Need help loosing weight

Pain Eater

Awards
Hey, I Need to loose a lot of fat. I am 6'1" and 240 pounds. I have a good amount of muscle but a good amount of fat as well. I want to get down to about 200 pounds. What do you suggest I do as for cardio and diet? how long do you think this will take? And I want to loose little (if any) muscle.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There are a lot of threads all over AM on this subject.

First of all, losing fat and losing weight are two different things. If you are lifting weights and eating properly you can lose a fair bit of fat but not decrease in weight because of muscle gains. I would suggest that you focus on fat loss and do not be discouraged if you do not drop weight. These kind of goals take time. You may acheive the body you desire without losing any weight at all.

Focus on compound movements. Squats, Deadlifts, Rows, Pull-ups, Chin-Ups, Dips, Bench are all great for working out your entire body. Lifting 3 or 4 times a week is sufficient, and Adding some HIIT like sprints on off days will help speed up fat loss.

Diet is the most important. You should start off by eating about 300 calories under maintenance level. Be sure you are drinking lots of water, eating lots of veggies and getting enough protein and fats.

Pain Eater

Awards
Alright thanks. I ment loose fat the whole time, I just think of fat as (extra) weight.

GhstFceTrilla

Awards
Okay, first lets take a look at your diet. What did you eat yesterday, for each of your meals?