hiit 12 mins or 25?

snyper2k2

Awards
Will it be better for me to do hiit on an empty stomack for 12 mins every morning 3 days on 1 day off. Or 25 mins every morning 1 day on 1 day off? I'm bearly starting to cut and I haven't done an hiit routine before. I'm at like 26 bf and I'm 5`11 weigh about 250. Clean diet and now I'm doing moderate lifting compared to last month when I was really lifting.

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2

wbted23

wbted23

Awards
HIIT is very demanding on the body, so I wouldnt do it on an empty stomache like that personally...just do regular cardio in the morning if thats your goal. It takes a lot of energy, so I dont think you will get much out of it on an empty stomache. I think HIIT is best shorter and more intense, so that you can really sprint during the intervals. This way, you can help prevent muscle loss as you are burning calories.

Also, it depends on your goal. Shorter HIIT will only be burning calories from fat, where as longer cardio sessions will burn more calories, but from other sources. That is why shorter HIIT sessions are ideal for trying to maintain muscle mass while cutting.

snyper2k2

Awards
Would a protein shake before hiit be good?

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
True HIIT can't be done for 25 minutes. You should be completely exhausted after 15 and dead by 20. Empty stomach walks first thing in the morning are great for fat loss. I'd suggest that for 2-3 weeks first. Incline, keep the HR at about 130bpm and drop that fat!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
True HIIT can't be done for 25 minutes. You should be completely exhausted after 15 and dead by 20. Empty stomach walks first thing in the morning are great for fat loss. I'd suggest that for 2-3 weeks first. Incline, keep the HR at about 130bpm and drop that fat!
I tend to agree when your doing full out sprints i'm usually dead by around the 5th or 6th real sprinting takes ALOT out of you

snyper2k2

Awards
So you would recomend 12 mins a day? or 15 ever other day?

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
HIIT can work fasted, its just that you usually get tired faster without having anything in your stomach.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I cant imagine doing HIIT For 25 min it is so demanding if you do it right stick to 12 min or so very high intensity. Ive never tried on empty stomach but due to the intensity of it and how dead it makes me i wouldnt reccomend it.

dpfisher

12 min on an empty stomach is doable, but I don't think 25mins on an empty stomach is even possible, I usually want to pass out by about 7 minutes in

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I love fasted cardio...but NOT HIIT. 25 mins is way too much, 12-15 is more like it. but being in the condition your described, I recommend just normal cardio, or incline walking. Rome wasn't built in a day ;)