Albuterol = water retention?

  1. New Member
    SkinnyMinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    74
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    51.25%

    Albuterol = water retention?


    Hello everyone!

    I am currently "cutting" so to speak, and have been using albuterol sulfate for 1 weeks already. On top of this I am doing a low-carb controlled-calorie clean diet plus cardio (still need to increase my strength training but I will do that soon).

    I feel weirdly leaner lately because my legs look a little thinner but water bloat is all around the place. It has been showing up around my stomach, neck, face, arms, etc.

    Is water retention a common side effect of albuterol? My salt intake is not that high and I ingest a lot of water and potassium (from natural sources) everyday. I would've thought the glycogen depletion from my current diet would've made me lose some water weight at least, I'm not going to maintain the low-carbing for too long but every time I do it I lose water weight fast, which has not been the case.

    I posted this on another forum but seeing how nobody answered I figured I'd delete it and post it back here.

  2. New Member
    Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    14.43%

    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyMinnie View Post
    Hello everyone!

    I am currently "cutting" so to speak, and have been using albuterol sulfate for 1 weeks already. On top of this I am doing a low-carb controlled-calorie clean diet plus cardio (still need to increase my strength training but I will do that soon).

    I feel weirdly leaner lately because my legs look a little thinner but water bloat is all around the place. It has been showing up around my stomach, neck, face, arms, etc.

    Is water retention a common side effect of albuterol? My salt intake is not that high and I ingest a lot of water and potassium (from natural sources) everyday. I would've thought the glycogen depletion from my current diet would've made me lose some water weight at least, I'm not going to maintain the low-carbing for too long but every time I do it I lose water weight fast, which has not been the case.

    I posted this on another forum but seeing how nobody answered I figured I'd delete it and post it back here.
    I know more about clenbuterol than albuterol, but I have never heard of this with either compound. Clenbuterol never gave me water retention, albuterol is a shorter half life version of clen. I would stop the albuterol and see if it goes away. If not there is another culprit. If it does go away then I wouldnt use the product anymore, you may be having an allergic reaction to the drug.
  3. New Member
    SkinnyMinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    74
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    51.25%

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I know more about clenbuterol than albuterol, but I have never heard of this with either compound. Clenbuterol never gave me water retention, albuterol is a shorter half life version of clen. I would stop the albuterol and see if it goes away. If not there is another culprit. If it does go away then I wouldnt use the product anymore, you may be having an allergic reaction to the drug.
    Oh no thank you, I just recently found out what it was anyway. I wasn't really taking the taurine supplements that are normally recommended when taking albuterol (since this chemical depletes taurine levels in your body), and some of the symptoms of taurine depletion are dry skin, cramps, and water retention - all of which I have been experiencing.

    I have begun to take taurine and I've been feeling a little bit better, hopefully I will be able to get back to normal. I stopped taking albuterol right away becoming aware of this problem but will resume it after a while.

    If not, obviously, I'll just discontinue it. I can burn fat without harming my body.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    centeroiler's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    103
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    93.75%

    This is interesting about the taurine. Please keep us posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyMinnie View Post
    Oh no thank you, I just recently found out what it was anyway. I wasn't really taking the taurine supplements that are normally recommended when taking albuterol (since this chemical depletes taurine levels in your body), and some of the symptoms of taurine depletion are dry skin, cramps, and water retention - all of which I have been experiencing.

    I have begun to take taurine and I've been feeling a little bit better, hopefully I will be able to get back to normal. I stopped taking albuterol right away becoming aware of this problem but will resume it after a while.

    If not, obviously, I'll just discontinue it. I can burn fat without harming my body.
  5. crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,430
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    20.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    quinine works better for the cramping , find it in diet tonic water.
  6. New Member
    CoachG's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Age
    39
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    89
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    41.83%

    Could someone reccomend a proper dosing routine for taurine withi clen/alb? I have ~100grams (of taurine, not clen, so sad...) arriving tomorrow.
  7. Senior Member
    JaredGalloway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,016
    Rep Power
    592
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    44.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    albuterol will increase norepinephrine... and from what i remember high levels of norepinephrine will increase water retention... i get it all the time from albuterol...
  8. Banned
    0-hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    594
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    43.28%

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    quinine works better for the cramping , find it in diet tonic water.
    "quinine works better for the cramping , find it in diet tonic water."

    Rep this man!

    He speaks the truth, quinine is second to none for cramp blasting.

    I get pure tabs off my source here in the UK but have used tonic water (tastes like ****) on its own.

    2 hours into a muay thai session busting out a tonic water looks funny.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Water Retention Help
    By CCV3 in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 02:02 AM
  2. Water Retention!! How to get rid of?
    By packers6211 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2010, 12:17 AM
  3. water retention
    By polo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 08:18 PM
  4. Water Retention? What to use?
    By BackHand in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 04:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in