Need supplement for energy for sex..on low calorie diet

hkskyy

Awards
Before I going into my main and most important question, please advise me on a couple of matters.
I have been on my training program for 1 month now. I think I have lost about 5% bf. I am not sure if I am pinching it accurately. This is my workout.

Monday: chest and back 1 hr
Tuesday: kickboxing 1.5 hrs
Wednesday: arms and shoulders 1hr
Thursday: yoga 1.5hr
Friday: legs and back 1hr
Saturday: boxing 1.5hr
Sunday: off

Yes, yoga! hehehe....it helps my flexibility and core muscles for the kicking and punching. When I am lifting, I do not left heavy weights. First because I am trying to get my body back to a better condition before heavy lifting. Second, I do not rest between the sets, so I can't use heavy weights. Each exercise is 2x15. I feel my body is ready for heavy lifting now. My question is should I change it to heavier weights like 3x10 or 5x5 even. My goal is to gain muscle while losing bf at the same time, but I am not looking for massive size. I guess strength and muscle endurance is what I am after. This would help me tremendously getting back into martial arts again.

My weight is at 201 now. I have been on a 1600 cal per day clean diet with a cheat day. I eat whatever I have a craving for but less than 2500 calories on the cheat day. The only carbs I eat are from 2 packs of oat meal (110 cal, 18g carbs, no sugar each) for breakfast and the rest are from vegetables and fruits. I tried not to eat that many carbs, but I could not do my job analyzing oil well logs for potential hydrocarbon.

I used to be hungry every 2 hours when I started the diet. Now, sometimes I do not even need the snacks between meals. I only feel hungry after 3 to 4 hrs. I have dinner at 7pm and do my workout at 9pm. I used to be hungry post workout but I do not eat because I sleep around 11pm. The hunger is not as profound now. Maybe my body is getting used to it? I am not on any supplements, so I do not think it is appetite suppression. I do not want to go into starvation mode, so any advice is appreciated.

Supplements
I have looked at a few that might help me. I am very motivated by the results I have gotten so far. I want to maintain that motivation by helping my program along with some supps. Should I take some protein, BCAA, or glutamine that everyone is talking about? Which is a good tasting low carbs shake that has all these in them that you recommend. I have read some things about Xtend. Does this mean I have to cut down on solid food to remain at 1600 cal?

The most important problem I have is lack of energy. My wife and I are trying to conceive. I do not want any supps that would change my hormone production besides the hormones produced by working out. I am thinking of an ECA/DCP stack. I tried searching for this but couldn't find any mention of anyone doing this before. Dsade...your thoughts on this stack would be great! The other option is DCP/LR. With a lower cal diet and workout, I do not have the extra energy for sex every night. My wife wants it every night until she conceives! I am NOT complaining! To borrow the words of Samuel Jackson in one of his movies, "It's my duty to please that booty!"

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
First of all, you are tired because you are NOT eating enough. 1600 calories is WAY too low for even me to eat on a daily basis! Bump those cals back up and I'm sure that your energy will follow.

You should only need to eat 300-500 calories below maintenance to lose fat, and it looks to me like you could be eating even 1000 below maintenance or more. You will NOT be able to recomp with the calorie deficit you are at. There is no way will be able to gain muscle at the 1600 cals a day. Even with steroids that would be tough. :/

So, figure out what your maintenance is and subtract 300 from that. BCAAs will help you maintain muscle on your deficit, so I would highly recommend that you pick some up. If you still feel low on energy while just 300 cals below maintenance, X-Force is a great energy booster/fat loss supplement that I have always loved and found to work very well.

hkskyy

Awards
Hmmm...somehow I left out the activity factor. My RMR is 1852. Factor in the 3-5 days workout makes it 2871. Wow!! I eat 2300-2500 calories? Is my calculation correct? That's a lot of food. I guess I should drink protein shake or something. Gotta do more research. I thought I had it too....thx babywifey

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm...somehow I left out the activity factor. My RMR is 1852. Factor in the 3-5 days workout makes it 2871. Wow!! I eat 2300-2500 calories? Is my calculation correct? That's a lot of food. I guess I should drink protein shake or something. Gotta do more research. I thought I had it too....thx babywifey

Yeah, that seems about right. How tall are you, though?

I'd start off with 2500. As time goes on calculate your progress- keep a close eye on yourself in the mirror. Look for any signs of progress.

You said earlier that calculations came out to losing 5% BF in one month. While you may have lost that much fat, I would be willing to bet that you lost a fair amount of muscle as well since you were eating only 1500 cals.