"Beer Belly"??? WTF? Help!

jimmbow

jimmbow

Awards
Alright, so recently I've kinda been getting a beer belly. The problem is, I don't drink, don't eat fast foods or go out to eat(and when i do I have a stake w/ potatoes or something). Workout-wise, I do HIIT Tues-Thur-Sat, and weights Mon-Wed-Fri. Sunday I'll either rest, or just do around 30-60 min. of low-intensity cardio. I don't know for hte life of me were this is coming from :grumpy: !!! Some people say its due to stress, and granted, I am pretty damn stressed :(

Diet-wise, I'm gonna start the v-diet tomorrow, in hopes that in a few weeks it'll clear things up. What are your guy's thoughts? Can stress really create a "beer belly"?

Oh also, my calories on average is about 2500-3000

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
stress can somewhat add to it, but mostly its "more calories going in than are getting used"

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
at 2500-3000 calories I would have a hard time believing he's putting on fat for that reason with 3 HIIT sessions and 3 weight sessions... who knows though

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, i've seen peoples estimates of their intakes be off by as much as 5000 calories a day (I kid you not) and though I dont think thats the case here, its possible to be off by 300-400 cals pretty easy

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
well, i've seen peoples estimates of their intakes be off by as much as 5000 calories a day (I kid you not) and though I dont think thats the case here, its possible to be off by 300-400 cals pretty easy
This is very true!

jimmbow

jimmbow

Awards

LOL, I can see that for some people, but I'm definitely not off by that much...

My diet is basically:
Breakfast: Since I'm pressed for time(and $$) usually just a casein shake w/ flax, along with my multi-vit, ginger, green tea egcg, garlic, and eca stack
Mid: maybe an orange or two or other various fruits
Lunch: If I'm pressed for time I'll have another shake, or I'll have two eggs with oaks(whey mixed in)
Mid: usually just some nuts at work
Dinner: usually a 6-inch sub from subway(any chicken one mostly)

^another reason I was going to do the v-diet is because I'm already kinda close to it.

Perhaps high cortisol? You could try the Shredded Summer Stack , the Lean Xtreme will help lower your cortisol, and the DCP will help remove the fat.
I'll check it out, thanks!

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
SERIOUSLY LACKING GREENS! You might wanna get some frozen broccoli or something and cook it in the microwave and at least have a serving or 2 a day

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, could be a few things causing it. Napalm will help target that area if you are at a caloric deficiency.

you know, I forgot to ask. are you gaining scale pounds as you are gaining this beer belly?

jimmbow

jimmbow

Awards
SERIOUSLY LACKING GREENS! You might wanna get some frozen broccoli or something and cook it in the microwave and at least have a serving or 2 a day

Definitely gonna go this and throw it in with my lunch

yeah, could be a few things causing it. Napalm will help target that area if you are at a caloric deficiency.

you know, I forgot to ask. are you gaining scale pounds as you are gaining this beer belly?
yeah, but I don't know if that's from muscle or not, because I am gaining size(granted, I would think its more than what my muscles could have given me, dont know though....)

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Throw some pics up here to give a better idea of what we are dealing with.

jimmbow

jimmbow

Awards
gotcha, I'll post'em up tonight when i get home. I'll also look for some pics from before for comparison sake.

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What is your body fat percentage? It could just be that your stomach is your "tough" spot for fat loss. As time goes on and you lose overall BF your stomach should go away. It could also be water retention. There are times in the month that my stomach feels huge because of the water I'm retaining. If water retention is the problem drinking at LEAST a gallon of water a day will help you out, as well as sweating.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
yea, what's your lifestyle like?.. stressful, are u sleeping enough.
Only thing i can think of is Cortisol causing that.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just as an fyi, a friend is doing a trial precontest diet and is down to 7 weeks out from his date, only to realize how far off he was on amounts. what he thought was 6oz chicken was really 10.... so its preety easy to be off by a good margin if you arent weighing everything.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
cucumber, sliced and bagged does wonders for me. especially if I'm on the go.

jimmbow

jimmbow

Awards
Perhaps high cortisol? You could try the Shredded Summer Stack , the Lean Xtreme will help lower your cortisol, and the DCP will help remove the fat.
any idea when it will be back in stock? any other options??

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 30
General Chat 10
Shiznitzz General Chat 48
MMAguy Weight Loss 26
manifesto Weight Loss 18