Carb up day on AD

itzgambino

Awards
Hey guys I just have 1 more question about the anabolic diet, I keep reading the book on the cutting phase but cannot seem to find a straight answer about how many calories to eat on the weekends. When I'm cutting do I still eat under my maintenance, just in mostly carbs, or not restrict my amount of calories? Thanks!

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I beg to differ "No real limit" is listed, while not direct, it means what it means, no real limit. You can go basically really high on carbs and you'll be fine. All though there are a few things you should take into consideration.

1. If your body fat is too high you want to consilidate your carb load to about 24 hours.

2. Keep fat and protein intake low.

3. After a few carb loads you'll see the range of carbs you need to get a full appearance and over all feeling without going into bloating.

Carb loads you'll be going much higher than normal caloric intake.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
This is where knowing your maintenance calories is helpful. Try to keep track of how many calories you are eating daily, and burning daily. One lb. of fat = 3,500 calories. So if you want to lose 1 lb a week (which is a good pace to go at, slow weight loss is generally better, longer lasting weight loss) make sure that you are in at least a 3,500 calorie deficit by the end of the week.

So by counting your calories M-F you will have an idea as to how many calories that you can consume on your carb load up days.

That being said, I am of the school of thought that you should enjoy your first few carb-ups. It is a nice reward, and it makes the diet easy to make into a lifestyle. After a few carb ups you will find yourself wanting to be more strict.