Good foods to eat in the late evening?

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
What's up everyone. I'm wondering what some of you eat as your last meal of the day. I know a lot of people like cottage cheese, but I hate that stuff! I literally can't eat it without gagging, because I've tried multiple times before. I also can't afford any supplement at the moment, such as casien.

Any other suggestions?

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
beef and milk...i've never been a fan of cottage cheese either.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
The sugars in the milk aren't going to be counterproductive towards the cutting process? How much milk would you recommend drinking? Also, do you think ground turkey could be a substitute for the beef?

Thanks

Jda777

Jda777

Banned
Awards
The sugars in the milk aren't going to be counterproductive towards the cutting process? How much milk would you recommend drinking? Also, do you think ground turkey could be a substitute for the beef?

Thanks
have you ever tried mixing cottage cheese with egg whites and cooking it as you would scrambled eggs? Give it a shot.....I don't eat the stuff plain either.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Grilled chicken/shrimp spinach salad with homemade Italian dressing with Olive Oil. That's my favorite late evening/pre-bed meal.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Would 4oz of ground turkey work? That's about 160 calories, 22g protein, 0 carbs, and 8g fat? That along with a class of low-fat milk? Which would be 110 calories, 8g protein, 13g carbs, 2.5g fat. Could even get fat free milk if need be.

I'm kinda on a tight budget so I'm needing the cheapest, most effective solutions. lol

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established

Thanks
sorry didn't realize you were cutting. in that case i'd opt for eggs. i like to use some beef for the fat content and slower digestion.

soy milk has less than half the sugar but not sure on the casein content if any. i never use it as i tend to stay away from hippy food

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
All-natural Peanut Butter. Cheap and effective. Maybe a can of tuna, a couple eggs, or a scoop of whey or casein if you're looking for more protein. They should all be within budget.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
anything without carbs.....

Eggs is my favorite. I eat eggs every night i get off work.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I had three eggs tonight, and 1 cup of 1% milk. Might alternate between eggs and ground turkey. I guess I won't worry about the milk sugars too much. I would assume they're in cottage cheese as well?

Jda777

Jda777

Banned
Awards
Cut the milk out man....

Make egg whites - you can throw all kinds of sh!t in there.

cooked meats(chicken/lean ground beef,turkey, etc...) - low fat shredded cheese, veggies, etc....

Learn to love them.

If I have a sweet tooth, I'll sometimes sprinkle a tiny bit of splenda on it, or have a cup of 10 calorie jello. :)

A small portion of almonds are okay too.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Cut the milk out man....

Make egg whites - you can throw all kinds of sh!t in there.

cooked meats(chicken/lean ground beef,turkey, etc...) - low fat shredded cheese, veggies, etc....

Learn to love them.

If I have a sweet tooth, I'll sometimes sprinkle a tiny bit of splenda on it, or have a cup of 10 calorie jello. :)

A small portion of almonds are okay too.
You are more ripped than me, so I'll take your advice. :laugh:

I'll just stick to eggs and turkey, and maybe throw in some veggies as well. Thanks guys!

Oh, one more question, is milk okay to drink any time on a cut? Or is it best to just avoid it?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Idk what your carb intake is like and what you are shooting for...but protein sources i like later in the day(i tend to have higher fat protein sources closer to bed) are beef, fish like salmon, and whole eggs...

Jda777

Jda777

Banned
Awards
I personally keep the milk intake low - I used to drink it like water.

I'm not a fan of sugars.

You could mix it with protein powder post workout, and that would be fine.

Also - Make sure you are making the distinction between eggs and egg whites.

Whole eggs are much higher in calories and fat. I like to eat alot so eating just whites allows for the servings to be more voluminous.

You can buy them in cartons pretty cheap at sams or costco. I eat the hell out of them.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
You guys should jump over to the other thread about how I need someone to help me with my whole diet. :D

This is the first time I've really dedicated myself to a cut. Usually I would just drop enough so that I could have some shape in the midsection, but now I'm wanting to really get lean for the summer and could use some help.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
i think milk is a must have in your morning meal. If you keep ur calories in check, milk is fine.......given u dont drink it before bed (b/c of carbs, sugars)

GhstFceTrilla

Awards
I think milk is fine. Just opt for fat-free/skimmed milk. As long as you aren't slugging down whole milk its all good. Tuna is a great option, although not filling. 1 can + 1 cup skim milk is how I do it.

TURUGBY

Awards
  • Established
for cutting i try not to eat too late as your metabolism will be slower so more will be stored as bodyfat. So for last meal I'd go for grilled chicken or eggs. In other words protein, little fat, no carbs. Slow burning like casein or cottage cheese would be ideal but you cant afford it right now.

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
for cutting i try not to eat too late as your metabolism will be slower so more will be stored as bodyfat. So for last meal I'd go for grilled chicken or eggs. In other words protein, little fat, no carbs. Slow burning like casein or cottage cheese would be ideal but you cant afford it right now.
You just said no fat or carbs...so is cottage cheese an exception or does it have a negligible amount of carbs and fat?

UKStrength

You just said no fat or carbs...so is cottage cheese an exception or does it have a negligible amount of carbs and fat?
Cottage cheese does have fat and carbohydrates, but it's only a small amount (especially if you buy low fat/non-fat):

Per 100g (non-fat)

64 calories
14g protein
4.3g carbohydrates
1.3g fat

HarryManback

HarryManback

Awards
"i tend to stay away from hippy food"

Hail Yea! I cant down with Soy. It might be because I LOVE regular milk. And because the right winger at work drinks it. As far as late night food, I just drink a protein shake, just 1 scoop with water, and 6 egg whites, and drink a tall glass of quality H2O. There was a recipe of cottage cheese mixed with peanut butter and a little honey all blended. Haven't tried that one yet.