protein absorbtion - AnabolicMinds.com

protein absorbtion

1. Jag
    Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.

protein absorbtion

i've increased my protein intake lately and decreased carb & fat calories but i've been feeling a little bloated after protein meals.

i'm getting enough fiber in the form of broccolli, cauliflour & other fibrous veges but i was wondering if anyone has had success with anything that will help with protein absorbtion/digestion.

thanks. Jag

2. Senior Member

I don't know personally,but guys I respect recomend ginger. It's cheap and appearently works wonders. You can also try digestive enzimes.
  3. Professional Member

Bump on the enzyme answer. Bro I was taking these vegetarian enzymes after each meal and my appetite skyrocketed because i was digesting my food so much more efficiently and effectively. That reminds me I gotta get some more. I couldn't eat enough, my bodyweight jumped up 4lbs in 2 weeks because all the excess food I was taking in.
    •   

4. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    Bump on the enzyme answer. Bro I was taking these vegetarian enzymes after each meal and my appetite skyrocketed because i was digesting my food so much more efficiently and effectively. That reminds me I gotta get some more. I couldn't eat enough, my bodyweight jumped up 4lbs in 2 weeks because all the excess food I was taking in.
    Ginger seems to have a similar effect. Guys report being able to handle heavy food intake with greater ease and less or no bloat. I've never had a problem with that though.
  5. Jag
    Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    jminis, what about fat gain though? i'm a meso/endo but do put on fat quick especially as i get older (late 30's) i'm always battling with fat gain so i don't want to be eating more?

on the other hand, if my body will make better use of the added calories with the use of enzymes without the fat gain then i'm in!!

Jag
  6. New Member

I would also recomend ginger root 500mg during or before a big meal...It also helps with motion sickness
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. protein absorbtion
    By Young Gotti in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 02:13 PM
  2. Protein Absorbtion...
    By robotj in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 12:43 PM
  3. What flavor of protein shake is your favorite?
    By Chemo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 02:11 PM
  4. Fiber and Protein absorbtion?
    By chainsaw in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 08:10 AM
  5. protein source
    By sage in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-01-2002, 06:00 PM