Multiple steady state 25 minute cardio sessions

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
I am trying to get as lean as possible right now. I am currently around 9-10% bodyfat, (for reference 29" waist, 15" arms) and I have a decent 6 pack, but I am attempting to get shredded to get a more athletic look. My diet is high in protein and fiber, I eat all my own cooked meals, an example day would be:

Breakfast: 2 egg omellete pan cooked in olive oil, 1 orange, 1 banana, some grapes, coffee
workout: weights for an hour and a half with high volume, 25 minute treadmill run moderate speed (about 3 miles)
Snack: mixed nuts
Lunch: 10 oz of chicken grilled with spices and light amount of olive oil, kidney beans, banana
Snack: a few more mixed nuts
Workout 2: 25 minute treadmill, about 3 miles
Dinner: similar to lunch or possibly a bison burger, plus salad

typically by my estimates get about 2800-3000 calories

I have a gym in my building and I am a graduate student so I can workout twice a day no problem. I don't like HIIT because I find it either 1) I get injured from the intensity or 2) find it hard to do on a regular basis 3) just don't find it as effective as steady state cardio, I also believe in calories in, calories out so while I may not be burning pure fat or whatever as fuel during cardio, Im still burning calories.

Im not doing any supplements right now, including protein powder. I know people probably think that my protein total (typically 160-200g) is probably not enough for most people?

Any thoughts as to this plan? Ive been doing this about a week or so now and Ive gotten amazing results so far without any loss in strength. my logic is that limiting the cardio to only 25 minutes will limit muscle catabolism, but cardio twice a day will boost my calories burned and increase my metabolism.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
At a glance your fiber doesn't really seem all that high to me.
Depending on your weight, 160-200g protein is fine.
As long as you treat your cardio sessions like regular weight sessions (which you seem to be doing,) you should maintain your muscle like you've been doing and start to cut in to that BF.

My thoughts are that it looks well planned.

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
Thanks man.

It seems to be working. I am seeing veins on my delts and on my abs which is pretty badass and my strength is the same or increasing which is nuts. Ill try this for the rest of the month and see how it turns out.

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
Strange. I seem to be getting some horrendous acne on my neck, chest and back. I am working out about 1.5 hours the first session and 40 minutes the second.

I am not sure if the working out is causing excess sweat causing excess acne or what. I am not taking any supps right now.

I shower after every workout. I havent had acne since i was 18 5 years ago.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
That has happened to me in the past when I didn't use a fresh shirt every day to do my cardio...

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
That has happened to me in the past when I didn't use a fresh shirt every day to do my cardio...
yeah im rocking the white tee's, fresh one every workout. I guess its the sweating.