What exactly is Albuterol?

MoparRob

Awards
Just kinda browsing the weight loss section today and started to see alot of references to Albuterol. Read and searched a little bit more and I think I determined its some sort of stimulant? Could some one clarify this, the reason why I ask is because I got pretty sick about six months ago and was given Albuterol in both inhaler form and for use in a vaborizer. I never noticed any stimulant side effects? Thanks!

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
I believe it's a bronchiodilator asthma med. Apparently the stim effects are more prominent in high dosage but imo it's not really any good for much to a weight lifter. I believe that bicycle racers use it for the dilation and increased oxygen uptake factor but I could be wrong.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
It works really well, when you can't breathe. I don't know of anyone getting ripped from using it though.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Albuterol much alike clenbuterol is a bronchiodilator. Meant as an asthma med but discovered to have stim effects due to its stimulation of beta-2 receptor and creating a thermo effect as well. Very fast weight loss predominantly bodyfat is the main effect. Albuterol expect nothing from the inhaler form but if you use a tablet form in very high doses it is comparable to clen....

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
Just kinda browsing the weight loss section today and started to see alot of references to Albuterol. Read and searched a little bit more and I think I determined its some sort of stimulant? Could some one clarify this, the reason why I ask is because I got pretty sick about six months ago and was given Albuterol in both inhaler form and for use in a vaborizer. I never noticed any stimulant side effects? Thanks!
Albuterol is a beta-agonist in the same class of drugs as Clenbuterol. It is shorter acting however, with similar anabolic, anti-catabolic, and fat-loss properties. In fact, it is considered to be superior to Clen by many bodybuilders because its positive effects are generally greater, with less side-effects, i.e. hand tremors, rapid heartbeat, etc. Inhalers do not deliver near enough of a dose have effect though. Dosing with tablets is usually 4-8mg 3 x day, depending on a persons tolerance. This stuff really works and is backed up by numerous research studies showing its efficacy.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Half life is like 4 hrs which is much less then clen but the sides are reportedly much less harsh than clen

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Correct me if i am wrong but clen is just albuterol with a longer half life, which is the reason it has not been approved by the FDA.

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
Correct me if i am wrong but clen is just albuterol with a longer half life, which is the reason it has not been approved by the FDA.
It's not as simple as that. That's almost like saying Ibuprofen is the same as aspirin because they are both NSAID's. They belong to the same class of drug but have different properties. As I said, there are human studies showing the anabolic properties of Abuterol, whereas most, if not all studies showing promising anabolic effects of Clenbuterol were done on animals. These effects never translated to humans though, and almost everyone who uses Clen is disappointed with its muscle building effects. Not so, with Albuterol. Albuterol's side-effects are also more well tolerated by most people. I just ordered a bunch of 8mg tabs of Albuterol. Its very cheap and I've been wanting to give it a try. I was very disappointed with Clen.

I'll find the studies I have and post some of the text.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
It's not as simple as that. That's almost like saying Ibuprofen is the same as aspirin because they are both NSAID's. They belong to the same class of drug but have different properties. As I said, there are human studies showing the anabolic properties of Abuterol, whereas most, if not all studies showing promising anabolic effects of Clenbuterol were done on animals. These effects never translated to humans though, and almost everyone who uses Clen is disappointed with its muscle building effects. Not so, with Albuterol. Albuterol's side-effects are also more well tolerated by most people. I just ordered a bunch of 8mg tabs of Albuterol. Its very cheap and I've been wanting to give it a try. I was very disappointed with Clen.

I'll find the studies I have and post some of the text.
yeah, i would like to see those, i always though clen was garbage. i wish i could bring back norephedrine for fat loss.

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
Here's one:

Oral albuterol dosing during the latter stages of a resistance exercise program.Caruso JF, Hamill JL, De Garmo N.Healthcare Research Associates Inc., Orlando, Florida 32819, USA.

Subjects performed isoload variable resistance exercise (REX) 3 days per week. After 10 weeks, they received a double-blind albuterol (n = 11) or placebo (n = 11) capsule assignment with no crossover and continued training. During the first week of capsule administration, dosages were increased from 4 mg to 16 mg daily and then maintained for 14 days. At weeks 0, 10, and 13, we measured upper arm and thigh cross-sectional area, knee and elbow extensor and flexor (KE, KF, EE, EF) strength at 3 angular velocities, and lean body mass. Data after 10 weeks showed insignificant between-group differences. From weeks 10-13, as subjects continued REX training, albuterol evoked higher (p < 0.05) KE-KF strength gains at multiple velocities versus placebo dosing. A higher lean body mass trend also occurred with albuterol from weeks 10-13. Results suggest that albuterol augments REX to provide greater strength gains from hypertrophic factors than an REX-placebo assignment.

Here's another showing Albuterol's positive effects on cholesterol.

Effects of oral albuterol on serum lipids and carbohydrate metabolism in healthy men.Maki KC, Skorodin MS, Jessen JH, Laghi F.
Edward Hines, Jr, Veterans Affairs Hospital, Hines, IL, USA.

beta(2)-Selective adrenergic agonists are used in the management of bronchial asthma and preterm labor. Due to their ability to increase muscle strength and size in animal models, new applications for these agents are also being explored for neuromuscular disorders and in rehabilitation. However, the effects of long-term beta(2)-agonist administration on lipoprotein and carbohydrate metabolism are incompletely understood. This investigation evaluated the effects of a beta(2)-agonist, albuterol, on serum lipids and carbohydrate homeostasis in eight healthy nonsmoking men aged 24 to 61 years. Collection of fasting blood samples was completed in duplicate on separate days at baseline, during 14 days of oral albuterol administration (Proventil Repetabs, 8 mg twice daily; Schering Pharmaceuticals, Kenilworth, NJ) and during a 7-day washout period. Carbohydrate homeostasis was evaluated using the minimal model technique at the end of the baseline and albuterol periods. Fasting glucose and insulin, intravenous glucose tolerance, acute insulin response to intravenous glucose (AIRg), insulin sensitivity (Si), and glucose effectiveness (Sg) were not significantly changed during albuterol administration. Significant alterations (P < or = .02) were observed in total cholesterol ([TC] -9.1% +/- 2.5%), low-density lipoprotein cholesterol ([LDL-C] -15.0% +/- 2.9%), and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol ([HDL-C] +10.4% +/- 3.2%) concentrations, as well as the TC/HDL-C (-17.4% +/- 2.6%) and LDL-C/HDL-C (-22.9% +/- 2.4%) ratios. During washout, TC and LDL-C returned to baseline levels, whereas HDL-C remained elevated by 5.8% +/- 2.4% (P < .05). Thus, albuterol administration was associated with favorable changes in the serum lipid profile without marked impairment of glucose tolerance or its physiologic determinants.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heres a question

Clen seems kinda scary to me (the sides)

How does albuterol compare?

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
Heres a question

Clen seems kinda scary to me (the sides)

How does albuterol compare?
Sides are supposedly much more tolerable than Clen. I took Clen and didn't find the sides scary. Irritating, like rapid heartbeat, shaky hands, etc. but not scary. I'm older now though, so I may not tolerate them as well. We'll see.

AmericnMuscle

Banned
Awards
I apply liquid Clen transdermally since it is mixed with my Napalm. On alternating weeks, I'll apply Lipoderm-Ultra. I chose the liquid clen to apply on the skin instead of the oral version due to the many horror stories I've heard in regards to taking Clen by mouth. I've heard of Albuterol, but never in a sense for it's anabolic and weight-loss properties. I, too, have had it prescribed to me in the past in the form of an inhaler.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being the worst), how would you rate the irritability of the sides from Albuterol? Then again, everyone is different, but I'm asking for your opinion and will trust you on it.

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
I apply liquid Clen transdermally since it is mixed with my Napalm. On alternating weeks, I'll apply Lipoderm-Ultra. I chose the liquid clen to apply on the skin instead of the oral version due to the many horror stories I've heard in regards to taking Clen by mouth. I've heard of Albuterol, but never in a sense for it's anabolic and weight-loss properties. I, too, have had it prescribed to me in the past in the form of an inhaler.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being the worst), how would you rate the irritability of the sides from Albuterol? Then again, everyone is different, but I'm asking for your opinion and will trust you on it.
I've heard of adding Clen to TD's but never tried it. Are you seeing results from it over and above the Napalm alone? I hear you have to cycle it.

I haven't done Albuterol yet, in high enough doses. I have an order in now for some 8mg tabs and I'll let you know when I start it. I'm going to take a few days worth (probably 4mg 3 x day) when I get it to see about the sides anyway and I'll let you know.