Losing my Stomach Fat

Alexdmk

Awards
I've lost about one hundred pounds off everywheres, so my entire body is looking lanky... all buuuut my stomach. Still a giant pouch. I want to lose it all before I start bulking up. I'm doing a low carb deal. Any other recommendations?

bornthisway

Awards
My situation is similar to yours. Even with a good diet and working out I needed additional fat loss aids. There's lots of things you could add to your regime if you wanted, whether it's ephedrine/caffeine, or tta, or another thermogenic. I definitely am seeing results, ofcourse I still workout insanely at the gym doing weights then cardio. Persistence is key too.. I'm finally seeing the stomach come down I'd attribute part of that to my attempt at following the ephedrine/caffeine fat loss study.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
are you training with weights? If so what is your experience level?

I would suggest either a 3 day a week full body circuit routine staying in the 14-20 rep range if you are relatively inexperienced. If you have the chops go with a 5 day split in the 14-20 rep range, 15 or so sets per body part.

As far as cardio goes, this depends on your experience as well. If you have been doing a lot of cardio go with 10 minutes of HIIT after training, and then 20-30 minutes of steady state cardio. If you are inexperienced start with 30 minutes of steady state cardio.

If possible schedule your training first thing in the morning, and train fasted, use BCAAs during your workout to spare your muscle.

You said you are on a carb diet, I like the Anabolic Diet, and many have great results with CKD diets. These are both carb cycling type diets.

Worry about supplements last. Once you get everything else on point look into your supps. You also have to take any health concerns into consideration at this stage, as you don't want to take any stimulants if you have a condition such as high blood pressure.

There are also some very good non-stim fat burners out there as well, but I will leave this advice to someone better versed in these matters.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I put on a stomach trimmer lil belt and ribe my bike 32 miles a few times a week and I stay ripped. You should try it its easy, fun and works.

EDIT
"I would suggest either a 3 day a week full body circuit routine staying in the 14-20 rep range if you are relatively inexperienced. If you have the chops go with a 5 day split in the 14-20 rep range, 15 or so sets per body part."

I'm doing this and love it, 3 days in the gym and other days biking.

Alexdmk

Awards
I'm inexperienced in weight training and, although I just began cardio work so I'm still fairly inexperienced in that aswell. I'd like to start training tomorrow.

My diet is an under 20 carbs a day deal, and mostly compiled of red meats/fish. Is a carb cycling diet more efficient than a plain old low carb diet?

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I'm inexperienced in weight training and, although I just began cardio work so I'm still fairly inexperienced in that aswell. I'd like to start training tomorrow.

My diet is an under 20 carbs a day deal, and mostly compiled of red meats/fish. Is a carb cycling diet more efficient than a plain old low carb diet?
Yes! Very much so.

The diet that I am on allows me to indulge in carbs for two days a week, while limiting my carbs to 30 grams a day 5 days a week. This is done primarily to manipulate anabolic hormones, but it also increases leptin (hormone that essentially makes you less) hungry, and it keeps you from going crazy worrying about what you cannot eat.

On the weekends if I want pizza, I eat pizza. I have up to 48 hours to indulge, within caloric limits of course.

CKD diets are a little more strict on the weekends, and are essentially ketosis diets. Seeing as though you are already eating such a low amount of carbs you are probably already in ketosis, or you will be soon.

There are tons of threads about these diets around here, check them out!

Seeing as though you are pretty new to this I would definately go with the circuit training (a full body workout going from one body part to another with as little rest as possible between sets). I would also stick with the 30 minutes of steady state cardio, but after a week or two start with 5 minutes of HIIT, and build up to 10.

If you want some help designing your program I will be happy to help.

Alexdmk

Awards
Yes! Very much so.

The diet that I am on allows me to indulge in carbs for two days a week, while limiting my carbs to 30 grams a day 5 days a week. This is done primarily to manipulate anabolic hormones, but it also increases leptin (hormone that essentially makes you less) hungry, and it keeps you from going crazy worrying about what you cannot eat.

On the weekends if I want pizza, I eat pizza. I have up to 48 hours to indulge, within caloric limits of course.

CKD diets are a little more strict on the weekends, and are essentially ketosis diets. Seeing as though you are already eating such a low amount of carbs you are probably already in ketosis, or you will be soon.

There are tons of threads about these diets around here, check them out!

Seeing as though you are pretty new to this I would definately go with the circuit training (a full body workout going from one body part to another with as little rest as possible between sets). I would also stick with the 30 minutes of steady state cardio, but after a week or two start with 5 minutes of HIIT, and build up to 10.

If you want some help designing your program I will be happy to help.
The Anabolic Diet is very interesting to me. I figure I'll finish this week of my current diet + possibly switch over to it. My progress and further research will determine that.

Also, some help designing my program would be great. A gym is being built down the road from me and will be opening this June, but for now, all I have are dumbbells.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
The Anabolic Diet is very interesting to me. I figure I'll finish this week of my current diet + possibly switch over to it. My progress and further research will determine that.

Also, some help designing my program would be great. A gym is being built down the road from me and will be opening this June, but for now, all I have are dumbbells.

Get into a gym asap. For now though you can make use of your dumbbells. If you do not have a bench you will need to get one. You can generally find these things being given away, or sold as cheap as possible in the classifieds/Craigslist. Worst case scenario go to Sam's or Wal-mart and buy one for 60 or so dollars.

Since you are a newbie check out this site:

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/dumbbellexercises.html

It has animations of the exercises that you can do with dumbbells.

Your program should look something like this:

Dumbbell Press for Chest - 14 reps

Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 14 reps

One Arm Dumbbell Rows - 14 reps

Bicep Curls - 14 reps

Tricep Kickbacks - 14 reps

Dumbbell Squats - 14 reps

Remember, don't rest between the sets. This type of training gives you the benefits of both resistance training and cardio at the same time. It doesn't do either one thing great, but it is fine for a beginner.

Then take a very small break and do this whole routine again. Eventually work your way up to 3 circuits, and by the time the gym opens up you will be in much better shape than you are now.

Alexdmk

Awards
I just bought a bench over Kijiji as we speak. Should have it tonight. Also purchased an Elliptical Machine. I'm planning on having all this set-up + beginning tomorrow at 6am. Thank you very much for the help.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
cardio 1st thing in morning for 30-40min low intensity ON EMPTY STOMACH with some stimulant and/or l-leucine. 1.empty stomach to hit ur stomach fat stores for energy. 2. l-leucine keep u anabolic. 3. stimulant to increas HR and energy expendegure. another thing caffaine helps free fat cell for digestion

bodyfort

Awards
I've lost about one hundred pounds off everywheres, so my entire body is looking lanky... all buuuut my stomach. Still a giant pouch. I want to lose it all before I start bulking up. I'm doing a low carb deal. Any other recommendations?
Ive been doing abdominal exercise three times a day for everyday for about 2-3minutes. Ive already lost two inch