Boxing....any good tutorial sites?

jimmbow

jimmbow

Awards
So once I finish my v-diet, I want to start doing some boxing as a means of cardio(I have a leg issue so I can only do HIIT once or twice a week without being in lots of pain). Does anyone know of any good video or sites that will teach me some basics? I dont really want to go in the gym and start swinging like a jackass. I also dont want to pay $$ for lessons.

SamuraiSid

Awards
Id say YouTube, but there is an awful lot of bullshit on there. I am by no means a martial artist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

Ive trained with a few Muay Thai practitioners, and the best advice I can give you is to go slow. If you swing as hard as possible your going to look sloppy, and pathetic. Strt off slow, and never worry about hitting the bag hard, you just have to make contact. Dance around about, jab, jab, cross. Dance around some more, throw a few hooks, then cross.
Do that for 15-20 minutes and you'll be sweating bullets.

imenraged

Awards
do a google search for Bas Ruten, it's called the MMA Workout CD and DVD

It is a set of 4 dvd's and cd's that go thru a boxing/kickboxing/mixed martials arts training program, based on a number combo system. The dvd's show you what to do and the CD's are based on 2 to 3 minute rounds. It is intense. I own the set, it's one of the best investments I've made.:dl:

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Go torrent Title Boxing, they have a whole 20 part series. I used to box and was runner up at the gloves in 2008.