Persistant body fat - thinking about liposuction - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Persistant body fat - thinking about liposuction

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-hero View Post
    Trying to lose his stomach fat? Impossible.

Spot reduction is a myth as far as i am concerned, sure some topical solutions can reduce sub-q water sitting under the skin but this only gives the illusion of becomming leaner and typically will only show on an already moderately lean person.

Im not disagreeing with the cereal bars, they are marketing as "healthy" alternatives to a cooked breakfast, and in contrast they are. But your body wont thank you for it when you burn through those simple bond carbs within an hour tops.

Oatmeal is a complex carb and a slow burner, perfect for breakfast and/or any other time of day.

I guess what im asking is, why advocate fruit (fructose) which only replenishes liver glycogen but not more complex bonds?

Because its healthy why else would i eat fruit?

2. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Because its healthy why else would i eat fruit?
    Your spinning it now bro, your trying to twist it to make it look like i said not to eat fruit lol.

So lets drag it back a little, why advocate fructose yet deter him from complex carbs?

Does not compute.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  221 lbs.

Fruits and veggies are very healthy, provide a number of nutrients and health benefits, plus will provide you with carbs that you need. You can get complex carbs through your potatoes, corn, peas, and carrots...I didn't really say complex carbs are bad. Just to stay away from things like cereal bars, and most grains. And don't get me wrong, I love oatmeal, i eat it all the time. Not when I am cutting unwanted stomach fat though. But that is just me, and this is just my opinion. I am not tryin to get into a back and forth arguement by any means. So hopefully you did not take offense to any of my comments.
    •   

4. Banned

No mate you got me wrong, im not arguing i love a good debate.

Doesnt matter what its about, ill debate anything.

We can agree on one thing though, finding what works for you and more importantly what fits in with your lifestyle is key.
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    the body can only process 1tbsp of sugar at a time, the rest gets stored as.... FAT!
    this is just false.

I think a small amount of carbohydrates is essential when cutting to help get the protein in your gut to your muscles. Your body has mechanisms to convert protein into energy (glucogenesis) but its less efficient. For me cutting carbs means reducing carbohydrate intake to a small quantity to things like oatmeal, sweet potato, etc. It helps shuttle protein
  6. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by samadhismiles View Post
    this is just false.

I think a small amount of carbohydrates is essential when cutting to help get the protein in your gut to your muscles. Your body has mechanisms to convert protein into energy (glucogenesis) but its less efficient. For me cutting carbs means reducing carbohydrate intake to a small quantity to things like oatmeal, sweet potato, etc. It helps shuttle protein
    Man i do love sweet pats mmmmm

Oats or a sweet pat is an OK choice for a carb source PWO but whole foods arent ideal at this time. This is the only time in a clean diet where the good and bad carbs will switch roles

No im not saying eating a bag of cookies

Problem is, PWO we can agree we need to deliver a source of protein (Amino acids) to our cells as quickly as possible, yes? Good carbs such as oats, sweet pats, grain breads etc will contain fiber which as we know digests relatively slowly. This makes them a dieters friends of course; usually.

In short, some argue that if you only take protein in PWO and/or dont deliver protein/carbs within a decent time frame your body may actually break down existing muscle tissue for the purpose of glycogen replenishment.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  145 lbs.

Hey guys, just reporting back to say that so far so good.

I've been keeping my carbs between 100 and 150, and I'm planning to reduce them to 100 max in the next 3-4 days (I figured a steady decrease would be better than a sudden crash).

I'm very pleased to inform that with little snacks of almonds, peanutbutter (just a teaspoon or two) and cottage cheese, I'm not feeling these sugar cravings anymore!

One question: can I indulge in some low-fat bacon strips? I'm quite partial to them seeing as they don't have any carbs, are full of protein and the low-fat variety only has 4g of fat per 100g, of which only 1.8 saturates.

I weighed in on Friday, 79kg = 174 pounds. I won't weigh myself again till next week. I'm thinking a week after my diet is fully underway and I've workoued out a few more things.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it.
  8. Banned

These bacon strips how often are we talking?

Also look in morrisons for something called Quark, i mix sugar free diabetic jam with it and it basically tastes like a muller fruit yogurt but thicker and packed with slow digesting protein.

Sugar free jelly is also a good one.
  9. New Member

Sugar Free Perserves + Cottage Cheese = Best dessert !
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  145 lbs.

I was thinking of having the bacon once a day, for breakfast.

A packet contains 8 slices, a total of 200g equalling 8g of fat of which 3,6 is saturated, 40g of protein and 240 calories in total.

That along with a 300g serving of cottage cheese would make a great breakfast.

In total:

495 calories
    75g of protein
    15g of carbs (of which 8 are sugars)
    12,5 of fat (of which 6.5 saturates)

Does that sound like a decent breakfast?
  11. Banned

Protein is too high for me mate, ratios are out of wack.

Are you aiming for a specific protein/carbs/fats over the course of the day or just feeling it out at the moment?

Do you have a cheat meal / period?

If so then is the time to have this bacon goodness (i fking love gammon/bacon/ham).

I personally wouldnt have it as a regular thing if it wasent my cheat day BUT if you get to a point where your going to pig out and fall off the wagon then have this meal instead.
  12. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    For the past 4 weeks I was on a low fat (less then 10g a day, with almost no saturated), low carb (less than 250g a day) and low sugar (less than 50g a day) diet.

Add to this I was weight training as usual 4 days a week doing cardio, plus 2 more days of cardio-only. My cardio consisted of interchanging between days of 1 hour on the treadmill at 20% incline at 7km/ph and rowing for 30 mins at the hardest resistence.

During those 4 weeks I lost less than a kg (less than 2 pounds), and since I started eating normally again, I put it back on.

IMO Diet needs to be changed. Healthy fats are necessary for alot of functions and your carbs are HIGH when I am on low carb i get less in total carbs then you get in sugar. 250grams of carbs is 1000 calories Also change the cardio to HIIT you'll burn calories faster and through out the day if something isn't working you have to change. Hope this helps
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  145 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-hero View Post
    Are you aiming for a specific protein/carbs/fats over the course of the day or just feeling it out at the moment?

Do you have a cheat meal / period?
    I'm aiming between 150 and 200g of protein each day.

I figure 150 from meals + 50 from protein powder, but only my weight days. On cardio days I won't drink a shake.

Or should I have one each day rather than 2 every second day?

I don't have a cheat meal day. I'm still trying to steadily decrease my carb intake and get to a comfortable level of under 100. Then I might allocate a single day in the week to indulge (nothing fancy, bacon perhaps and maybe a chocolate bar like Mars or Snickers).
  14. Banned

Good idea about the cheat day they serve a great purpose; they keep me ****ing sane and can spike your metabolism back up after a week of your body adjusting to its new lower levels of energy input.

Word of advice though, set out a time your going to eat the cheat meal and stick to it, be careful not to let this cheat meal progress into a cheat weekend.

200g protein is ok for your weight imo but theres many schools of thought on this, however spread it out more evenly, 70g in one sitting is too much, especially at 179lbs and it being 40% ish of your daily protein intake.

Keep the protein up on cardio days, if anything reduce your carb intake.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  145 lbs.

Will do.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  145 lbs.

Right lads, it's been about 10 weeks since my last post and I'm reporting back with the results.

Not one bit of difference! :-(

I tried a low-fat high-cardio diet for 3 weeks and nothing.
    Then I tried a low-carb and high intensity weight training for 3 weeks and nothing.

I lost around 5 pounds in total, and too it all back on my cheat day.

For the last month I've been studying for my Master's degree and had virtually no time to train and no will to diet, so i just ate anything I liked (within reason of course) and what happened?

Nothing! Im EXACTLY the same weight as 10 weeks ago before going on either of the 2 diets.

It's time for some serious supplements. Someone recommended ECA stack to me. Any suggestions for a reliable online supplier (I live in the UK), or other suggestions on different supplements?

Please guys, I'm literally on my last nerves with this.
  17. Senior Member

have you tried doing a keto diet? i didn't read the whole thread, forgive me if it has been asked already.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.

Right lads, it's been about 10 weeks since my last post and I'm reporting back with the results.

Not one bit of difference! :-(

I tried a low-fat high-cardio diet for 3 weeks and nothing.
    Then I tried a low-carb and high intensity weight training for 3 weeks and nothing.

I lost around 5 pounds in total, and too it all back on my cheat day.

For the last month I've been studying for my Master's degree and had virtually no time to train and no will to diet, so i just ate anything I liked (within reason of course) and what happened?

Nothing! Im EXACTLY the same weight as 10 weeks ago before going on either of the 2 diets.

It's time for some serious supplements. Someone recommended ECA stack to me. Any suggestions for a reliable online supplier (I live in the UK), or other suggestions on different supplements?

Please guys, I'm literally on my last nerves with this.

If you gained all your body fat back you lost during your diet (5 pounds) in one day...you would have had to eat about 17,500 calories over your maintenance level for that day...as there are about 3,500 calories per pound of body fat.

I seriously doubt you did that. You probably ate a bunch of high salt foods (pizza, chips, etc.) and were just retaining extra water weight.

To me, it sounds like you need to focus on really getting in touch with your body. I can tell if I am light or heavy before I even stop on the scale. I know if I am holding extra water, extra food (waste) or if I just gained a few. Get in touch with your body. This is a LIFESTYLE, not some fad diet. If you are serious about wanting to look good, you will make a commitment to eating healthy all the time...not just while on your diet. Yup, you can still have cheat days...we all do. But make a real choice to fix the way you eat and exercise.

Good Luck!
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  145 lbs.

Drivehard, trust me I have done that.

When I originally lost nearly 50 pounds nearly 4 years ago, for the first 2 years after that, I wouldn't eat a single thing without checking the nutritional values.

I was actually driving people insane because I was becoming neurotic.

I wouldn't go out with my friends because I didn't want to be the only one not drinking/eating.

I would not visit my parents and grandparents because I refused to eat what they served and that made them feel very insulted.

I even had to turn down opportunities with girls because I thought I couldn't avoid temptation of so much as a damn soft drink if I went out on a date with them!

Honestly, I can't go back to that. Being afraid of eating anything, becoming anti-social by always ordering mineral water, never joining in with the griup when they ordered take-out.

And meanwhile, my best friend, had a natural bf % of less than 12%, is 6ft2, and can stuff his face with anything he likes and not gain an ounce of fat.

I AM in touch with my body and know perfectly well that I just can't do this naturally.

Sorry for the rant everyone, but I'm sure most of you know exactly how I feel.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.

Drivehard, trust me I have done that.

When I originally lost nearly 50 pounds nearly 4 years ago, for the first 2 years after that, I wouldn't eat a single thing without checking the nutritional values.

I was actually driving people insane because I was becoming neurotic.

I wouldn't go out with my friends because I didn't want to be the only one not drinking/eating.

I would not visit my parents and grandparents because I refused to eat what they served and that made them feel very insulted.

I even had to turn down opportunities with girls because I thought I couldn't avoid temptation of so much as a damn soft drink if I went out on a date with them!

Honestly, I can't go back to that. Being afraid of eating anything, becoming anti-social by always ordering mineral water, never joining in with the griup when they ordered take-out.

And meanwhile, my best friend, had a natural bf % of less than 12%, is 6ft2, and can stuff his face with anything he likes and not gain an ounce of fat.

I AM in touch with my body and know perfectly well that I just can't do this naturally.

Sorry for the rant everyone, but I'm sure most of you know exactly how I feel.

I do know what you are talking about...and I am that person you describe.

My maintenance calories are between 1800 and 2000 a day...all of it has to be clean, or I gain fat like crazy. Its in my jeans. My mom was obese, and my dad was not small either...and both of them eat much better than the normal American stuffing their pie-hole.

I also get crap for not eating "with the group" or drinking "with the group" I sat down my family, and explained to them what it means for me to eat right, and why I refuse to eat what they prepare sometimes. My friends give me crap all the time because I bring my own food or drinks when we hang out. To me, its worth it. I'm not normal...I stand out in a crowd, and I like it that way :-)

Yup, I have been through it all too...its still a decision you have to make. Stay in the fight, or get out and be normal. Some of us have to fight harder to stay lean...some of us have to eat tons and tons to gain an ounce. The goal is to find what works for your body and make a lifestyle out of it.

Don't turn down dates...if a girl doesn't like you for being who you want to be and eating healthy, she ain't worth it. My ex was exactly the opposite of me...would shove crap in her mouth all the time...we would have terrible arguments because she would say "eating blah blah is NOT going to kill you". Now I have a fiance who eats as clean as I do...its a match made in heaven.

Anyways...its your choice!
    I wish you the best of luck!
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Well you haven't ever listed what calories you were eating and what your actual workouts were. The only diet you listed was at the beginning, and it sucked. Post up what you have been eating when on your "diet" and how many calories and such. Post up what your workouts were when you didn't make any progress. You lost 5 pounds, then said gained it back on your cheat day. You just gained water weight back since you were on low carbs, no big deal.

If you don't know how many calories specifically you are eating, you are missing something.

Also, if your sister is a dietician, why can't she help you out?
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  145 lbs.

Whilst on the low-card diet, my diet was mostly turkey with salads and no dressing, and for breakfast/snacks, low-fat bacon and Ryvitta crackers with cottage cheese. Plus on the weight training days I would have two creatine/protein shakes.

My calorie intake would be between 1800 and 2000 (depending on the shakes), my fat intake was less than 50gr (10 saturated) and my carbs were less than 100 on the day I didn't have a shake, and around 120-140 on the days I did have a shake.

My workout would be 30 mins on the treadmill at 7km/ph at a 25% incline (works up a sweat like nothing else!) and 30 mins on the rowing machine.

My sister studied nutrition and dietetics but is working in real estate (I know, go figure!) so her help was only what she could remember from university 5 years ago.

Similar Forum Threads

1. persistant ache in arm
    By JoeyGoldcoast in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 04:28 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 05:53 PM
  3. Couple Charged in Home Liposuction Death
    By Jayhawkk in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 02:13 PM
  4. Liposuction in LA?