Jiggly Fat?

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So I've been carb cycling pretty strictly for 3 weeks now. I was fairly lean to start probably around 12%bf, pretty tight. All of my fat over my abs has gotten really jiggly and squishy and I don't think my abs don't look as good as they did before. I don't have bf calipers but I know when I pinch the skin it is not nearly as thick as it was before. Does anybody else get this jiggly thing? I thought I read somewhere else that this happens after the fat is gone but the water remains in the cell. Its kind of frustrating because I don't like feeling jiggle when I walk down stairs!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It is probably just water retention, as you said. Drinking LOTS of water will actually help keep you from retaining water, as well as sweating. At LEAST a gallon of water a day will help you out.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What you're feeling is the lipolytic effects. Basically, the fat cells are shrinking and there is more space between them, which results in the squishyness you're feeling.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
That's common...First I get squishy and loose then I tighten up and look way better...It's awesome.

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
This is actually one of the most informative threads I've stumbled upon in awhile. For years i've always noticed the same thing. I've always thought I was "imagining things" but now that you started this thread I can see that it happens to others too!

It's a little disheartening when you've been so strict and disciplined on a cutting diet/exercise program and you look down and there seems to be extra jiggle.

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
It is probably just water retention, as you said. Drinking LOTS of water will actually help keep you from retaining water, as well as sweating. At LEAST a gallon of water a day will help you out.
That could be one.Also recheck your bf see if it went up.good luck.

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is actually one of the most informative threads I've stumbled upon in awhile. For years i've always noticed the same thing. I've always thought I was "imagining things" but now that you started this thread I can see that it happens to others too!

It's a little disheartening when you've been so strict and disciplined on a cutting diet/exercise program and you look down and there seems to be extra jiggle.
Definetly nice to know it happens to others and is an actual good sign. Thanks Rodja and everyone else that replied.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
What you're feeling is the lipolytic effects. Basically, the fat cells are shrinking and there is more space between them, which results in the squishyness you're feeling.
Is that what is it is....makes good sense

i feel the same thing.. the actual thickness of my skinfold is less but it feels giggly but kinda hollow.....

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Hey i posted pretty much the same question a few months back! Now its kind of a feeling I like cause I can tell ive lost fat cells in that area. But it really does make sense, you lost fat but your body hasnt had a chance to shrink up yet so where it used to be solid because of dense fat cells they have no broken up and its more movable or loose whatever you wanna call it!

its a good thing brotha!

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hey i posted pretty much the same question a few months back! Now its kind of a feeling I like cause I can tell ive lost fat cells in that area. But it really does make sense, you lost fat but your body hasnt had a chance to shrink up yet so where it used to be solid because of dense fat cells they have no broken up and its more movable or loose whatever you wanna call it!

its a good thing brotha!
Good to hear, thanks for the info. How long do you tend to usually stick in this jiggly phase before tightening up?

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Not sure im in the jiggly stage right now :p last time i gained it back but youre right i look like **** way more now than when i was solid chubby. I dont like looking in the mirror but the scale keeps dropping so im not complaining... hahaha. Give it a few weeks i guess! I would like to know this answer too guys!

UKStrength

So I've been carb cycling pretty strictly for 3 weeks now. I was fairly lean to start probably around 12%bf, pretty tight. All of my fat over my abs has gotten really jiggly and squishy and I don't think my abs don't look as good as they did before. I don't have bf calipers but I know when I pinch the skin it is not nearly as thick as it was before. Does anybody else get this jiggly thing? I thought I read somewhere else that this happens after the fat is gone but the water remains in the cell. Its kind of frustrating because I don't like feeling jiggle when I walk down stairs!
Mate I feel your pain! I'm at that stage at the moment too. It feels and looks really weird but I promise it will go away after a couple of weeks, just hang in there.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Just keep pressing on, lift them weights and keep up the cardio

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm... This is interesting. So if you're just trying to take a little bit off the abs for summer, you can expect it to get softer during the cutting process? I've been cutting for over a week now and although I'm seeing slightly more definition in my midsection already, it does seem to be getting softer.

About how long does this last? Or does it last until you stop inducing lipolysis?

nevergoodenough

nevergoodenough

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Its been about a week since I first noticed it and I have tightened up some since then, still have a little ways to go but definetly better than a week ago. I might give some diuretics a shot to rid some of that water and see what that does for it.

UKStrength

Its been about a week since I first noticed it and I have tightened up some since then, still have a little ways to go but definetly better than a week ago. I might give some diuretics a shot to rid some of that water and see what that does for it.
I've got some ways to go to get rid of some of the last bits of fat, but any recommendations on diuretics to help with the 'jiggilies' ?

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I've got some ways to go to get rid of some of the last bits of fat, but any recommendations on diuretics to help with the 'jiggilies' ?
i was looking jiggly and horrible in the mirror... ive been on ECA (without the A) for a week and its tightened up considerably

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm ill have to look around because thats saying if you apply it topically (such as lotion or a transdermal carrier). So if you were using Napalm or Lipo Ultra/Y which has Yohimbine you would hold water... not sure about taking it orally though

I start my Controlled Labs tester log next monday for blue up and blue gene which blue up has yohimbine so im curious as well

UKStrength

Hmmm ill have to look around because thats saying if you apply it topically (such as lotion or a transdermal carrier). So if you were using Napalm or Lipo Ultra/Y which has Yohimbine you would hold water... not sure about taking it orally though

I start my Controlled Labs tester log next monday for blue up and blue gene which blue up has yohimbine so im curious as well
True. I might just drop it for a week to see what happens.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On the topicals, add 1g of caffeine to reduce most of the water retention and take 99mg of potassium, 3x/day. Of course, going for a run outside will also help to get rid of most of the water or about 10-15 minutes in a sauna post-training.

coneytt

Awards
Not trying to rain on others parade, but a physician told me you do not lose fat cells unless you get them physically taken out through lypo or surgery.

When dieting, the fat cells shrink. I was told what ever number of cells created are still there, thus the reason one ability to put the weight back on is extremely easy after losing a fairly large amount of weight.

As far as the jiggle, as other stated it is common. It will get to a point where if you squeeze the fat, you may start feeling little knots, which is usually a sigh of weight loss occurring, cells are shrinking, and water weight is at a minimum. (But I'm know doctor, I just know them) ;-)