when to take my carbs

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
since im going to a low carb diet. should i take my carbs pre and post? or in the morning and post? ect.

faaipdeoiad

faaipdeoiad

Awards
i think its debatable but i do all three. some people will just do morning and post, but i prefer having the energy to finish a tough workout. just split total carbs into 3, i think u only need like 20 preworkout to help a little

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
ok...morning...pre/post. that does make sense

faaipdeoiad

faaipdeoiad

Awards
oh i forgot to ask when u lift, if u lift in the morning obviously u can cut it to just 2

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do IMMEDIETLY post workout, and 30min later with protein.

I feel like ****, if i take carbs pre workout..

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
sometimes i lift in the morning and sometimes i lift in the afternoon depending how my schedule is tha tday.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
I workout in the morning, so I like to just taper my carbs down throught the day. Complex carbs pre workout, some quick carbs post workout, and then some veggies in the afternoon. Then beyond about 4pm or so cut the carbs off.

Works pretty well for me.

With low carb diet, I would have my carb emphasis be pre workout.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
so i have a 12 hr schedule. I go to wotk 6am and dont get off tile 6pm. I eat at work. So ill eat breakfast with carbs at around 630. then Ill have my 2 meals of chicken and veggies. Then have my shake with carbs pre. then another chicken meal with veggies after that. sound good?

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i prefer to take 30g (roughly 2.5)scoopes of powdered gatorade. i use powder since it is dextrose instead of HFCS. another thing ppl neglect alot is. u need electrolytes on low carbs! another reason GATOR is good

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
taking dextrose is going to defeat most of the purpose of a low carb diet, unless you are only taking it on refeeds

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
well how is this

1st meal- 2 scoops of whey protien with hand full of almonds/1/2 cup of oatmeal
2nd meal-4oz chicken/hand full of almonds/ 3/4cup of green beans
3rd meal same as 2
pre wo-same as 1 but with 1/2 cup of oatmeal
post-???? same as 2??
maybe i cant get one more meal.

I get off at six go to the gym at like 7 get around between 8-830. Im in bed by 10. so will my post workout meal count as my last as well?

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
I'm a carb in the am, 2 slices of wheat bread with chicken at lunch....

Post Waxy Maize and protein.

faaipdeoiad

faaipdeoiad

Awards
i think u want to avoid fats postworkout and first thing in the morning, it slows down the digestion of the carbs/protein. i keep my almonds a few hours before lifting and a few hours after (i eat alot of them). aside from that looks good. i started substituting lean ground turkey instead of chicken, cheap, tastes better and theres more cooking options.
u could keep ur pwo meal as ur last or add some cottage cheese/ casein before sleeping if u need more cals.

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
All depends on when you hit the gym also!

I really like to switch it up and go very low carbs for 5 days (30g total per day), then for 2 days before chest and legs... It the 500 to 800 carb mark

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
i think u want to avoid fats postworkout and first thing in the morning, it slows down the digestion of the carbs/protein. i keep my almonds a few hours before lifting and a few hours after (i eat alot of them). aside from that looks good. i started substituting lean ground turkey instead of chicken, cheap, tastes better and theres more cooking options.
u could keep ur pwo meal as ur last or add some cottage cheese/ casein before sleeping if u need more cals.
I have cassian protien also but i dont believe i need it.

All depends on when you hit the gym also!

I really like to switch it up and go very low carbs for 5 days (30g total per day), then for 2 days before chest and legs... It the 500 to 800 carb mark

I tried doing that for a day and just didnt work out. It was hard to go back to my diet after

bodyfort

Awards
preworkout to attain fuel and postworkout for balancing metabolism

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
well guys ill be gone til tuesday. i have work and i cannot log in to AM through there. so ill let you noe how my diet is for work when i get back. thanks

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ohh yah if ur on a low carb diet i dont think u should drink any cabrd before or after gym i would just supplement with electrolytes and leucine

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
mine are mostly post shake and post meal. very limited after that. pre only if im going to run after weights

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
solomon-chan Weight Loss 15
Supplements 22
Nutrition / Health 7
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 38
Anabolics 23