First Real Cut...

sw0l31

Awards
Hello everyone. I've been around for a lil while and finally decided to start documenting my workouts so I can track progress and get where I want to be.
I figured that this will help me stay motivated a lil better than just doing it on my own.

My stats I'm 33 YO 5' 11" and 215 LBS. I have done a few PH cycles that I have seen some amazing results from in the past and would like to make those new hard earned muscles shine..

I have 6 years of steady workout experience played sports in school and stuff. So I have stayed athletic over the years. I am in the Army and have been in for 4 years as of now.

I am going to be following the Scivation cut diet and consuming 7 meals a day totaling up to 2500 cals to start. I figured that was a good place to start for my body weight.

I want to get down to about 185-190 and shredded. Not for competitions or anything just to feel and look better for myself. I also want to see if I can push myself to stick to it.

Sorry for the long post.. here's my supplement list so far...

ON Whey Protein
CLA
DCP
Lean Xtreme
Vaso Charge
Xtend
Multi
and Casein Protein.

My work outs will be M-W-F AM Cardio for 45 min and weights in the PM
Tuesday and Thursday will be weights followed by 20 min of cardio. I'm trying to find that sweet spot as far as dosing goes for these supps..

Any Advice or comments good or bad would be nice to keep me motivated. I'll try to log progress daily but at least every week.. Being a Soldier isn't the easiest job in the world ya know..

Anyway thanks in advance..

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey man,

On a cutting stint atm myself, down around 12lbs in 5 weeks.

The first thing that stands out for me is the amount of supps your taking at the start of the cutting. Basically your blowing your load at the start of the marathon.

That said, the most important part here is missing; your diet.

You can shovel down the supps by the boat load but you aint losing nothing without the right diet, not to mention lose some of that lean mass you worked so hard to obtain.

(Props on the Xtend though, its a staple for me)

sw0l31

Awards
Thanks for the response O-Hero. I understand what you mean by taking the supps.. I may just hold off for a while... I have been trying to cut "weight" for a little while now.. Maybe a few months but I wen home on leave for a month and ate garbage.. All the foods I missed while away from home... So I'm still playing catch up.. But getting back to where I was before I left nicely now..

As far as my diet.. I eat pretty clean already lean chicken, tuna and fish when I can get it.. But my current diet looks like this;

Cut Diet 2500
DURING Workout Shake = 4-8 scoops Xtend (Bodyweight pending – 0.17g BCAAs/lb
bodyweight) in 20-24 oz cold water

Meal 1 12 egg whites
1 whole egg
1.5 cup steamed Broccoli or green beans or 8 oz steamed asparagus
12 almonds
6.5 oz PEELED ruby red grapefruit or 99g blueberries
49g protein, 30g carbohydrates, 15g fat

Meal 2 2.5 scoops Scivation Whey
2 tbsp peanut butter
49g protein, 15g carbohydrates, 15g fat

Meal 3 7 oz grilled chicken breast or halibut/tilapia or Sirloin fillet or Tuna
(albacore packed/canned in water)
1.5 cup steamed Broccoli or green beans or 12 oz steamed asparagus
2 tbsp peanut butter or 18 almonds

Meal 4 7 oz grilled chicken breast or halibut/tilapia or Sirloin fillet or Tuna
(albacore packed/canned in water)
2 tbsp peanut butter or 18 almonds

Meal 5 7 oz grilled chicken breast or halibut/tilapia or Sirloin fillet or Tuna
(albacore packed/canned in water)+ 5g GlutaForm
18 almonds

Meal 6 2.5 scoops Scivation Whey
3 oz avocado or 18 almonds
6.5 oz PEELED ruby red grapefruit or 99g blueberries
49g protein, 30g carbohydrates, 15g fat
Protein – 294 = 1176 Calories, Carbohydrates (not including Carbohydrate night) –
120g = 480 Calories, Fat – 90g = 810 Calories
Total Calories – 2466 Calories NON-carbohydrate night

Tonight's work out was great.. Did shoulders...I took the Xtend with a little Vasocharge and my gym partner was like " Man what are you taking" I felt a lot more energy while sipping on the Xtend through the workout.

lamboruns

Awards
One thing I have found out is that different things work for different body types.

For me I have been cutting for 2 months and am Down 27 lbs. Getting tough now the last few Lbs of fat are a lot harder to lose for me. They stay in my lower abs/back.

What has worked well for me is eating 100% of any fruit carbs or anything with flour before 2pm. After 2pm I only eat lean protein and veggies.
Looks like you are doing the same type thing.
Might have to play with the total calories per day. I have to cut mine wayyyyy back to lose fat. 66 almonds a day seems extreme to me as well.

sw0l31

Awards
Man 27lbs in 2 months... thats good stuff.. great job on your progress lamboruns... I'll take you advice ito consideration if I get stuck in a rut.. I want to stickl to this diet for a few weeks to track my progress then make subtle changes from there..

I thought that 66 almonds was a lot too.. but if I cut them out then my fat g's will drop too low. I need to take in good fats to lose fat... in moderation though..

Tonights work out will be Arms and calves...
exercise sets x reps current weight lifted
Barbell Curl 4x15 85lbs 105 lbs 125 lbs 125 lbs
Close Grip Bench 4x10 135,155,165,175
Cable Curl 4x15 85,100,125,135
Tricep Pressdown 4x 15 140,160,180,200
Standing Calf Raise 4x20 225x4
Seated Calf Raise 4x20 135

Followed by 20 minutes of cardio on an eliptical level 5

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Seems high in Omega 3 but very low in Omega 6 balance mate.

66 Almonds are required to get sufficient O3 figures but perhaps consider a more potent source of these like flax oil or linseeds.

Anyways lets wait until your first weigh in before considring any changes.

Thomp

Awards
Just a quick question what is extend? And who makes it so i can read up on it. For some reason when i do a search no real info pops up on it. just a bunch of people mentioning it
Thanks in advance

sw0l31

Awards
Well thanks for the replies guys.. It really helps to see that other people actually read these things..

Anyways I hit the gym on Friday Arms and calves.. Pumps on the vaso charge were pretty good.. Energy levels have been good too.. Lots of energy for the cardiop session after the weights..

Easter Sunday.... Got bored sitting around so I decided to hit the gym for a few.. Did some shoulders and hit a little chest just enough to get a pump(no homo) then went on and did 30 minutes of cardio..

As far as my diet goes... its getting easier to eat now.. it seemed like I was working hard to eat on time and remembering what to eat.. I got it down pretty much now...
I feel better throughout the day not like when I used to eat 3 meals a day.

My body is looking better in the mirror.. although some places I noticed are a little jiggley.. I'm not sure why though.. Any input???

lamboruns

Awards
I think that is from the fat cells contracting. You always have the same number of actual fat cells when you "lose fat" they just get smaller. Pretty sure thats right anyways.

sw0l31

Awards
Felt a little wierd all day... almost lethargic... dunno what it is yet but its like I get little boosts of energy here and there.. I'm thinking cause its so hot over here I'm not sleeping very well.. But we'll see in the am when I get up..

Work out was pretty good despite feeling lethargic..

Hit chest pretty good..
flat bench 225x10 x 5
incline 205x 10x 5
decline 225x10x5
cable flies 40 each side x5
pull ups body weight 10x5

Had energy throughout the workout and recovery time was better than normal..
Strength is about the same.. which I think is pretty good considering the calorie deficit.
I'm thinking that the xtend is doing what its supposed to do.. good stuff.. I'm impressed so far. Vaso charge is still giving me some decent pumps.. but I'm only in my second week.. we shall see when the cals go down..

Still haven't gotten on the scale yet.. I forgot to.. oh well I'll hop on it tomorrow afternoon just to see where I am..for now gonna try to get some rest..

sw0l31

Awards
Quick update.. been pretty busy the last few weeks and away from the computer..

My body is going through some changes.. I can feel and see. I have lost 5 pounds so far and am feeling firmer in the sections that were jiggley.. Workouts are going great. I have a lot of energy sometimes to the point where its getting hard to get to sleep. Maybe its cause I ahve a lot on my mind its hard to shut down sometimes..

Diet is getting easier by the day.. I had a cheat sheet telling me what and when to eat in the beginning now I have it down pat pretty much..

I'm guessing that I'm on the right track.. I'm also getting a few comments from people that I haven't seen for a week or so. This helps alot too.. well I'll keep updating as I get time.. Thanks for following..