CKD calories?

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
OK i'm gonna try the CKD for the next 6 weeks and see the result. My body fat was tested when i weighed 200 lbs and it was 15%. So:

That makes my maintenance calories 2360, my cutting calories 1500.
My daily protien should be 170 grams
My daily carb intake should be 30 grams
My daily fat intake should be ???

I think all that math is right, let me know if it isn't. I cant find how to calculate my fat grams for the day. Also i know you spread the meals out over 6-8 times throughout the day, but does it matter when the fat is consumed? I was going to try to eat it in the morning/lunch period, and just protein in the evening. And at what point should i recalculate as im now 190?

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind that the 2360 calories that are calculated only take into account that you can breathe. This is your basal metabolic rate (terry schiavo rate). Depending on your workouts and lifestyle you can almost double that rate. If you have a decent routine going and are doing cardio most days of the week you should be starting out eating around 2500 (even thats a little low, I feel).

2.2lbs of pure fat contain 9,000 calories (therefore you would have to eat roughly 1,300 calories under your total calorie intake to burn a kilo of fat (assuming you are burning 100% fat).

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
I think that is far to low! Search around and find the BMR calculater, and recalc, and multiply by you formula for you workouts. I'm at 196 right now, have no clue on the bf, mabye 20's. I have been on the CKD diet now for 4 weeks and have dropped 19 lbs. My maintance is around 2900, so im diflict 500 at 2400. I "think" my fats are around 160 or so. Here is what my diet looks like, hope this kind of helps you out,

2 eggs
1 scoop protein with water
2 tbsp of pb
1 tbsp of heavy cream
1 large cup of coffee
1 tbsp of olive oil

can of tuna
two slices of cheese
1 tbsp of mayo

chicken breast
1 cup of veggies

can of tuna
1 scoop of protein with water
1 tbsp of mayo

2 tbsp of pb
workout
1 scoop protein with water

steak/talipia/lean burger
1 cup of veggies
1 tbsp olive oil
2 slices of cheese

1 scoop of protein with water

I dont have my breakdown with me but it is around, protein-277, carbs-24, fats-160, and 2404 calories.

That is my daily intake, if find I get into ketosis in about 2 days. I consume 1 gallon of water ED. A diet soda here and there to keep sain. On the weekends, I try to keep it as clean as I can, but sometimes i go all out. I consume a few pieces of fruit just before my workout on friday, and carb, carb, carb all weekend. Hope this helps you out a bit.

Good luck. Here is a link to my progress in one month. I did run clen for 2 weeks, and now am running Lipo 6.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/120088-my-transformation.html#post1914519

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
Thanks. I havnt ever been in Ketosis so i hope it kicks in fast. Ive got 6 weeks to try and lose another 15 lbs. At least 10 im hopin for. As far as your carb loading on the weekends, what do you use? Lots of whole grains/veggies? Seems the best/healthiest way, but im sure ill need some fries at some point so i dont start eating my furniture.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I havnt ever been in Ketosis so i hope it kicks in fast. Ive got 6 weeks to try and lose another 15 lbs. At least 10 im hopin for. As far as your carb loading on the weekends, what do you use? Lots of whole grains/veggies? Seems the best/healthiest way, but im sure ill need some fries at some point so i dont start eating my furniture.
You should have no problem loosing 10 lbs or more. Today is my 31st day and I have dropped a total of 20 lbs. On weekends, I try to keep it clean, but it doesnt work most of the time. I try to do a lot of whole grain pasta, but like this weekend I ended up eating lots of hamburger helper, and bean burritos. I try to really load up on the fruit and oatmeal on weekends as well. The first few days suck!! But it gets better. I'm going to run another 2 weeks or so, and slowly re-intruduce carbs into my diet, like fruit or oatmeal before I lift. Good luck.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Where the hell are you getting these caloric totals?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You should be CUTTING with 2500 and maintaining with something like 3000