loosing alittle belly.

ChrisDono

Awards
recently I was bulking alittle and relized summer is coming up and I got a belly from bulking and went up to 20% body fat ish. What should I be doing in the gym and in the kitchen to lower my body fat but still try to keep strength

GhstFceTrilla

Awards
Okay, lets start at step 1, your diet. What are you currently consuming during your bulking cycle and when are you consuming these foods?

Step 2, How much cardio are you doing per session, and how many sessions per week? What type of cardio equipment do you have access to at your gym?

Step 3, What is your overall goal? In what amount of time?

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Just dial in your diet and keep lifting weights and you wont need cardio.

elliotuk

elliotuk

Awards
Just dial in your diet and keep lifting weights and you wont need cardio.
can u still lose bodyfat without doing any cardio as long as your diet is correct?

Ill be happy if this is true as im just starting cutting but hate cardio!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Yea you can, make sure your weightlifting is high intensity and diet is on POINT. I stress this. I do cardio on days i feel like it and im still able to hover around the 6-8% BF range.

elliotuk

elliotuk

Awards
Yea you can, make sure your weightlifting is high intensity and diet is on POINT. I stress this. I do cardio on days i feel like it and im still able to hover around the 6-8% BF range.
By high intensity would that be about 15 reps range with very short rest periods? And by diet on point do you mean a few hundred below maintenace?

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
High intensity has nothing to do with reps mate, its all about going balls out in your workout parameters, whether that be 3 or 20 reps.

Personally i dont use any different rep ranges when im cutting, im either doing 5x5, 4x8 or 3x12 with 60secs rest inbetween sets.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
By high intensity would that be about 15 reps range with very short rest periods? And by diet on point do you mean a few hundred below maintenace?
Circuits are a great way to lose fat, as well as supersets. I find that with circuits and supersets 8-12 reps are a great number for not only working my muscles but also getting my heart rate up. Compound movments will do you a lot of good.

You can lose fat without doing cardio. It may take a little bit more time, but cardio isn't necessary. If you decide that you would like to speed up the process because summer is around the corner, HIIT or body weight circuits on a couple of off days would be a great choice.

Start with 300 calories under maintenance and adjust as you see fit for yourself. Avoid going under 500 calories below.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^^ Good posting.

Full body circuits based around big compound movements are definately the way forward for fat loss, however they are quite advanced, i have no idea how long you have been training etc though.

If you feel your ready though, look up complexes by Alwyn cosgrove.