru some peanuts I got; I forgot how nice the crunch was :)

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
o...ok, anyone tried Liquid Carnitine? I love it