gyno operation and recovery

Hennie1981

Awards
Hi,

Ever since puberty, I've had to deal with gyno (only puffy nipples). This summer I'll undergo surgery to have the glands removed and I'll also have lipo done in the chest area.
The PS told me I wouldn't be able to lift for 6 weeks or so...
How will this affect my body? I'm sure I'll loose a lot of strength, but what about mass? Do I just keep my protein intake high so that my muscles won't fade away completely...?
Any other board members with similar experiences?

Thanks for the info.

IRON4LIFE

IRON4LIFE

Awards
  • Established
i would just keep your diet clean and take down as many shakes and lean protein sources as you can..might want to avoid carbs in the late afternoon/evenings...at least for me...esp if your out of the gym

What surgeon did you decide to go with...im planning on going under here in the next couple of years...wicked case of aas induced gyno..very unsightly and painful..gyno's nasty stuff...

Hennie1981

Awards
Thanks for your answer.
Gyno's nasty stuff indeed. Mine doesn't hurt but the sight is just terrible. Can't even wear the t-shirts I want...
After reading a lot about it on different forums, I decided to make a change and I contacted a PS. This Saturday we'll set a date for the operation. Probably by the end of July I'll be released from the agony that has been chasing me since puberty. I'm glad I made the decision to do something about it...

Hennie1981

Awards
Someone sent me a PM asking what I have to pay for the surgery. Since I haven't got enough posts yet to reply to PM's, I'll just post it here.

"I live in Europe and the healthcare system is totally different from the States I think (assuming you live in the USA). The price for my surgery will be around 1350 dollars (1000 Euros), and my health insurance will pay half of that amount. The rest I'll have to pay myself but I don't really care, I was practically willing to pay three times that amount. I need to get rid of this problem. I'm afraid the price is a lot higher in the states since I've read about other people paying between 2000 and 6000 dollars, or even more. Hope this helps."

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

Ever since puberty, I've had to deal with gyno (only puffy nipples). This summer I'll undergo surgery to have the glands removed and I'll also have lipo done in the chest area.
The PS told me I wouldn't be able to lift for 6 weeks or so...
How will this affect my body? I'm sure I'll loose a lot of strength, but what about mass? Do I just keep my protein intake high so that my muscles won't fade away completely...?
Any other board members with similar experiences?

Thanks for the info.
Creatine supplementation has been shown to preserve lean muscle in situations where the muscle would normally suffer considerable atrophy. If you do some searches on google it shouldn't be too hard to find a study or two. I distinctly remember one where creatine prevented atrophy in patients with casted limbs.

Hennie1981

Awards
Creatine supplementation has been shown to preserve lean muscle in situations where the muscle would normally suffer considerable atrophy. If you do some searches on google it shouldn't be too hard to find a study or two. I distinctly remember one where creatine prevented atrophy in patients with casted limbs.
Thanks, will do some research on that. First I googled 'casted' because I didn't get the point. English is not my mother tongue so... :)
So lots of protein and enough creatine will do the trick I hope. I'm counting on 4 weeks out of the gym...not looking forward to that but I am looking forward to a normal chest without gyno!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
good luck with it. would you be willing to post pre op and post op pics?

Hennie1981

Awards
good luck with it. would you be willing to post pre op and post op pics?
will do, but it might take some time before I put them online. Operation will be in July (if all goes well...)
Next Saturday the PS and I will set a definite date.
He'll take some pics for my medical file too.

Jaidmaster

Jaidmaster

Awards
Mass and strength should come back fairly quickly. I know when I've taken off for a month or so it seems to take just a little longer than time off to get back to where I was strength wise - just ease back into it. I'd imagine that since there shouldn't be any muscle damage (correct) that it's just tearing the incisions open the doctor is worried about?

Good luck with the surgery and onto your new gyno free life! :)

Aussiefelah

Awards
Hey man good luck with the op, I will be 4 weeks post-op this Tuesday and finally heading back to the gym. If your PS is good your gonna love the results, and if you have any questions chuck them up here.

Hennie1981

Awards
Mass and strength should come back fairly quickly. I know when I've taken off for a month or so it seems to take just a little longer than time off to get back to where I was strength wise - just ease back into it. I'd imagine that since there shouldn't be any muscle damage (correct) that it's just tearing the incisions open the doctor is worried about?

Good luck with the surgery and onto your new gyno free life! :)
Thanks for your reply. The doctor is indeed worried that I might f*ck up my recovery if I start training too soon after the operation (which is logical). Anyway I'm planning to follow the doctor's advise for 100% because I want things to heal properly of course. After the op -> 4 weeks rest and then gradually pick up the routine again. I'm looking forward to a life without those ugly puffy nipples. Can't imagine yet being possible to wear any shirt I want!

Hey man good luck with the op, I will be 4 weeks post-op this Tuesday and finally heading back to the gym. If your PS is good your gonna love the results, and if you have any questions chuck them up here.
Are you happy with your results? And has the swelling gone down a lot since after the operation? The PS that I chose should be skilled enough to make it a succesful operation. He gave me the feeling that he'd done it 1000 times before and that it was just a routine operation. Hope my feeling is right on this one :)

SemperFi9999

Awards
I've had the surgery on both nipples. The two surgeries were about 4 years apart and my symptoms were puffy and tender nipples with a lump about the size of a quarter underneath. I was in the military for the first surgery and was put under local anesthesia (twilight) and got internal sutures. The second surgery was at a VA Hospital using the same anesthesia with external sutures (stitches). The procedure takes about 30 mins and my recovery was about 2-3 weeks. Fortunately, I didn't have to pay a dime while being in the military and a veteran. My gyno was thankful for me using Anadrol and Deca without any PCT. I was young and dumb at the time and many other guys in my company got gyno too for the lack of understanding the significance of estro rebound.

Aussiefelah

Awards
Are you happy with your results? And has the swelling gone down a lot since after the operation? The PS that I chose should be skilled enough to make it a succesful operation. He gave me the feeling that he'd done it 1000 times before and that it was just a routine operation. Hope my feeling is right on this one :)
I've got some swelling above the operation site which is gradually improving though the chest is swelling free, there is just the expected scar tissue around the area where the excision was preformed. I had rather large amounts of glandular tissue in the are (180g a side) so my chest is still a bit "what the F#%k just happened!" though for the most part i'm very happy, to be honest its a bit of an emotional roller-coaster and the area won't calm down until at least 3 months.. or so I hear.

If u want more information gynecomastia.org/smf is a excellent forum solely devoted to discussion of the affliction from acceptance to surgery diaries and post surgery experiences.

Hennie1981

Awards
BCAAs are a must if you are wanting to spare muscle.
my supplements after the op will consist of creatine, protein and BCAAs. Guess that will preserve as much muscle as possible (with enough food to go with it of course)...

I've had the surgery on both nipples. The two surgeries were about 4 years apart and my symptoms were puffy and tender nipples with a lump about the size of a quarter underneath. I was in the military for the first surgery and was put under local anesthesia (twilight) and got internal sutures. The second surgery was at a VA Hospital using the same anesthesia with external sutures (stitches). The procedure takes about 30 mins and my recovery was about 2-3 weeks. Fortunately, I didn't have to pay a dime while being in the military and a veteran. My gyno was thankful for me using Anadrol and Deca without any PCT. I was young and dumb at the time and many other guys in my company got gyno too for the lack of understanding the significance of estro rebound.
2/3 weeks is quite a fast recovery! Since I'm a healthy guy overall, hope my body will recover as fast as that. Now everything is in the hands of the PS :)

I've got some swelling above the operation site which is gradually improving though the chest is swelling free, there is just the expected scar tissue around the area where the excision was preformed. I had rather large amounts of glandular tissue in the are (180g a side) so my chest is still a bit "what the F#%k just happened!" though for the most part i'm very happy, to be honest its a bit of an emotional roller-coaster and the area won't calm down until at least 3 months.. or so I hear.

If u want more information gynecomastia.org/smf is a excellent forum solely devoted to discussion of the affliction from acceptance to surgery diaries and post surgery experiences.
I'm a bit worried about scar tissue that will build up. I've read some stories about people who had that occur to them and in the end they had to undergo another surgery to get rid of the scar tissue... Guess there is nothing to it than to stop worrying about the possible complications and to look forward to a positive end result. After all, I could have just thought "f*ck it, I'll walk around for the rest of my life ashamed about my gyno problem" if I didn't get over the fact that there might be complications involved.