I'm a cuttin' da fat, keepin' da musclez

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Hello brodas and sistas, I am currently cutting, and throwin' my stuff out there for all to see, critique, and support. Current stats are 5' 10", about 185 lbs, and I am guessing about 11% bf. I am tracking every single calorie. Doing cardio in the morning after rising, and weight training later in the day. I also bartend at a crazy, and extremely busy bar, so it is tough to eat right sometimes, but I am somehow gonna keep it up. Almost all carbs are coming from natural sources(fruits, veggies) very little gluten if any, and a variety of protein sources with good fats.

Current supps are:
RPN DCP - taking 3 before cardio in the morning, 3 before afternoon meal, 3 before wieght training

Nutrabolics Superfats- 3 after meals 3 times a day

VPX Meltdown - 1 with each DCP dose

Alcar- 500 mg with each DCP/Meltdown dose

Idebenone- about 200 mg with each Alcar dose

I also like me some Agmatine in the morning and before workouts:)

Drinking extend with cardio and weight training.

Looking to cut as much fat as possible, while retaininng muscle. Purely for purposes of vanity, and to assess my body's response.

Last two days break down like this..

Protein 326 grams
fat 77 grams
carbs 151 grams
cals 2459

Protein 291
fat 100
carbs 210
cals 2915

Split will be changing over the next eight weeks here and there, some weeks will be weight training 4 days, some 5, and some 6. Will be switching up weight and volume throughout. Shooting for a minimum of 4 days a week of cardio in the morning. My job gets crazy quite often, with very little time to even think for hours on end. No drinks for me.. :(

Well there it is, feel free to comment, shoot down, support, or dismiss my ideas, this log is more for me and motivation than anything. If it helps others along the way, I will be a happy man.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Breakdown of the last two days:

Carbs 98
Fat 95
Protein 311
Cals 2436
Sat March 28 2009

Carbs 125
Fat 103
Protein 231
Cals 2375
Sun March 29 2009

Saturday did cardio and an ab workout in the morning. Doing abs almost every day of the week, usually right before or after cardio. Saturday also worked for about 11 hours, constantly moving. The slight stim effect from Meltdown and green tea/alcar is nice at work, keeps me moving and very focused/energetic. Felt pretty tired on Sunday, so pretty much just relaxed and took it easy with one light ab workout. Feelin' good though overall, and already looking leaner, down about 2 pounds.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks good to me. Im 225 and using about the same diet. Im cutting faster than you are though in four weeks I have a goal to meet. Looks good to me and no matter what keep that protein high!

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for stoppin' in smeton. Did you just start cutting or have you been at it a little while? Good luck hitting your goal and I appreciate the support.

Today:

Carbs 128
Fat 87
Protein 340
Cals 2729
mon March 30 2009

Had an early day at work today, so I got up earlier than usual to get some cardio and abs in. After work I napped for an hour, then had an excellent leg day! I think the nap helped alot. I was kinda worried I might be overtraining a bit, but so far no problems at all. I feel great.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for stoppin' in smeton. Did you just start cutting or have you been at it a little while? Good luck hitting your goal and I appreciate the support.

Today:

Carbs 128
Fat 87
Protein 340
Cals 2729
mon March 30 2009

Had an early day at work today, so I got up earlier than usual to get some cardio and abs in. After work I napped for an hour, then had an excellent leg day! I think the nap helped alot. I was kinda worried I might be overtraining a bit, but so far no problems at all. I feel great.
Yeah cutting from November 08 to-january 09. Took off in Febuary. Started back March...will go untill May. Take a little break. Its important not to bring it down too fast because most people lose muscle this way, when you hold onto that muscle though youll be bigger than the guy that never got "fat". simple fact is fat people have more muscle usually than your average weight lifter. The sad part is most fat guys when they diet down lose 60/40 % of muscle/fat ratio on average if they don't know how to bring it down slowly and how to hang onto that muscle.(for more Information on this look at all of Dantes posts and the studies involving sumo-wrestlers)

Nice job on the high protein today!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
With that Dcp dosing your should try to add a dose before bed... its a great nightime fat burner as well

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Smeton I like your style. Cut a little, take a break, get back to it and cut some more. Makes sense.

With that Dcp dosing your should try to add a dose before bed... its a great nightime fat burner as well
I often get pretty tired after my last meal, and end up going to sleep on a full stomach. Seems to me that DCP should be taken on an empty stomach to be effective.. I will do it when I can though, thanks for the reminder FG.

Today:

Carbs 122
Fat 119
Protein 283
Cals 2717
Tues March 31 2009

Protein would have been higher if I would have had the foresight to bring at least a shake to work. Got so damn busy I had pretty much no time to eat at all. Great for my wallet, bad for my diet lol. Now I will be more prepared. I did a shoulder/ab workout in the morning, then work. My legs are destroyed after yesterday and all the running around today. This sexy chica wants to take me salsa dancing tomorrow night, I hope my legs feel a little better because they are SORE.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Alright boys and girls, I have not updated this log lately but that does not mean I've been slackin'! I have just been 'suspended' from my job (temporarily I hope) so I have been a little stressed. But, now I am taking advantage of the extra free time to concentrate on this cut, so at least something good is coming from this. I have still been following the same routine, and tracking every gram, every calorie. Here is the last few days:

Carbs 110
Fat 185
Protein 270
Cals 2360
Wed April 1 2009

Carbs 56
Fat 39
Protein 324
Cals 1977
Thurs April 2 2009

Carbs 116
Fat 88
Protein 307
Cals 2490
fri April 3 2009

Carbs 90
Fat 80
Protein 290
Cals 2360
Sat April 4 2009

Carbs 78
Fat 64
Protein 266
Cals 1980
Sun April 5 2009

Carbs 163
Fat 153
Protein 374
Cals 3540
Mon April 6 2009

I cheated a little bit today, but I am still on track. Added CLA to the mix at 10 grams a day. Any ideas on optimal dosing time or throwing in a little fish oil? Alot of contradicting information out there about CLA...

I am definitely lookin' a little leaner everyday. Soon I will be switching split and routine up, details coming soon.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
did you try the night dose?

I dont see why you would need to take it on an empty stomach... DCP is actually supposed to help you from putting on fat from not so great foods. Alot of guys on here take 1-2 caps before bed with GREAT results. Give her a whirl!

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Funny I keep forgetting the night dose but I've been meaning to take it. Will definitely tonight. Today I ran for 30 minutes in the morning and then in the afternoon ran plus got on the bike for another 45 minutes. May skip the cardio tomorrow as I am supposed to go rock climbing and have an arm workout. May have to skip the arm workout too..

Today's cals n stuff;

Carbs 90
Fat 32
Protein 267
Cals 1780
Wed April 8 2009

Little lower today, due to no weight training.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Damnit i have to spread more rep before i give it to you again... crap! Dont forget the night dose!

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
No worries broda, I gotta spread sum 'round myself. The night dose, I like it. It seems to be a great way to burn a few extra cals at night. Will update this log soon, was away for a few days so I lost track of cals there for a bit, and had one big cheat day which was nice..

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Grams n cals the last two days.

Carbs 114
Fat 89
Protein 341
Cals 2673
Wed April 15 2009

Carbs 148
Fat 119
Protein 402
Cals 3365
thurs April 16 2009

I had been keeping track of the other days in-between, but erased some by accident.. The numbers were all very close to the norm with one big cheat day in there. It was nice and after the cheat day I felt fresh and ready to rock again.

I am making an effort to increase protein intake, will try to get to 400 grams everyday, not an easy thing to do sometimes. I am doing cardio still 4-6 days a week in some shape or form, weight training split is four days a week this week and the next, will switch up again after that. Plan is a different split and workout regimen every two weeks. Great to keep the body guessing.

Also trying out a little ECA stack. Never taken ephedra before, tried it today at a low dose and liked it. Will up the dose tomorrow to assess tolerance.

So far everything is going great! Staying motivated, looking leaner all the time while losing very little weight. Vascularity is improving. Should make some good comparison pics when this is all over.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ephedra. is this non prescription? I heard it was i dont know though

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Everything looks great! Keep up the great work.

I am about to begin the Ultimate Diet 2.0 by Lyle McDonald on Monday. :)

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Hey Smeton, ephedra was banned in 2004, but has made somewhat of a legal comeback, and is readily available otc.

Hey Spider thanks for stopping by. I have heard good things about the Ultimate diet 2 from those that stuck with it. Will you be starting a log? Best of luck to you.:)

spacetuna

spacetuna

Awards
Yeah cutting from November 08 to-january 09. Took off in Febuary. Started back March...will go untill May. Take a little break. Its important not to bring it down too fast because most people lose muscle this way, when you hold onto that muscle though youll be bigger than the guy that never got "fat". simple fact is fat people have more muscle usually than your average weight lifter. The sad part is most fat guys when they diet down lose 60/40 % of muscle/fat ratio on average if they don't know how to bring it down slowly and how to hang onto that muscle.(for more Information on this look at all of Dantes posts and the studies involving sumo-wrestlers)
Could you provide a link for the Dante post, I did a search but only this thread popped up. Thanks.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Breakdown of the last two days:

Carbs 98
Fat 95
Protein 311
Cals 2436
Sat March 28 2009

Carbs 125
Fat 103
Protein 231
Cals 2375
Sun March 29 2009

Saturday did cardio and an ab workout in the morning. Doing abs almost every day of the week, usually right before or after cardio. Saturday also worked for about 11 hours, constantly moving. The slight stim effect from Meltdown and green tea/alcar is nice at work, keeps me moving and very focused/energetic. Felt pretty tired on Sunday, so pretty much just relaxed and took it easy with one light ab workout. Feelin' good though overall, and already looking leaner, down about 2 pounds.
just wondering, what was your cals and such before this cut? how many cals did you drop down at 1st? 300...200?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Hey lennox, I dropped a good 500 or so cals at first as they were around 3500-4000 a day. I was a great big carb and not eating the cleanest.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey lennox, I dropped a good 500 or so cals at first as they were around 3500-4000 a day. I was a great big carb and not eating the cleanest.
Ive been there. feels a lot better once you start eating healthy for five plus months(with the occasional food you enjoy)

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Ive been there. feels a lot better once you start eating healthy for five plus months(with the occasional food you enjoy)
Yeah it does. I would go through quick phases before, a week or two clean eating, then a few days of whatever, it was very inconsistent. I wasn't really putting on fat as I lead quite an active lifestyle, but wasn't losing any either.

It's funny, over the past few years I have slowly come to terms with the fact that I can no longer eat anything and get away with it. Up until about 23 years old my diet was terrible, but always stayed lean. I ate pizza four or five times a week, post workout meal usually came with fries and a Mountain dew, lots of sweets, and I never put on any weight. Then one day I realized I could no longer see my abs..

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Then one day I realized I could no longer see my abs..
No kidding Mattikus! I have always been on the lean side, but I have had difficulties adding mass. Therefore, I have been perpetually eating for mass. Finally, after a few years (no joke) I started to realize that my abs were no longer visible.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
I have heard good things about the Ultimate diet 2 from those that stuck with it. Will you be starting a log? Best of luck to you.:)
I entirely agree. In addition to sticking with it, I would say that most experience success when the actually FOLLOW the diet. Most people (myself included) want to put our own spin on things. Lyle hates when people do this his diet. Not because they are changing it for themselves, but everything on the diet is does so with purpose. Change the diet...and one changes the purpose.

At the moment I am contemplating a log. I have never completing one, but it seem motivational to do so. Any advice???

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I entirely agree. In addition to sticking with it, I would say that most experience success when the actually FOLLOW the diet. Most people (myself included) want to put our own spin on things. Lyle hates when people do this his diet. Not because they are changing it for themselves, but everything on the diet is does so with purpose. Change the diet...and one changes the purpose.

At the moment I am contemplating a log. I have never completing one, but it seem motivational to do so. Any advice???
Yeah these diets are made to be followed consistently. Even after this 'cutting phase' I'm going through, I plan on sticking to generally the same clean eating habits. After 10-12 weeks alot of people stop eating clean, and why? Why not continue? I will probably up the cals slightly and cut down on cardio to add a little size though.

A log can be a motivating factor, and helps keep track of progress. At least write everything you are doing down, for yourself, as it can help tremendously when trying to tweak certain areas of your diet or routine. A log will open things up for others to critique or support, and can help others too. Keeping track of cals and macros is great for anybody to do, especially for those looking to improve their physique, and I am very glad I started doing it.

Yesterday:

Carbs 103
Fat 61
Protein 291
Cals 2253
Sat April 18 2009

Yesterday was an off day with only cardio. The ECA stack definitely feels more thermogenic than anything I've taken before. Great for appetite reduction as well. I also forgot to mention that I wsa lucky enough to snag a bottle of Eviscerate from RPN, and WOW that stuff makes you feel like your stomach is on fire! I like it. Bring on the pain lol.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Smeton, ephedra was banned in 2004, but has made somewhat of a legal comeback, and is readily available otc.
are you using Bronkaid? the 25 mgs pills

how many pills did you start outt with and how many are you doing now?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Current supps are:
RPN DCP - taking 3 before cardio in the morning, 3 before afternoon meal, 3 before wieght training

Nutrabolics Superfats- 3 after meals 3 times a day

VPX Meltdown - 1 with each DCP dose

Alcar- 500 mg with each DCP/Meltdown dose

Idebenone- about 200 mg with each Alcar dose

I also like me some Agmatine in the morning and before workouts:)

I like this stack. It is great to see Idebenone as anti-oxidant stacked with ALCAR for a change, rather than the standard Alpha Lipoic Acid. Your Idebenone dose appears to be on the high side, though. 200mg total per day should be more than enough. It is not clear, if the relationship between efficacy and dosage amount is linear beyond 200mg or so daily. Great stack, my friend!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...I have just been 'suspended' from my job (temporarily I hope) so I have been a little stressed....
Hope things work out well for you!

Added CLA to the mix at 10 grams a day. Any ideas on optimal dosing time or throwing in a little fish oil? Alot of contradicting information out there about CLA....
10g CLA per day is a meal! :D More seriously, though, you do not need more than 6g when it is used as stand alone. The key is to use a CLA blend with the two CLA isomers, that is, the Cis-9, Trans-11 Isomer and the Trans-10, Cis-12 Isomer, in a ratio of 50% each. If you use CLA as part of a fat loss stack, 4g-6g daily, in three divided doses, should be fine. Take with meals. CLA works well when used with a stimulant. Your stack is not lacking in that area. :)

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
are you using Bronkaid? the 25 mgs pills
how many pills did you start outt with and how many are you doing now?
Yes I started with half a tab (they are easily split) twice a day and am now at 2-3 a day. I also have a bottle of Lipodrene that has 25 mg eph per tab plus other goodies, and it seems to work just as well.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
I like this stack. It is great to see Idebenone as anti-oxidant stacked with ALCAR for a change, rather than the standard Alpha Lipoic Acid. Your Idebenone dose appears to be on the high side, though. 200mg total per day should be more than enough. It is not clear, if the relationship between efficacy and dosage amount is linear beyond 200mg or so daily. Great stack, my friend!
Thank you for noting the dosage. I have actually already lowered it to about 150 mg per day as my studies have shown that to be an effective dose. At this dose, it will last me a long time. :)
Hope things work out well for you!
Well, instead of a long drawn out post I'll just say.. Me too:nervous:
10g CLA per day is a meal! :D More seriously, though, you do not need more than 6g when it is used as stand alone. The key is to use a CLA blend with the two CLA isomers, that is, the Cis-9, Trans-11 Isomer and the Trans-10, Cis-12 Isomer, in a ratio of 50% each. If you use CLA as part of a fat loss stack, 4g-6g daily, in three divided doses, should be fine. Take with meals. CLA works well when used with a stimulant. Your stack is not lacking in that area. :)
I am taking the Tonalin stuff, was following something I had read from Dinoiii as to dosing. I think I will lower to your suggested dose though, as mine was causing a bit of gas lol.

lynnscott

Awards
hey man i read that you are cutting fast, you are 225Ilbs, Im sure you started heavier than that. Im 234 right now and i want to cut fast. Do you have any suggestions, what are you doing and what are you taking for supplements, whats your diet.

Thanks In Advance

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
lynnscott, are you maybe referring to Smeton? I am not 225..

Welcome to AM though.. :)

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
TODAY

Carbs 26
Fat 58
Protein 279
Cals 1797
Tues April 21 2009

Today was an off day from the weights, just abs and cardio. I have been focusing on lower abs one day, then upper the next, and obliques the next, followed by a day off, and then repeat. My abs have never been stronger.

Decided to cut down the carbs some more today, and will do this periodically. I am at 182 lbs right now, which doesn't mean much to me, as it's all about what the mirror says.. And the mirror is telling me that I am definitely doing something right.:cool2:

Hopefully this trend continues..

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
first of all , good luck mat
well I have to say that I don't count calories, I know exactly what I can or cant eat to gain /lose weight, it usually works, but everything looks great to me, the only thing I will probably add to the mix is cla, I know you got tta on meltdown but cla does wonders in me so in my case a must on a cut

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well I have to say that I don't count calories, I know exactly what I can or cant eat to gain /lose weight, it usually works, but everything looks great to me, the only thing I will probably add to the mix is cla, I know you got tta on meltdown but cla does wonders in me so in my case a must on a cut
once you want better results your start being meticulous on diet.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Good to see ya stoppin' by bro! CLA is already in the mix my man. How do you dose it?

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Carbs 209
Fat 108
Protein 228
Cals 2335
wed April 22 2009

Total cheat day with carbs yesterday. Cardio in the morning, then I was running all over NYC yesterday hopping from job interview to interview on nothing but a big protein shake and some eca. One interview I had to actually strip down to a sleeveless tee and stand under a photo lamp while a whole panel asked me questions. (They want model types) Anyway while standing there answering questions I felt a little hypo and jittery, but the interview went well overall as I think I did a good job of hiding it. But damn, next time I will have some carbs in my system before going to a job interview lol. It would be a sweet job as I would be hanging out with scantily clad models in bikinis all day long.

Anyway so after the slightly stressful day I had a bit of a headache, I decided to take the day off from heavy training and indulged in a nice dose of chocolate. It's an addiction.:dunno:

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Mattikus,

Hey, how are you doing? I am guessing you are busy! Bump for an update. :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Hey no worries brothers I was temporarily disconnected for a few days there but I am back in business.

Cut is still going strong and sticking to plan. I have modified my routine to a push-legs-pull then repeat split, so I am working out 6 days a week now. I did this last week and will again this following week before I switch it up again to avoid CNS burnout. Cardio is at a minimum currently due to the increase in wight training. I gotta say that I am liking working out six days a week right now, but it does take a toll. I definitely could not keep this up for longer than a few weeks. Volume per workout is decreased a little, but overall volume for the week is increased.

I have not been counting every calorie like I was before, since my internet connection was down I could not use the online program that I had been using to keep track of all the macros. Now that I am re-connected I can get back on it. Thanks for the support bros.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Cut is still going strong and sticking to plan. I have modified my routine to a push-legs-pull then repeat split, so I am working out 6 days a week now. I did this last week and will again this following week before I switch it up again to avoid CNS burnout.
Excellent plan. Recently I did this, but I eventually burnt out. Ok, weird scenario, but I came down with Bronchitis. I say weird because I was watching for tell-tale signs of overtraining (elevated morning pulse, declining motivation, loss of strength etc.) but it didn't happen. Then bammm, I come down with Bronchitis! :684:

I have not been counting every calorie like I was before, since my internet connection was down I could not use the online program that I had been using to keep track of all the macros. Now that I am re-connected I can get back on it. Thanks for the support bros.
What program is that???

No worries, I am cutting too and I know it can be tough! :wave2:

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Excellent plan. Recently I did this, but I eventually burnt out. Ok, weird scenario, but I came down with Bronchitis. I say weird because I was watching for tell-tale signs of overtraining (elevated morning pulse, declining motivation, loss of strength etc.) but it didn't happen. Then bammm, I come down with Bronchitis! :684:
Yeah, overtraining can get ya in all kinds of ways. Sounds like the immune system may have been a little weak from all the hard training. I've been lucky so far. Here in Manhattan everybody's worried about the swine flu, definitely don't need that.

What program is that???
http://www.fatsecret.com/

The site has an excellent calorie and nutrition information on every type of food you can imagine, and you can integrate it right into your web browser. You can figure out all the nutrition info for anything with a few easy clicks. :)

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
The site has an excellent calorie and nutrition information on every type of food you can imagine, and you can integrate it right into your web browser. You can figure out all the nutrition info for anything with a few easy clicks. :)
Thanks. :)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mattikus again.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, overtraining can get ya in all kinds of ways. Sounds like the immune system may have been a little weak from all the hard training. I've been lucky so far. Here in Manhattan everybody's worried about the swine flu, definitely don't need that.
every 2 months I rest 4-5 days week to prevent overtraining, its hard to get off training but I believe its good for the body and give some rest to stressfull joints

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
every 2 months I rest 4-5 days week to prevent overtraining, its hard to get off training but I believe its good for the body and give some rest to stressfull joints
I can't stress this fact enough. When I was younger, doing max-ot, I did that for a good three years I took a break every eight-twelve weeks or so, before I did max ot didnt take breaks. When a person starts training with more intensity (and less volume) one gets worn out faster, its not only important to take scheduled breaks(like once every two months for a week) and breaks when you feel you need it(immune system, overtaining) Ive gone a month and I had to take a break and Ive gone four months strait. listen to your body you'll know if you need a break or not before the scheduled break by how your feeling.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
I can't stress this fact enough. When I was younger, doing max-ot, I did that for a good three years I took a break every eight-twelve weeks or so, before I did max ot didnt take breaks. When a person starts training with more intensity (and less volume) one gets worn out faster, its not only important to take scheduled breaks(like once every two months for a week) and breaks when you feel you need it(immune system, overtaining) Ive gone a month and I had to take a break and Ive gone four months strait. listen to your body you'll know if you need a break or not before the scheduled break by how your feeling.
I entirely agree.

Now however, maybe this is just me, but KNOWING and DOING are two different things. I know I should take breaks, but don't heed warning signs. This is why I like systems which utilize some sort of strategic de-conditioning (HST term).

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Well my job situation is finally starting to improve, so my stress level seems to be getting lower. High stress plus frequent training is hard on the system for sure. It's funny though, no matter how fatigued I feel, as soon as I start hitting the weights I feel alot better. I know I am on the verge of overtraining so will take a few days off after tomorrow. Leg day tomorrow, plus a cheat day with the carbs. I am so looking forward to indulging a bit. :)

Next week starts a full body routine every other day for two weeks. I am interested in how I will respond to this one. I have temporarily dropped the ephedra and stims, because of the fatigue and over-excited feeling I would get while job hunting. Will re-incorporate it slowly after a few much needed off days.

Really guys, I want to thank all of you who have and continue to show support, because we all know cutting can be a bitch lol.

spiderduncan

spiderduncan

Awards
  • Established
Really guys, I want to thank all of you who have and continue to show support, because we all know cutting can be a bitch lol.
We are here for you, man! Keep up the great work.

All stresses (physical, mental, emotional etc.) are cumulative and need to moderately appropriately. So congratulations managing stress prudently! :arms:

I too am trying to drop bodyfat...and honestly, I have never been so moody.

Presently I am employing Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0 (week 3 of a projected 6 weeks). While it is hard, I love cyclical dieting. On my carbohydrate re-feed day, I take in over 6000 calories (1250 grams of carbs in <24 hours). Out of 7 days, it goes like this...starve for 4 days, binge for 1 and eat maintenance for 2. :head: