Help me with my first cut PLEASE :D

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%

Help me with my first cut PLEASE :D

I'm going to start my first attempt at a cut in a week or two. I've been doing reading on this and a few other sites about supplements and nutrition. Here is some stuff I know so far:

Height: 6' 2"
    Weight: 235

Training: 6 days per week in a 3 on 1 off fashion, each body part twice. I'm going to do fasted cardio right in the morning 5 times per week for 30 minutes.

Nutrition: my BMR is around 2300 calories according to a bunch of online calculators. I'm going to start my cut at 3000 calories and adjust down as needed. It may seem a bit low to some, but I am bulking pretty fine where I am now, so I can judge where I need to be roughly. I'm going to keep it low GI carbs, lean proteins, and health fats. Oats, peanut butter, olive oil, chicken, whole wheat bread, etc you know the drill. I'll try to get 1.5g per pound of weight. I'm going to eat all of the bread-type carbs in the morning and around my workout, and eat fibrous veggies in the evening. Eating every 3 hours or so.

Supplements: I'm going to give Mitotropin a shot, and I also have lean xtreme that I want to try eventually. I also want to sip some BCAA's during my fasted cardio. I'll have to find a brand I like. Other than that, my Animal Flex, Creatine Mono, and multivitamin.

What do you guys think? I probably forgot something, but I'll catch it eventually

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.84%

what kind of workouts will you be doing that will have you training each body part twice a week?? how long have you been training for and whats a daily food intake look like when will your workouts be like time frame area?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%

Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    what kind of workouts will you be doing that will have you training each body part twice a week?? how long have you been training for and whats a daily food intake look like when will your workouts be like time frame area?
    I do a 3 on 1 off schedule.

Back/Bis
    Chest/Tris
    Legs/Shoulders

1 day off
    Repeat

I've been training seriously for about a year.

My intake:

Breakfast:
    1 cup rolled oats, 2 scoops myofusion, 2 Tbsp peanut butter

Lunch:
    1 grilled chicken sandwich on wheat bun, veggies, some other carb (rice, pasta, etc)

Next meal:
    same as lunch

Workout
    Intraworkout: 20g WMS, 15g Gatorade powder, 15g BCAA

PWO meal:
    same as lunch

Later meal:
    same as breakfast, or peanuts, or PB sandwich

Workouts are usually around 4-430 in the evening.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.54%

Cut out the buns/bread on two of those meals.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%

Quote Originally Posted by GhstFceTrilla View Post
    Cut out the buns/bread on two of those meals.
    During my cut I will definitely taper carbs and keep healthy fats and protein high. This is just an example of my diet I'm on now during my bulk.

Any other comments/questions anyone?
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Sounds good, look into HIIT sprint/interval training. For BCAA's, Xtend has been a longstanding favourite. Recently we've been having trouble keeping Chain'd Out in stock, which has the BCAA's bonded to Malate to improve oral bioavailability, without the glutamine, and rhodiola added. Berry Banana is the superior flavour, but a bit pricier.

But diet and training are critical; lowering carbs is a good idea. You might want to pick up some Yellow Gold , take 1g ~20mins pre-meals, and before fasted cardio. Similar effects to Anabolic Pump, which is great for leaning out.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.54%

Lots of water too as I recommended in another thread. You may think you drink a lot throughout the day, but I realized I was drinking much less than a gallon. This also reduced my muscle cramping during intense cardio (don't forget you will lose a lot of water during cardio, stay away from sugary items like gatorade during cardio).
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Sounds good, look into HIIT sprint/interval training. For BCAA's, Xtend has been a longstanding favourite. Recently we've been having trouble keeping Chain'd Out in stock, which has the BCAA's bonded to Malate to improve oral bioavailability, without the glutamine, and rhodiola added. Berry Banana is the superior flavour, but a bit pricier.

But diet and training are critical; lowering carbs is a good idea. You might want to pick up some Yellow Gold , take 1g ~20mins pre-meals, and before fasted cardio. Similar effects to Anabolic Pump, which is great for leaning out.
    I am familiar with HIIT. I experimented a little bit last spring. I would run for a minute on a treadmill and then walk on an incline for 2 minutes, and keep alternating. However, I thought that low intensity would be favorable to high intensity when fasted because low intensities tend to use fat as a fuel source where as higher intensities use carbohydrates and may convert body proteins to glucose...maybe i am mistaken.

As far as BCAAs go, I was going to try Core ABC. It seems like a very underrated product. It has beta alanine in it, etc (im sure you know the product). Seems competitively priced too.

I also have a question on the yellow gold. Why would taking something similar to AP be advantageous during fasted cardio? I wont be taking in any carbs...and unfortunately I had 3 bottles of AP stolen from me via mail fraud.

Thanks a lot for your post. hopefully someone can shed more light like you have

Thanks for all the posts so far everyone!
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%

Quote Originally Posted by GhstFceTrilla View Post
    Lots of water too as I recommended in another thread. You may think you drink a lot throughout the day, but I realized I was drinking much less than a gallon. This also reduced my muscle cramping during intense cardio (don't forget you will lose a lot of water during cardio, stay away from sugary items like gatorade during cardio).
    Definitely, excellent point. I really need to start lugging around a big bottle of water. I will for sure not be taking in any sugar during cardio, it will be completely fasted. During and right at the end of lifting is the only time ill be taking simple carbs in.
  10. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Berberine has lipolytic properties that can be useful during fasted cardio. Search Anabolic Pump Fasted Cardio for some good posts by mulletsoldier.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Berberine has lipolytic properties that can be useful during fasted cardio. Search Anabolic Pump Fasted Cardio for some good posts by mulletsoldier.
    I see. I read a few posts. That guy sure knows a lot of stuff!

What about my other questions?
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.84%

Quote Originally Posted by NutriSci View Post
    I do a 3 on 1 off schedule.

Back/Bis
    Chest/Tris
    Legs/Shoulders

1 day off
    Repeat

I've been training seriously for about a year.

My intake:

Breakfast:
    1 cup rolled oats, 2 scoops myofusion, 2 Tbsp peanut butter

Lunch:
    1 grilled chicken sandwich on wheat bun, veggies, some other carb (rice, pasta, etc)

Next meal:
    same as lunch

Workout
    Intraworkout: 20g WMS, 15g Gatorade powder, 15g BCAA

PWO meal:
    same as lunch

Later meal:
    same as breakfast, or peanuts, or PB sandwich

Workouts are usually around 4-430 in the evening.
    see what happens when you give out the information a bunch more people come into the thread and give the advice bro keep at it and good luck
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.35%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Something that has worked for me is fasted cardio in the mornings. This needs to be Low intensity and last 20-30 minutes, do it 3 times a week. Follow it up w/protein and some good carbs. Sounds like the rest of your diet is ok. Good luck.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%

Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    see what happens when you give out the information a bunch more people come into the thread and give the advice bro keep at it and good luck
    Thank you sir! I wish you the best of luck in your goals as well

Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    Something that has worked for me is fasted cardio in the mornings. This needs to be Low intensity and last 20-30 minutes, do it 3 times a week. Follow it up w/protein and some good carbs. Sounds like the rest of your diet is ok. Good luck.
    That's what I'll be doing. Except I want to do 5 times a week if I can stand it. I'll be taking BCAA during and afterwards will be breakfast consisting of 1 cup rolled oats, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter, and 2 scoops of myofusion protein.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.35%
    Achievements Posting Pro

In my opinion i'd save the BCAA's. Doing them while performing the low intensity cardio will defeat the purpose in a way of doing it on a empty stomach and will cause your body to burn the BCAA's instead of the fat. As long as you keep it low intensity you will save your muscle while burning the fat.

As for the BCAA choice though you can find a good deal on LG Sciences BC+EAA on the internet, i've been using it rescently with good success.

Another thing you might want to consider is cutting the carbs out of your diet within 4-5 hours of when you goto bed.

Best of luck! I am in the process of cutting too, so I know how much of a pain it is!
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.95%

Quote Originally Posted by h0other View Post
    In my opinion i'd save the BCAA's. Doing them while performing the low intensity cardio will defeat the purpose in a way of doing it on a empty stomach and will cause your body to burn the BCAA's instead of the fat. As long as you keep it low intensity you will save your muscle while burning the fat.

As for the BCAA choice though you can find a good deal on LG Sciences BC+EAA on the internet, i've been using it rescently with good success.

Another thing you might want to consider is cutting the carbs out of your diet within 4-5 hours of when you goto bed.

Best of luck! I am in the process of cutting too, so I know how much of a pain it is!
    I didn't think BCAAs had to be digested, therefore did not divert the fat burning of the low intensity cardio. I will be cutting carbs, but not necessarily near bed. I usually workout at 4 or 5, so I need some carbs at least afterwards.

What is the deal with BCAAs during fasted cardio? Good idea, or bad?
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.35%
    Achievements Posting Pro

From what i've read, it would just be expensive energy for your body. If you work out at 4-5 i'd do carbs post work out then pretty much cut them off after. Plenty of sources of protein where you dont need carbs out there. Tuna, Chicken, Pork, Cheese Balls lol, Whey Protein Shakes.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  153 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.83%

Quote Originally Posted by NutriSci View Post
    I'm going to start my first attempt at a cut in a week or two. I've been doing reading on this and a few other sites about supplements and nutrition. Here is some stuff I know so far:

Height: 6' 2"
    Weight: 235

Training: 6 days per week in a 3 on 1 off fashion, each body part twice. I'm going to do fasted cardio right in the morning 5 times per week for 30 minutes.

Nutrition: my BMR is around 2300 calories according to a bunch of online calculators. I'm going to start my cut at 3000 calories and adjust down as needed. It may seem a bit low to some, but I am bulking pretty fine where I am now, so I can judge where I need to be roughly. I'm going to keep it low GI carbs, lean proteins, and health fats. Oats, peanut butter, olive oil, chicken, whole wheat bread, etc you know the drill. I'll try to get 1.5g per pound of weight. I'm going to eat all of the bread-type carbs in the morning and around my workout, and eat fibrous veggies in the evening. Eating every 3 hours or so.

Supplements: I'm going to give Mitotropin a shot, and I also have lean xtreme that I want to try eventually. I also want to sip some BCAA's during my fasted cardio. I'll have to find a brand I like. Other than that, my Animal Flex, Creatine Mono, and multivitamin.

What do you guys think? I probably forgot something, but I'll catch it eventually
    Some people might disagree with me, but I would suggest removing the creatine for a cut. It increases water retention in muscles, which can give you a bit of a bloated look. Despite its various benefits, if you really wanna cut and try to look ripped, your best off removing it from your routine.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.35%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wbted23 View Post
    Some people might disagree with me, but I would suggest removing the creatine for a cut. It increases water retention in muscles, which can give you a bit of a bloated look. Despite its various benefits, if you really wanna cut and try to look ripped, your best off removing it from your routine.
    Disagree, Creatine has been proven to save muscle during a cut. The ammount of "bloat" creatine will give you is well worth saving your hard earned muscle. Then when you goto the beach or summer comes you can cut out the creatine if you like when you're down to 8%bf.