just lost 6.5 lbs in 30 mins :/ - AnabolicMinds.com

just lost 6.5 lbs in 30 mins :/

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

just lost 6.5 lbs in 30 mins :/

I got to the gym today and weighed my self for 184. 30 mins into the workout I weighed myself again and was back to my original weight of 177.5.

My question is why did i lose that 6.5 lbs during the workout?

And when is the best time to weight myself besides the AM when u wake up and take a ****?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by doyoudo911 View Post
    I got to the gym today and weighed my self for 184. 30 mins into the workout I weighed myself again and was back to my original weight of 177.5.

And when is the best time to weight myself besides the AM when u wake up and take a ****?
    yea crack cocaine will melt the weight off, good going.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

just kidding.......but the best time to weight yourself is yes, in the morning, after you have a movement before your shake or food.....just make it the same time everyday. it doesn't really matter the scale weight anyway man,it matters how you look, unless your going into a weight class for something. remember muscle weights more than fat does
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

Well any weight you lose in 30 min is water weight from sweating. However, 6.5 lbs of water weight loss means you were almost 4% dehydrated, which is pretty dehydrated. Were you doing cardio with plastic garbage bags taped to your skin? I know sometimes when I'm trying to make competition weight I can drop water like that but I feel like sh*t when I'm that dehydrated. Did you use the same scale for both weights? Are you sure you weren't holding a 5 lb weight the first time cause thats a big difference in 30 minutes.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

just kidding.......but the best time to weight yourself is yes, in the morning, after you have a movement before your shake or food.....just make it the same time everyday. it doesn't really matter the scale weight anyway man,it matters how you look, unless your going into a weight class for something. remember muscle weights more than fat does
    Right - the mirror is more important than the scale unless you are trying to make weight. And if you're trying to make weight you usually trying for lower numbers.
  6. Professional Member

were you dressed the first time and then weighed in after? When I am cutting I can do that but it's pretty hard without a sweat suit and heavy cardio or sauna. Also I know at the gym we have like 3 scales and i can weigh different on each one..
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post

ty

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    Well any weight you lose in 30 min is water weight from sweating. However, 6.5 lbs of water weight loss means you were almost 4% dehydrated, which is pretty dehydrated. Were you doing cardio with plastic garbage bags taped to your skin? I know sometimes when I'm trying to make competition weight I can drop water like that but I feel like sh*t when I'm that dehydrated. Did you use the same scale for both weights? Are you sure you weren't holding a 5 lb weight the first time cause thats a big difference in 30 minutes.
    i do not think i was dehydrated i drink about 30 floz while working out. yes i used the same scale.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedup View Post
    were you dressed the first time and then weighed in after? When I am cutting I can do that but it's pretty hard without a sweat suit and heavy cardio or sauna. Also I know at the gym we have like 3 scales and i can weigh different on each one..
    i was wearing the same exact amount of clothing

ughhh lol this is confusing -_-
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  199 lbs.

Yuppers, I used to lose about 10 pounds during a wrestling practice in high school. Go in super hydrated, and come out soaked to the bone. 5 to 6 pound practices were "light" days. Can't say I have ever sweated that much just working out though.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

also it does matter about weight bc right now im posting a log, and people want to know the amount of weight gained and lost
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by drivehard View Post
    Yuppers, I used to lose about 10 pounds during a wrestling practice in high school. Go in super hydrated, and come out soaked to the bone. 5 to 6 pound practices were "light" days. Can't say I have ever sweated that much just working out though.
    lol yea also....im not one of those guys that gets all sweaty at the gym
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Thumbs down

I call BS. There is NO WAY that you lost 6.5 lbs in 30 minutes! Even with heavy sweats/plastic on, that would take well over an hour. You would have to take a huge piss, a huge dump, and probably throw up within that 30 minute period.
    What I'm saying is that the scale is obviously inaccurate or you are weighing yourself in wrong (like wearing heavy clothes before and stripping naked after).
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 87 View Post
    I call BS. There is NO WAY that you lost 6.5 lbs in 30 minutes! Even with heavy sweats/plastic on, that would take well over an hour. You would have to take a huge piss, a huge dump, and probably throw up within that 30 minute period.
    What I'm saying is that the scale is obviously inaccurate or you are weighing yourself in wrong (like wearing heavy clothes before and stripping naked after).
    lol y would i bs about this, im trying to bulk up and put on mass. and no i did not do any of that.

and you have a good point the scale is prob inaccurate, i guess ill have to use my electronic scale at home :/
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

6.5 lbs in 30 min i wish i could do that
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot903 View Post
    Sweet. Lose 52lbs in 4 hours at that pace.
  15. JDK5386

I used to lose 6-8 pounds per wrestling practice, but this was 3-3.5 hours of intense working out, and I was 275 at the time. So my guess is that the OP didn't weigh correctly.

Its mostly water weight, it all comes back after you drink. The absolute most he could burn in 30 minutes would be around 750 calories, which would be about 1/5th of a pound.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

Its probably just the scale... sometimes if you stand on them different than you normally do it will register different
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

What I'm saying is that the scale is obviously inaccurate
    One of the primary rules of physics is the conservation of mass. The ONLY way you can step on a scale a second time and weigh less than you did the first time is if you either A) metabolized fatty mass into energy + CO2 + H2O, B) excreted H2O from your bladder, C) excreted solid waste, D) Cut off part of your body, like a finger or hand. Option A tends to only result in a minor amount of immediate MASS loss since you produce water and therefore need to excrete the water to actually reduce your mass. (Although the shape of your body might change) You claim you did not partake in options B or C and we are assuming option D is not the case. Therefore the scale is broken. Try taking a 5 lb weight, 45 lb weight, 2 45 lb weights and see if the scale weighs them correctly.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  153 lbs.

even if you drank that much water while you worked out, if you do not drink enough before you work out, and throughout the day, it will be of little help to you. drinking large amounts during/right before will just go right thru you, and will not help to keep your body hydrated.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

definitely water weight. My buddy is a wrestler and on average hell lose 5-6 lbs after a 30 mins cardio session.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Why in the world are you weighing yourself twice a day? WTF? Weigh yourself once a week. Period. Scales are overrated.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.

i remember seeing something on tv about someone gaining 15 pounds of water weight over nite...it was on one of those medical mystery channels...i was half asleep so i didnt hear the whole story...water weight is a crazy thing..i guess
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lciaccio View Post
    definitely water weight. My buddy is a wrestler and on average hell lose 5-6 lbs after a 30 mins cardio session.
    Your buddy is exaggerating. Myself and most of my friends are wrestlers, and it will generally take an entire practice for most people to drop 6 lbs of sweat. 30 minutes is unheard of. Besides, the OP isn't claiming to be cutting weight in a sweatsuit for 30 minutes, but just lifting normally. So there has to be something very wrong with his scale.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.

i think i am deff gonna give that a try( putting a 45 lbs weight on or some weight) and see if its the scale

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Why in the world are you weighing yourself twice a day? WTF? Weigh yourself once a week. Period. Scales are overrated.
    well i weigh my self everyday bc im going a log right now in the I-force section on DMZ. I tend to go on the scale 1-2 times while at the gym to get pumped up (its some mental thing i got lol)

Quote Originally Posted by plenny View Post
    i remember seeing something on tv about someone gaining 15 pounds of water weight over nite...it was on one of those medical mystery channels...i was half asleep so i didnt hear the whole story...water weight is a crazy thing..i guess
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Why take HGH out of fridge for 30 mins ?
    By bengelha in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 10:21 PM
  2. hiit 12 mins or 25?
    By snyper2k2 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 07:25 AM
  3. From Nutraplanet to my house! Under 10 mins!
    By PumpYouUp in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 12:03 AM
  4. Lost 6%
    By ShapeUP in forum Pics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 01:51 AM