protein absorbtion

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
i've increased my protein intake lately and decreased carb & fat calories but i've been feeling a little bloated after protein meals.

i'm getting enough fiber in the form of broccolli, cauliflour & other fibrous veges but i was wondering if anyone has had success with anything that will help with protein absorbtion/digestion.

thanks. Jag

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I don't know personally,but guys I respect recomend ginger. It's cheap and appearently works wonders. You can also try digestive enzimes. :)

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Bump on the enzyme answer. Bro I was taking these vegetarian enzymes after each meal and my appetite skyrocketed because i was digesting my food so much more efficiently and effectively. That reminds me I gotta get some more. I couldn't eat enough, my bodyweight jumped up 4lbs in 2 weeks because all the excess food I was taking in.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Bump on the enzyme answer. Bro I was taking these vegetarian enzymes after each meal and my appetite skyrocketed because i was digesting my food so much more efficiently and effectively. That reminds me I gotta get some more. I couldn't eat enough, my bodyweight jumped up 4lbs in 2 weeks because all the excess food I was taking in.
Ginger seems to have a similar effect. Guys report being able to handle heavy food intake with greater ease and less or no bloat. I've never had a problem with that though.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
jminis, what about fat gain though? i'm a meso/endo but do put on fat quick especially as i get older (late 30's) i'm always battling with fat gain so i don't want to be eating more?

on the other hand, if my body will make better use of the added calories with the use of enzymes without the fat gain then i'm in!! :D

Jag

Zeus

Awards
I would also recomend ginger root 500mg during or before a big meal...It also helps with motion sickness