just lost 6.5 lbs in 30 mins :/

doyoudo911

Awards
I got to the gym today and weighed my self for 184. 30 mins into the workout I weighed myself again and was back to my original weight of 177.5.

My question is why did i lose that 6.5 lbs during the workout?

And when is the best time to weight myself besides the AM when u wake up and take a ****?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I got to the gym today and weighed my self for 184. 30 mins into the workout I weighed myself again and was back to my original weight of 177.5.

And when is the best time to weight myself besides the AM when u wake up and take a ****?
yea crack cocaine will melt the weight off, good going.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
just kidding.......but the best time to weight yourself is yes, in the morning, after you have a movement before your shake or food.....just make it the same time everyday. it doesn't really matter the scale weight anyway man,it matters how you look, unless your going into a weight class for something. remember muscle weights more than fat does

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established

Well any weight you lose in 30 min is water weight from sweating. However, 6.5 lbs of water weight loss means you were almost 4% dehydrated, which is pretty dehydrated. Were you doing cardio with plastic garbage bags taped to your skin? I know sometimes when I'm trying to make competition weight I can drop water like that but I feel like sh*t when I'm that dehydrated. Did you use the same scale for both weights? Are you sure you weren't holding a 5 lb weight the first time cause thats a big difference in 30 minutes.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
just kidding.......but the best time to weight yourself is yes, in the morning, after you have a movement before your shake or food.....just make it the same time everyday. it doesn't really matter the scale weight anyway man,it matters how you look, unless your going into a weight class for something. remember muscle weights more than fat does
Right - the mirror is more important than the scale unless you are trying to make weight. And if you're trying to make weight you usually trying for lower numbers.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
were you dressed the first time and then weighed in after? When I am cutting I can do that but it's pretty hard without a sweat suit and heavy cardio or sauna. Also I know at the gym we have like 3 scales and i can weigh different on each one..

doyoudo911

Awards

ty

Well any weight you lose in 30 min is water weight from sweating. However, 6.5 lbs of water weight loss means you were almost 4% dehydrated, which is pretty dehydrated. Were you doing cardio with plastic garbage bags taped to your skin? I know sometimes when I'm trying to make competition weight I can drop water like that but I feel like sh*t when I'm that dehydrated. Did you use the same scale for both weights? Are you sure you weren't holding a 5 lb weight the first time cause thats a big difference in 30 minutes.
i do not think i was dehydrated i drink about 30 floz while working out. yes i used the same scale.

were you dressed the first time and then weighed in after? When I am cutting I can do that but it's pretty hard without a sweat suit and heavy cardio or sauna. Also I know at the gym we have like 3 scales and i can weigh different on each one..
i was wearing the same exact amount of clothing

ughhh lol this is confusing -_-

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
Yuppers, I used to lose about 10 pounds during a wrestling practice in high school. Go in super hydrated, and come out soaked to the bone. 5 to 6 pound practices were "light" days. Can't say I have ever sweated that much just working out though.

doyoudo911

Awards
also it does matter about weight bc right now im posting a log, and people want to know the amount of weight gained and lost

doyoudo911

Awards
Yuppers, I used to lose about 10 pounds during a wrestling practice in high school. Go in super hydrated, and come out soaked to the bone. 5 to 6 pound practices were "light" days. Can't say I have ever sweated that much just working out though.
lol yea also....im not one of those guys that gets all sweaty at the gym

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
I call BS. There is NO WAY that you lost 6.5 lbs in 30 minutes! Even with heavy sweats/plastic on, that would take well over an hour. You would have to take a huge piss, a huge dump, and probably throw up within that 30 minute period.
What I'm saying is that the scale is obviously inaccurate or you are weighing yourself in wrong (like wearing heavy clothes before and stripping naked after).

doyoudo911

Awards
I call BS. There is NO WAY that you lost 6.5 lbs in 30 minutes! Even with heavy sweats/plastic on, that would take well over an hour. You would have to take a huge piss, a huge dump, and probably throw up within that 30 minute period.
What I'm saying is that the scale is obviously inaccurate or you are weighing yourself in wrong (like wearing heavy clothes before and stripping naked after).
lol y would i bs about this, im trying to bulk up and put on mass. and no i did not do any of that.

and you have a good point the scale is prob inaccurate, i guess ill have to use my electronic scale at home :/

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
6.5 lbs in 30 min i wish i could do that

JDK5386

I used to lose 6-8 pounds per wrestling practice, but this was 3-3.5 hours of intense working out, and I was 275 at the time. So my guess is that the OP didn't weigh correctly.

6.5 lbs in 30 min i wish i could do that
Its mostly water weight, it all comes back after you drink. The absolute most he could burn in 30 minutes would be around 750 calories, which would be about 1/5th of a pound.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Its probably just the scale... sometimes if you stand on them different than you normally do it will register different

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
What I'm saying is that the scale is obviously inaccurate
One of the primary rules of physics is the conservation of mass. The ONLY way you can step on a scale a second time and weigh less than you did the first time is if you either A) metabolized fatty mass into energy + CO2 + H2O, B) excreted H2O from your bladder, C) excreted solid waste, D) Cut off part of your body, like a finger or hand. Option A tends to only result in a minor amount of immediate MASS loss since you produce water and therefore need to excrete the water to actually reduce your mass. (Although the shape of your body might change) You claim you did not partake in options B or C and we are assuming option D is not the case. Therefore the scale is broken. Try taking a 5 lb weight, 45 lb weight, 2 45 lb weights and see if the scale weighs them correctly.

wbted23

wbted23

Awards
even if you drank that much water while you worked out, if you do not drink enough before you work out, and throughout the day, it will be of little help to you. drinking large amounts during/right before will just go right thru you, and will not help to keep your body hydrated.

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
definitely water weight. My buddy is a wrestler and on average hell lose 5-6 lbs after a 30 mins cardio session.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Why in the world are you weighing yourself twice a day? WTF? Weigh yourself once a week. Period. Scales are overrated.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
i remember seeing something on tv about someone gaining 15 pounds of water weight over nite...it was on one of those medical mystery channels...i was half asleep so i didnt hear the whole story...water weight is a crazy thing..i guess

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
definitely water weight. My buddy is a wrestler and on average hell lose 5-6 lbs after a 30 mins cardio session.
Your buddy is exaggerating. Myself and most of my friends are wrestlers, and it will generally take an entire practice for most people to drop 6 lbs of sweat. 30 minutes is unheard of. Besides, the OP isn't claiming to be cutting weight in a sweatsuit for 30 minutes, but just lifting normally. So there has to be something very wrong with his scale.

doyoudo911

Awards
i think i am deff gonna give that a try( putting a 45 lbs weight on or some weight) and see if its the scale

Why in the world are you weighing yourself twice a day? WTF? Weigh yourself once a week. Period. Scales are overrated.
well i weigh my self everyday bc im going a log right now in the I-force section on DMZ. I tend to go on the scale 1-2 times while at the gym to get pumped up (its some mental thing i got lol)

i remember seeing something on tv about someone gaining 15 pounds of water weight over nite...it was on one of those medical mystery channels...i was half asleep so i didnt hear the whole story...water weight is a crazy thing..i guess
:eek:mfg: