Albuterol = water retention?

SkinnyMinnie

Awards
Hello everyone!

I am currently "cutting" so to speak, and have been using albuterol sulfate for 1 ½ weeks already. On top of this I am doing a low-carb controlled-calorie clean diet plus cardio (still need to increase my strength training but I will do that soon).

I feel weirdly leaner lately because my legs look a little thinner but water bloat is all around the place. It has been showing up around my stomach, neck, face, arms, etc.

Is water retention a common side effect of albuterol? My salt intake is not that high and I ingest a lot of water and potassium (from natural sources) everyday. I would've thought the glycogen depletion from my current diet would've made me lose some water weight at least, I'm not going to maintain the low-carbing for too long but every time I do it I lose water weight fast, which has not been the case.

I posted this on another forum but seeing how nobody answered I figured I'd delete it and post it back here.

Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

Awards
Hello everyone!

I am currently "cutting" so to speak, and have been using albuterol sulfate for 1 ½ weeks already. On top of this I am doing a low-carb controlled-calorie clean diet plus cardio (still need to increase my strength training but I will do that soon).

I feel weirdly leaner lately because my legs look a little thinner but water bloat is all around the place. It has been showing up around my stomach, neck, face, arms, etc.

Is water retention a common side effect of albuterol? My salt intake is not that high and I ingest a lot of water and potassium (from natural sources) everyday. I would've thought the glycogen depletion from my current diet would've made me lose some water weight at least, I'm not going to maintain the low-carbing for too long but every time I do it I lose water weight fast, which has not been the case.

I posted this on another forum but seeing how nobody answered I figured I'd delete it and post it back here.
I know more about clenbuterol than albuterol, but I have never heard of this with either compound. Clenbuterol never gave me water retention, albuterol is a shorter half life version of clen. I would stop the albuterol and see if it goes away. If not there is another culprit. If it does go away then I wouldnt use the product anymore, you may be having an allergic reaction to the drug.

SkinnyMinnie

Awards
I know more about clenbuterol than albuterol, but I have never heard of this with either compound. Clenbuterol never gave me water retention, albuterol is a shorter half life version of clen. I would stop the albuterol and see if it goes away. If not there is another culprit. If it does go away then I wouldnt use the product anymore, you may be having an allergic reaction to the drug.
Oh no thank you, I just recently found out what it was anyway. I wasn't really taking the taurine supplements that are normally recommended when taking albuterol (since this chemical depletes taurine levels in your body), and some of the symptoms of taurine depletion are dry skin, cramps, and water retention - all of which I have been experiencing.

I have begun to take taurine and I've been feeling a little bit better, hopefully I will be able to get back to normal. I stopped taking albuterol right away becoming aware of this problem but will resume it after a while.

If not, obviously, I'll just discontinue it. I can burn fat without harming my body.

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
This is interesting about the taurine. Please keep us posted.

Oh no thank you, I just recently found out what it was anyway. I wasn't really taking the taurine supplements that are normally recommended when taking albuterol (since this chemical depletes taurine levels in your body), and some of the symptoms of taurine depletion are dry skin, cramps, and water retention - all of which I have been experiencing.

I have begun to take taurine and I've been feeling a little bit better, hopefully I will be able to get back to normal. I stopped taking albuterol right away becoming aware of this problem but will resume it after a while.

If not, obviously, I'll just discontinue it. I can burn fat without harming my body.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
quinine works better for the cramping , find it in diet tonic water.

CoachG

CoachG

Awards
Could someone reccomend a proper dosing routine for taurine withi clen/alb? I have ~100grams (of taurine, not clen, so sad...) arriving tomorrow.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
albuterol will increase norepinephrine... and from what i remember high levels of norepinephrine will increase water retention... i get it all the time from albuterol...

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
quinine works better for the cramping , find it in diet tonic water.
"quinine works better for the cramping , find it in diet tonic water."

Rep this man!

He speaks the truth, quinine is second to none for cramp blasting.

I get pure tabs off my source here in the UK but have used tonic water (tastes like ****) on its own.

2 hours into a muay thai session busting out a tonic water looks funny.